1029.Liina Suurvarik

Vittel:
1st round Kanepi d. (7)Schaul 6:1,6:0
2nd round Kanepi d. Kondratieva 6:1,7:5

Palermo:
1st Q-round (6)Ani d. Gehrlein 6:2,6:3

#1,846 · (Edited)
:sad:
Does Margit have any intent on playing anymore???
BTW, why did she lose those first round matches in Tallinn. I thought she had no problems when she wasn't injured???

BTW, Riga Open G4 Qualies is on right now but sadly the Estonians didn't fare well:
Gabriela Sinskaite def. Anna Pavlova 6-1 6-3
Ekaterina Stepanova def. Anelle Luik 6-3 6-3
Natalia Belova def. Annelyl Pokras 6-0 6-0 :tape:

BTW, I know people have told mme who Annelyl Pokras is but is she stupid??? She keeps on playing 10Ks and gets double bagelled, then plays a G4 QUALIFYING and a weak one at that (only 1 ranked player, not her opponent) and gets double bagelled. QUIT TENNIS!!!! :mad:

#1,848 ·
At AOTK Twiga Cup, Tatjana Vorobjova is top seed and Erika Hendsel is 3rd. There is no one else of obvious note playing so one of the chokers will hopefully win their first singles title. And if they combine, they would be on course for Tatja holding 5 G4s, and Erika holding 2 :yeah:

#1,849 ·
I know this is boys, but Estonia obviously has a potentially bright future in mens tennis :)
In the 14U Summer Cups, the 3 players are Kenneth at 4 in the 14U TE rankings, Mattias Siimar at 21 and his brother Kristofer at 52. This is an amazing achievement for such a small nation, with basically 2 in the top 20 and 3 in the top 50. Good luck boys :)

Unfortunately the girls didn't produce a team :oh:

BTW, according to TE, there will be 2 girls in 14s 16s and 18s :cheer:
I am guessing in the 18s Anett/Eva, 16s Tatja/Erika and I don't really know 14s

IMO, they should have had 3 girls go to Klosters. Anett and Eva for singles and Anett/Tatja for doubles given Tatja's prowess. Then put Erika with Kimberly or Valeria. If that was allowed for the 18s, Estonia could have come home with 2 medals :shrug:

#1,851 · (Edited)
Yeah I saw the article :)
Hendrik Inno :)
That will be a great experience for them both
I'd love to play doubles with my coach :D
Here is the thread I made in the challenger section :)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=21777952#post21777952

Here is the draw:
http://www.tennistour.eu/en/tournament/284/print

There have already been so many upsets :eek:
Kadi is not really great, but for Liisa, a girl who hasn't had great results yet expcept for a few successes at 16 and 14U level, to beat her 3 and 1, that's quite unexpected

And Birgit Burk is really sweeping through with 3 and 2 over Elisa and 3 and 1 over Lisanna :eek:

It's a shame Mari lost. She really should have won that match :(

Julia :cheer: at making what might be a comeback :bounce:
Estonian tennis needs her :D

Eva, Erika and Tatja :eek: especially are sweeping through the draw. It's such a shame Erika and Tatja have to meet now. IMO 2 and 3rd most likely to win the tourney :(

In doubles, Eva and Tatja would have to be the favourites coming off their win at Riga Open but I can't believe that Piret is still playing :lol:

And why isn't Mari playing doubles :spit: She's playing mixed and it's her better field

Anyway, I would watch out for Julia and Mia, they could cause some damage, as could hopefully Lisanna and Erika :)

I am happy about the mixed though :)

Hopefully an Ani/Inno vs V orobjova/Ivanov clash :inlove:

It's a shame not to be seeing Kenneth though
He still hasn't played any 18U since last year at Estonian Junior Open yet Stefan Kozlov who is 2 months older is approx. 60 in the juniors (I know he is very big for his age, and also boys don't really start doing well until 16, but it's still worrying :scared:)

Attached are the current Estonian Womens Tennis Rankings :)

EDIT: How do you upload an excel chart???

