Tennis Forum banner

Melanie Oudin

323K views 5K replies 136 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
I think it's about time that Mel got her own thread. She's playing her way through the Australian Open Qualifying rounds right now. She is into the final rounds with a 7-5 7-5 win yesterday over Catalina Castano.

#2 ·
Melanie has qualified for her first main draw!! She defeated Wienerova 6-1 6-2/

#5 ·
Melanie is in action today on court 7 Akgul Amanmuradova of Uzbekistan. Good luck Melanie!

#6 ·
:hug: Melanie lost her first round match 1-6 4-6.
It was a good tournament for Mel, even if she didn't win a first round. She a nice bit of ranking points and hopefully good experience for the '09 season.

#8 ·
Melanie is next in action at a 75k tournament in Midland, Michigan.

#11 ·
Mel pulled out of this tournament so she can play Fed Cup! I think Fed Cup will be a great experience for her. Good luck Mel!

#9 ·
rumor is that Fernandez nominated her for FC. Is this true?

#10 ·
Yes it is true! Melanie will be representing the USA. :D :worship:

#12 ·
Melanie lost her first Fed Cup match against Gisela Dulko. Score was 6-2 7-5.

#13 ·
USA! USA!! Melanie won her match today against Betina Jozami! The score was 2-6 6-1 6-2! This was a tremendous under pressure win, seeing as if she would have lost, then the USA would have lost the tie. Congrats Melanie and the Fed Cup team, who ended up winning the Fed Cup tie 3-2!!! :D

#14 ·
I saw her at the USO last year lose to Moore:)help:) She had a good forehand then(and still does), but she sliced her backhand a lot. Today, she showed she improved a lot hitting winners with her backhand and moving to drop shots well after a while. I am a new fan:p

#16 ·
mel :worship:

#17 ·
Melanie has entered the Qualifying for the Cellular South Cup in Memphis next week.

#18 · (Edited)
Correction: Melanie got a Main Draw wild card at the Cellular South Cup in Memphis. She is facing Fed Cup teammate Jill Craybas in the first round.

#21 ·
Ooops!! Thanks for spotting that. For some reason I always get these two confused.

Yeah, it kind of bums me out she has to play Jill, since they both had such a good experience together with Fed Cup. I hope Mel beats her though. :)

#22 ·
GL Mel!

#23 ·
Mel overcame Jill 6-3 4-6 6-4 in the first round of Memphis. :bounce:

#24 ·
Melanie:woohoo:

#25 ·
Melanie is currently playing against (5)Erakovic in the second round, and Mel just took the first set 6-4:woohoo:
Go Mel!!!!!

#26 ·
Mel lost in 3 :eek:

#27 ·
:eek:
Tough loss. I was looking on the stats and her percentages of points won on serves in the second set were atrocious. Third set was close though. She had some chances to break but just couldn't convert.

I am not 100% sure, but I would think that Mel would get a main draw wild card into Miami or Indian Wells. I believe she got a wild card into Miami last year.

#29 ·
Exactly. Progress is the key thing here. The more progress she makes, the more tournaments she can enter directly. With her 1R win here, she is projected to be in the top 150 for the first time next week. She has been doing much better recently than other junior stars her age, so I'm encouraged.

I checked, and you're right. Last year she got a WC at Indian Wells and Miami. She won her 1R match at Indian Wells, but lost the 1R at Miami. It would predict that she would take a WC at Indian Wells, since she has points to defend there, and play qualifying at Miami. Save the WC for USopen

#31 ·
Oh no! :sad: I didn't know she was even playing those two. Hopefully she is ok and didn't get injured in her last match. Maybe she decided to take a break and train before IW and Miami?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.