Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who are the least classiest players on tour?

24K views 225 replies 103 participants last post by  oliviasmith 
#1 ·
Inspired by the "classiest" thread :oh:

Serena, Shazzapova, Aza, Capriati, and Henin tied in my book :oh:

#102 ·
lol @ the poster singularising azarenka to be the worst in this department with the videos. I guess he mistook the thread to be which player you hate the most. In no way i am implying vika is classy on court coz i dnt thnk she is,but i also think she isnt the worst and those videos dont contribute much. All of them are heat of the moment reactions and she herself has admited she has temper management issues.correct me if i am wrong,but i dnt remember her ever saying anything disrespectful or sarcartic towards a fellow player in cool head or off court,which i personally find less classy than an heat of the moment outburst. Just my two cents.agree to disagree.

#106 ·
Светльо;22480289 said:
Is this like the only documented match where Serena's opponent shook the umpire's hand first?
Actually no there has been several instances in the past where she shook the umpire's hand 2nd. I have no clue when she started shaking the umpire's hand 1st :lol:

#107 ·
Do you think Serena was thinking "Oh no this bitch didn't" after every single on of those? :lol:

#111 ·
:lol: like those two incidents are not more than enough to classify her as the most classless player.
But she has had a billion classless moments or comments, not just those 2 anyway

#219 ·
How did she deserve it!?! She was doing her job as she should, it wasn't deserved. Serena just went psycho, no suprise there.
So when can one complain to the umpire then? Because according to you not even when they miss countless of calls ( '04 u.s. open) it still is no good. :lol:

#220 ·
So when can one complain to the umpire then? Because according to you not even when they miss countless of calls ( '04 u.s. open) it still is no good. :lol:
Hmm I don't remember saying it wasn't of for Servena to complain at the USO 04, I clearly said a couple times that 04 had nothing to do with 09 and 11.

#110 ·
Vika is the definion of classless.

In Serena's case I don't think the outbursts make someone classless, she just lost her temper.
What could be defined as a little classless was when she yelled at Baczinsky "wanna dropshot that" after hitting an ace(she was very nice at the net after though) and saying she was gonna get MJMS in the lockeroom :haha:

#115 ·
It's a competition with millions of dollars and fame at stake. THE baddest, meanest and most talented bitch wins it. Doesn't mean she is classless, girl has more class in her ragged unkept weave strands than y'all will ever have in your entire life.

Same goes for Martha.. She is a bad butch, Azarenka and all the other girls (except heng and jankovoc) that have been mentioned here.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using VerticalSports.Com App

#125 ·
ROFL his/her obsession is boundless :lol::lol::lol:

Foxy

#134 ·
Class has so many levels. Part of it is about playing fair. Part of it is giving your opponents credit at the end of the match. Part of it is treating the umpires, ball kids, and linespeople with respect. Part of it is giving it your best for the fans who paid their money to watch star athletes.

I've always been taught that at the end of a match or competition, you look your opponent in the eye and say, 'Good match'. You don't have to be kissing and hugging everyone, but a civil 'good match' is quite sufficient.

I don't really have an exact opinion on who is classy, but I know of a few instances that I consider 'unclassy'. Obviously 'the hand' was an unclassy moment, as was the 2006 Australian Open F when it seemed like Justine quit and got injured out of nowhere and robbed Mauresmo of her 'moment'. The Sharapova/Serena YEC F in 2004 - when Maria won the match against a clearly injured opponent and starts yelling and screaming and hugging her dad as if Serena was fit and the match was beyond tough at the end (which it wasn't).

I don't consider the 2004 US Open QF unclassy, at all. Serena was robbed of many points in the deciding set, and rightfully so. I do, however, think she doesn't give credit to her opponents enough, even when credit is due. Serena and her fans seem to think that Serena always plays at 10% when she loses, when there are some matches where she has just had to say 'too good' and that be that.

Sharapova gives credit to her opponents, as does Kim. So, I enjoy both of them for that. Venus is a God in the sport.

#141 ·

Compared to what happened to Serena, what happened here is nothing, yet Miss Classless has to swear.
Disgusting language - completely classless for a professional :(

#142 ·
Young Serena was very classless in her pressers after losses. She never seemed to give her opponent credit, rather she spoke about her injuries and her horrible play on that day. To her credit, she is much more respectful and appreciative of her opponents' qualities now. Also, she has always been classy to her opponents during the match. Even when she lost the match on that infamous (and unfair) footfault call, she went across the net and warmly congratulated Kim on her victory.

#143 ·
Young Serena was very classless in her pressers after losses. She never seemed to give her opponent credit, rather she spoke about her injuries and her horrible play on that day. To her credit, she is much more respectful and appreciative of her opponents' qualities now. Also, she has always been classy to her opponents during the match. Even when she lost the match on that infamous (and unfair) footfault call, she went across the net and warmly congratulated Kim on her victory.

I see even when she showed her most classless behaviour, her fans are still finding something positive about it. Good for her I guess :lol:

#151 ·
Who is to say what is "classy"? On this board with so many hypersensitive posters I am sure every player could be deemed classless at some point. I think many of the ladies are simply honest. I love Maria. One of the many things I love is her honesty, even about herself at times. She can be a "bitch" sometimes and she is honest about it. I like that.

#166 ·
I haven't watched her play beyond this video but is Irina Khromacheva always like this? I think as an opponent this could drive you nuts if you let it - a 'come on' after even the simplest of errors..

#171 ·
serena is incredibly classy

she doesn't whore herself to sports players like maria does

anyway, can we mention retired players? i know it says on tours, but...

i vote margaret court and good old nutcase nav

if i have to pick on tour, then that freakshow...radwanska is it? the one who everyone hates cos she's a cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.