#1,852 ·
Nearly no Womens matches were completed yesterday, except for Julia Matojan's :)
I hope she is making a comeback because she beat both her opponents 6-0 6-0 :eek:
She faces Eva Paalma now in a match I wish I could see :(
Anyway, my picks for the semi's are Liisa Pajumets, Tatjana Vorobjova, Julia Matojan and Mia Nicole Eklund. Here is the updated draw with some Doubles and Mixed Doubles fixtures being completed :)
http://www.tennistour.eu/en/tournament/284/print

Also, I would like to say that Estonia finished FIRST!!!!!:eek: in the 14U Boys European Summer Cups Group C Qualifying, beating Germany in the Final. Such a great result for such a small country where there aren't as many facilities and popularity in the sport :bounce: :D

#1,853 ·
Some upsets at the championships :)
Liisa Pajumets backed up her win over Kadi with a 4 and 0 victory over Bogatova, who had just beaten Mari Mahoni in a 7-5 in the 3rd affair
Erika beat Tatja 4 and 0 :eek: also, which given Erika's 16U form and Tatja's Doubles Titles, coupled with her double bagel the previous round and her being the defending champion is quite shocking
Eva had an easier than expected win over Julia Matojan 6-3 6-3. I thought Matojan might scam this given Eva's choking abilities
And finally a huge upset in that Birgit Burk continued her great run in beating Mia Nicole Eklund 3 and 2 :eek: Birgit had also wiped away Elisa Mai Koonik by this score and Lisanna Pihlak 3 and 1 :eek:

Anyway, Eva is now the favourite IMO if she can keep her head on, but even if she doesn't Erika is as much of a choker :lol:

In the new live rankings, Mia Nicole will go up to Number 3 in the National Rankings, Ilves goes to 4, Eva to 5, Erika + Mari + Birgit go to 6, Lisanna will go to 9 and most importantly, Tatja will go down to 18 :tape:

She will never get into any pro events unless she gets a ranking or plays Antalya :facepalm:
Even if she wins the doubles she will only go up to 10 when really she should be setting her sights on 4th

Anyway, it's her own fault :lol:

It's nice that Erika finally got up to 6th and that Eva is edging closer to that 3rd position :)

Finally good for nothing Kadi is off the top :cheer:

#1,856 · (Edited)
Eva Paalma is throught to the final of the Estonian Championships with a 7-6(3) 6-3 win over Birgit Burk :)
She is now just 30 points away from the 4th National Position :)

Erika Hendsel is listed as being in the final but with no score :confused:
I am guessing that Pajumets couldn't play :(

EDIT: Erika won 6-4 6-2 :cheer:

Anyway, an expected final given the SF Line-ups :)

Eva is the favourite to claim the title. If Erika wins then whoever does better at doubles will claim the 4th Position :)

The new rankings including the Finals points and Doubles Semis Points are:

1 Kaia Kanepi
2 Anett Kontaveit
3 Mia-Nicole Eklund
4 Kadi Ilves
5 Eva Paalma
6 Erika Hendsel
7 Mari Mahoni
8 Birgit Burk
9 Lisanna Pihlak
10 Anelle Luik
10 Heike-Brit Rõss
12 Karina Bogatova
12 Elisa Mai Koonik
14 Liisa Pajumets
14 Tatjana Vorobjova
16 Piret Ilves
17 Kadi-Liis Saar
17 Annemai Mutso
19 Mari Kalma
20 Elina Põiklik
21 Polina Tsernjak
22 Julia Matojan
23 Valeria Gorlats
23 Anna Pavlova
25 Ene Tuul
25 Riin Veiram
27 Anella Pajumets
28 Kimberly Valgemäe
28 Irina Studneva
30 Kristel Kõiva

#1,859 ·
Paalma/Vorobjova def. Luik/Koonik 6-2 6-2
Matojan/Eklund def. Hendsel/Pihlak 6-2 6-0 :eek:

Good luck in the finals girls :)
I pick Paalma/Vorobjova :)

