Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol3 - Page 173 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #2581
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
She's the only player under 25 to win a slam and she actually did it twice. On top of that, she has already won YEC and 12 of her 14 titles are non-grass.

I have no illusions about her work ethic. She's not Lendl, whose mom was ranked No. 2 in Czechoslovakia and pushed his son hard to achieve sth with his relatively limited talents.

I take her as she is, but I do agree that if she worked harder she could achieve more with her great talent and I wouldn't complain.

The ball is on her side of the court.
Good overall post.

It's funny, that Petra Czech newspaper quote you gave us a few days ago regarding her confidence: I wanted to comment on it, but I didn't want to be negative before the YEC started, so I kept it to myself. However, it made me think: When Serena, Sharapova, and maybe even Vika are not playing well; you get the sense THEY STILL FEEL THEY BELONG AND WILL EVENTUALLY PLAY BETTER. However, when Petra's not playing well (based off those and prior comments), you really get the feeling SHE GETS LOST IN HER OWN "SUCKINESS", and really doesn't believe she belongs-despite her great talent-till she starts to eventually play well again.

Come again Petra!? She sounded like a player with max top 30 talent (or top 10 place holder/seat warmer, such as Kerber, Errani or Wozniaki, etc.), who lucked out on a major, and a few tournament wins the way she sounded in that quote/interview. SMH

Poor Petra. It's a nice story, quote. Very Horagio Alger-like (rags to riches; from humble beginnings, etc.). However, it's getting old, already is old. And really shows/once again demonstrates, Petra's UN-willingness to confront the challenge of being a truly great player. IMHO That's what I hear.

As you said (moving forward); the balls in Petra's court!! She to, has now had her/the often delayed "2nd Major" Title and revival, so many other very talented, great players had to go through??? We'll see?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #2582
country flag on patrol

on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice on patrol is just really nice
Re: Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol3

I wonder what the IMG guy thinks about her working ethics. But he's probably there just to sell the product if she, God forbid, wins and doesn't really interact, let alone gives advices... Team around Petra and Petra with her crapitude form such a bunch of dilettantes it's unbelievable. She doesn't play challengers for Christ's sake.

Can going 0-3, getting humiliated (would she even feel that way?) and exposed for what a joke contender she dares to be, help her long term? She won't let it go that far and will get a win eventually. And that's probably the worst thing, when it gets tough/unbearable, she always somehow makes it. What a waste of year if she loses to Sharapova. Go and beat the pseudo-Russian.
on patrol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote