Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Married Names Thread

153K views 1K replies 10 participants last post by  Rollo 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to AndyT for originally creating this thread, and to Rollo and austinrunner for maintaining it after AndyT.
--

The basic format for entries on the main pages is:

Line 1: Player's first name, middle name(s) and maiden name (all in capitals)
Line 2: Player's country of birth (and adopted country, if applicable)
Line 3: Player's date of birth
Line 4: Date on which player died
Line 5: Name of player's husband(s), date on which they were married and any additional information, where known, on a divorce and the date on which the husband died, especially if he predeceased the player in question
--

Any additional biographical information is stored after the 26 sections (A to Z) containing the basic biographical information referred to above. Entries up to 11 January 2012 have been copied and pasted from the previous Married Names (Updated) thread.
-----

See less See more
#1,159 ·
#1,162 ·
ANDREE FREVILLE
France
Born
Married Varin, circa 1933
I was excited by this find Jimbo and can add a bit of info.

She was Mme R Varin, and the marriage is datable to between the 1933 and 1934 French Chmps, as she played Roland Garros as Mlle Freville in 1933 and Mme Varin in 1934.

#1,166 ·
Updated to here, excluding information on some early Argentine players.
--

Additional information/clarifications needed on the following players:

Marion Craig-Smith
--

Alice Marble
--

N. Polley (India)
--

+

Irina Ermolova
--

Gerda Hein Muller
--

Olga Marie Palafox
--

Inge Pohmann

Inge Schumann
-----

#1,168 · (Edited by Moderator)
#1,172 ·
#1,176 ·
Thanks Jimbo. I was unable to come up with an exact date of marriage. I think we can safely date it to 1947 however, as she stopped playing tennis after 1946 (until popping up briefly as a Mrs in 1952) and the article you cited mentioned she met her husband in 1947.

I was able to find places of birth and death.

KALLOS, OLGA

United States
Born 8 October 1910 in Hungary
Died 15 May 1995 in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Married Rudolph Ellissen (1910-1992), circa 1947

Active from 1931-1946, then briefly in 1952 as Mrs Ellissen.

Passenger ship records indicate she came to the US with her family in 1923. She was good enough to appear at Forest Hills in 1946, her last year of active tennis.

#1,179 ·
This, the 3rd edition of The Official Married Names Thread, has served it's purpose well. Like all good thibngs though it's very existence has led to the creation of a newer version in the Blast Enclopedia of Female Tennis Players.

In the future please direct all contributions to that thread at:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=497938

I wish to Andy T for being the originator of this concept. Austinrunner deserves a lot of credit for maintaining it and it's growth. Finally I wish to thank Newmark for stepping into the breach at AR's departure and continuing the growth.

My thanks to them and all of the researchers who have contributed what amount to over a thousand names that form the basis of the new thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blast Enclopedia of Female Tennis Players.

In the future please direct all contributions to that thread at:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=497938

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.