Here are the new rankings :)

1 Kaia Kanepi
2 Anett Kontaveit
3 Mia-Nicole Eklund
4 Kadi Ilves
5 Eva Paalma
6 Erika Hendsel
7 Mari Mahoni
8 Birgit Burk
9 Lisanna Pihlak
10 Anelle Luik
10 Heike-Brit Rõss
12 Karina Bogatova
12 Elisa Mai Koonik
14 Tatjana Vorobjova
15 Liisa Pajumets
16 Piret Ilves
17 Kadi-Liis Saar
17 Annemai Mutso
19 Mari Kalma
20 Elina Põiklik
21 Polina Tsernjak
22 Julia Matojan
23 Valeria Gorlats
23 Anna Pavlova
25 Ene Tuul
25 Riin Veiram
27 Anella Pajumets
28 Kimberly Valgemäe
28 Irina Studneva
30 Kristel Kõiva

#1,861 ·
It does matter for Eva, Erika and Tatjana IMO as they are the ones wanting to play pros soon. If Erika was 20th Alternate from QUALIFYING in 2 Madrid 10Ks at Number 8 in the National Rankings, then how is Tatja supposed to get into any 10Ks with her ranking now down at around 10-15 :lol:

BTW, the rankings are basically set now :) If Eva wins, she will go up to 4, overtaking Kadi. If Erika wins she will stay at number 6 :) If Mia Nicole and Julia win Doubles, Mia will stay as number 1 and simply increase her lead over everyone else and Julia will stay at 22. If Eva and Tatjana win, Eva will stay at Number 5 if she doesn't win her singles, or Stay at Number 4 if she does and Tatja will move up to Tied 12th :)

I was going to say that this would be a great confidence booster for Erika and Liisa for next weeks AOTK Cup (it was for Tatja last year :)) but it is also a change of surfaces :(
That can't help at all, given that they only have a few days to adapt :sad:

#1,866 · (Edited)
Some highlights from the final :)
Despite their lack of power, there were some really nice rallies :)
I expected Eva to hit the ball harder, like she did against Katerzyna Piter at SEB Tallink Open V but Erika hits the ball quite hard for someone her age :)
Here's the link:
http://sport.err.ee/tennis/058e0ca4-dc56-44b8-804a-e73f96fa37f9

BTW, for the first time in perhaps ever, there are no Estonian's on 10K Tampere list :spit:
It is so sad that because of European Championships, we have no competitors. We have no on over 18 willing to play professionally besides Kaia :sobbing:

Eva/Tatjana won the final against Mia Nicole/Julia 6-4 6-1 :)

Tatjana is now tied 12th in the National Rankings :)

Starting tonight is the AOTKTwiga Cup :cheer:
Tatja pulled out but Erika, Liisa, Annela, Birgit, Elisa Mai and Lisanna are all competing, with Erika as 2nd Seed :cheer:

She unfortunately has Iryna Shymanovich, number 15 in the world in 16U :eek:
Shymanovich was a qualifier which was unlucky for Erika :sad:
If she wins though then I expect her to make the final as there are not really any other players in her half that are particularly good.

The other Estonians have quite good draws except for Birgit, as everyone else draws a Qualifier or a Lucky Loser :oh:

Good luck to all and I hope to see many Estonians in the second round :cheer:

#1,867 ·
Every Estonian except Elisa Mai Koonik and Jana Kuzovkova :eek: lost :facepalm:
She only won because she draw Anna Pavlova, the Estonian who lost first round in Qualies :lol:
I knew that all the FQR loses got LL spots but why did Ann? (she lost First Round, not 2nd)
Anyway, I don't mind as much that Erika lost to Shymanovich 6-4 6-1 as she is a very good player, but Liisa getting a bagel against a LL and Lisanna getting routined by a Qualifier is just sad. Birgit Burk made a name for herself as she scored a first set bagel over the 6th seed before going down 2 and 3 in the second and third. The huge plus side to the day was Jana Kuzovkova though :) After winning last weeks 14U Babolat Cup at Tondiraba which provided a good warm-up, she defeated the 4th seed 7-6(3) 6-0 :eek: As the only player in the draw who did not play the Estonian Championships, I think this is proof that the players didn't have enough time to react to the change of surfaces. Maybe AOTK TwigaCup should be a week later next year, or maybe the Championships earlier. Anyway, she will play Great Kerezaite, the winner of a LL battle :lol: There are so many LLs :haha: Hopefully she can make the quarters :)

