Tennis Forum banner

Asian Deams : To Be Or Tokyo Beijing Osaka

19K views 298 replies 19 participants last post by  leviathane 
#1 ·
2009 Marion's run will probably drive her to Bali, a fabulous island where she was finalist in 2006.

But I'm sure that Marion still dreams of far east. Tokyo-Beijing-Osaka : To Be Or .......To Bali.

#267 ·
:banana:

Marion playing everything in the middle at the end and allowing Kimiko to dictate the game...
What saved her life was her serve. Excellent quality today. I thought she was really tight physically and mentally all the way of the second set. You can feel it's the end of the season. I praise Marion's effort to stay focused and strong on each game though. I have a feeling she gives everything she has to finish the year on a high note. Bravo Baba! :hug:

#268 ·
I'm suprised at her low number of winners compared to Kimiko. Come on now, win this title!

#269 ·
It said on the scoreboard after that Kimiko ha 47 forced errors, so that must be where Marion get her points from.

#272 ·
Now we have to shout for Aravane! A better match then MJMS, though I think Marion will beat either of them, Aravane is kinda her bitch.

#278 ·
Iceland,I'm still trying to recover from Petrov's imagery of Marion 'making Aravane her bitch'.When we have two gorgeous Frenchwomen involved,the imagination can do some stuff with THAT:eek::eek::eek:.Regardless,it'd be awesome to see Marion end the year as Bali champion,and I think it could help her MORE than it did to end 2006 as Q.City champ.Incidentally,she had a gorgeous opponent,Puchkova,in THAT final,too...but I'd say that Aravane was a much better player than Olga,overall:p

#279 ·
The best final i can imagine :bounce:
The worst for FFT :lol:
Tomorrow i support Marion because i want to see her again in top 10 :worship: but Aravane :worship:
in january 2010 she has many point to defend and with Kim and Sharpie it's would be not easy to say in top 10.

#282 ·
She pulled a muscle in her knee when chasing down a ball, she landed heavily on it. Shes so upset. :sad:

#283 ·
Oh Marion :sad: I wonder if some of those arseholes in gm were even watching :rolleyes:

#285 ·
This is so disappointing, like the commentators said, such an oppurtunity for her.

#287 ·
If she didn't feel like she could play/win through the pain, there was no point in continuing, I guess.

#288 ·
sometimes I think she is too clinical in her thinking, she doens't have the instinct to fight on, she just sees the situation as; aravane is playing well to come back from 35 down and i just hurt my calf, i might as well retire because there's no way I'll win. Sort of like what's the point of playing if I can't be assured at least a little of a victory.

#291 ·
I agree with you.
She can't forget her little aches, it totally gets into her mind. She didn't even try to fight more, I think that's what is disappointing.
On the other hand she looked spent physically yesterday so there was no doubt that she was in pain.

The good point is now that she is 11th she'll be able to play as many International tournaments as she wants to :)
This has been a wonderful season, allez Babs.

#289 ·
She's fought back from a set down before. This match meant too much to just casually retire after losing the first set.

#294 ·
:sad: This is horrible. I hope that she's not seriously injured, because I'm sure that she wouldn't have retired in the final, with so much at stake, if she could have continued playing.

It's really heart breaking. :sad: I feel so bad for her to end her season like this, even though it was a good season overall.

#295 ·
Don't wanna jump to conclusions:Sometimes,Marion is like a Viking warrior princess,and other times she seems to just quit.A few months ago,I accused Ivanovic,one of my faves,of quitting vs. Venus at Wimbledon,exaggerating a basic leg cramp by calling it a 'serious muscle tear'.In THAT case,though,both Ana and her manager gave several conflicting statements afterwards...as if they couldn't get their stories/lies co-ordinated...PLUS Ana's attitude sucked as she essentially quit on the entire SEASON.In Marion's case,I can't decide right now with a clear head...so I'll just hope that she builds on this year's strong points.I still feel that she's capable of taking a Slam someday if things break well for her........and,yeah,I'm still looking for that Marion-Vera match if anyone knows anyone else who has it:p

#296 ·
I haven't found the Vera match, Bruce. She will finish the year at number 11, so she'll be able to defend her title in Mexico, I hope.

#297 ·
Please keep your eyes open,though:);if you hear anything...or run into anyone who's known for having matches...then remember that financial compensation is being offered:angel:.

Monterrey has a well-earned rep as a pricey town,but I'm on the spot now;I've GOT to go see Marion next year or I'll look like a lousy fan,right?:pI'm gonna post some pics in the thread if I'm lucky enough to catch Marion on the grounds.I think she'd be surprised to hear French there so she might turn around to find out who spoke to her...THEN I'll try to persuade her that I'm doing this for my Scottish gf,her biggest fan,Super M:lol:....That's my plan for right now:cool:.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.