In the doubles, Estonian Championships Semi-Finalists Lisanna Pihlak and Erika Hendsel have teamed up as the third seeds while the Pajumets sisters and Birgit Burk/Elisa Mai Koonik have both draw unseeded teams. Anna Pavlova has teamed up with Russia Ekaterina Nazarova and play unseeded team Mariella Blackwell/Elena Golovnyova :)

#1,868 ·
Here is some info on Mia Nicole Eklund, an honorary Estonian :)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mia-Nicole-Eklund/263989406961863
http://miaeklund-com.sn21.zone.eu/
She seems to be making decent progress on the Pro-tour and I hope she can get a ranking soon :)
http://www.itftennis.com/ProCircuit/players/player/profile.aspx?PlayerID=100152949
Here is the video of her match vs Johanna Hyoty in the Finnish Indoor Championships Final :)
She hits the ball very deep and quite hard and she has quite a good serve :)

#1,871 ·
Junior G4 in Latvia this week

R1:

Luize Liva STRIKE (LAT) 6-2 6-2 Kimberly VALGEMAE (EST)
Olga SHARYPOVA (RUS) [6] 6-1 6-4 Elisa Mai KOONIK (EST)
ANNA ANNIJA VEINSTEINA (LAT) 6-3 6-2 Tatjana VOROBJOVA (EST) [3]
Anastasia SHAULSKAYA (RUS) [2] 6-3 3-6 6-1 Erika HENDSEL (EST)

Egor SHUTOV (RUS) 7-5 Retired Kenneth RAISMA (EST)
Boris POKOTILOV (RUS) [1] 6-3 7-6(9) Anton PAVLOV (EST)

This tournament seems to be epic fail for the Estonians :sobbing:

#1,872 ·
And the Estonians normally play so well in Latvia :sobbing:
:facepalm:
I expected more from Kimberly and much much more from Tatja :(
Kanneth :sad:
I think that Elisa and Erika did pretty well though, as Elisa can barely win matches and Erika played a tough opponent :)
The third set is worrying though :(
Also Anton di pretty well, but the boys is very weak compared to the girls :lol:
We have a good shot at doing well in Doubles though with Erika and Anton as 2nd Seeds and Tatja lurking :)
I wonder how Kimberly/Elisa will do against the 3rd Seeds as Elisa is a good Doubles player (although she always gets good partners :oh:) and they were supposed to play at the Estonian Open before Kimberly had to pull out :(

#1,880 ·
This week:
Eva Paalma, Erika Hendsel in Stockholm 10K: http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/women's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100027526
Tatjana Vorobjova, Elisa Mai Koonik, Kimberley Valgemae, Jana Kuzovkova, Birgit Burk, Lisanna Pihlak, Annela Pajumets, Liisa Pajumets, Polina Tsernjak, Annelyl Pokras in Nokia Junior Cup, G4.

BTW, in SEB Tallink Open next year, will they be doing 2 WC trade-offs to get the others 10K WCs or will they actually try giving Tatjana and Eva 25K WCs :lol: Eva might cope, Tatja on Indoor Hard: No way :wavey:

I think they should do this:
WCM 1: Anett
WCM 2: Trade with Sweden or Finland for 2 10K WCMs + 1 WCQ for 10K.
WCM 3: Another Trade or direct exchange with 25K Helsinki :)

WCQ 1: Eva Paalma
WCQ 2: Erika Hendsel
WCQ 3: Tatjana Vorobjova
WCQ 4: Birgit Burk

I wish they made the clay Estonian Futures mid year a combined event :) It would make it easier for the girls as most of them grew up on clay :)

#1,881 ·
Last time it was a 25k:

1. Schutting
2. Sanna Saarteinen in exchange for a Tampere 10k wild-card for Schutting, where she would have been a direct entry, had she entered in time.
3. Was sold to Malou Ejde$gaard.
4. Was given to Kontaveit, but only after sponsors intervened.

#1,882 ·
25K for a 10K :lol:
I hope they cut a better deal next time :D
So they weren't going to give it to Anett???
Anyway, is Schutting coming back???
I wonder how it will work???
BTW, the field was really strong last time :eek:
And why did they cancel the 2nd 25K that year?
It will probably be stronger next year as it is an Indoor in Europe :lol:
Also, who is Maria Bergenheim??? She has no Juniros or Pro Circuit Profile but is Number 2 in the World in Seniors Over 35 :eek:

#1,885 ·
Wow!!
I always thought it was funny that Margit played qualies that tournament. Given the form that Schutting was in it should definitely have gone to Margit, especially given that Anett was off to college :lol:
Anyway, I am not sure whether Margit should have replaced Anett or Anett, but I think that it was a biased decision :)
It's such a shame Margit's gone away :(
Let's just hope that Eva can step up :)
She has a great opporunity to qualify this week with no ranked players in her path to Qualification :) Erika can qualify but has Miloslavjic 2nd Round :( Do you know if there are live scores like last year Meelis???

She still doesn't have an ITF Profile :confused:

#1,886 ·
Catrine Landstrom def. Erika Hendsel 6-4 2-6 6-4 :sad:
Eva Paalma def. Angela Roesler 6-0 6-4 :cheer:
Eva Paalma vs Anna Signe Rasmussen (Next Match on Court 1, Livescores: http://www.tennisscores.de/livescore/itfswe/livescorer.html)
The tournament did an article on Eva :D
http://www.djtk.se/

Birgit Burk vs Laura Pennanen
Polina Tsernjak vs Aleksandra Vostrikova
Kimberley Valgemae vs Daria Ponomareva
Lisanna Pihlak vs Arina Sedanova

I expect Birgit to win as she is up against an unranked player, Kimberley's match is definitely winnable and hopefully Lisanna too, but I wouldn't be my money on anybody winning :(

Eva should make MD though as her opponents CH in Juniors is in the low 400s and she is currently in the 700s :D
If Eva makes QF of one of the tourneys and 2nd Round of the other, she will have a ranking :D

#1,887 · (Edited)
Birgit Burk def. Laura Pennanen 6-0 6-3 :inlove:
Aleksandra Vostrikova def. Polina Tsernjak 6-1 6-2 :shrug:
Daria Ponomareva def. Kimberley Valgemae 6-3 4-6 6-4 :hug:
Lisanna Pihlak def. Arina Sedanova 6-3 6-0 :D

Eva Paalma def. Anna Signe Rasmussen 6-2 6-3 :cheer:

Birgit Burk vs. valeria Urzhumova
Lisanna Pihlak vs Natalia Belova

Eva Paalma vs Laura Schaeder
Eva Paalma/Maria Mokh vs. Ema Mikulcic/Dejana Raicikovic

I have no idea how Eva scored such a partner as they don't seem to know eachother from Juniors :shrug: Her CH is 359 and in Doubles 435, and she just won her R1 against a Swedish girl ranked in the 683s (Maria is 736 right now) 0 and 0 :lol: They have a good shot at making the QF against number 1 Seeds Melander/Milosavljevic :)

Eva's Scorecards available for Download here with WTA Scoreboard style Stats and a full match point progression :) http://www.tennis-ticker.com/cms/iwebs/default.aspx?mmid=9267&smid=32291&tournid=527

BTW, I was just reading Erika's Scorecard. She had 4-0 in the final set, going at 4-0 when serving, 2 points away from 5-0. Then had GP at 4-4. Such a shame :(