Tennis Forum banner

What tennis racquet do you use?

181K views 610 replies 254 participants last post by  highender 
#1 ·
i used babolat aero storm and i love it:D

#384 ·
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

My Biomimetic 300 plus finally arrived. I have only placed twice so far with it and the first change which I have noticed has been how my serve lands more accurately in the box.

#388 ·

I have been playing with Yonex for years but I have seen a new Wilson racket I'm keen on and thinking maybe its time for a change. I always play with Mids and am currently using the V Core 89 but thinking of changing to this to give me a touch more power and be slightly more forgiving:

Wilson Blade 93

#389 ·

I have been playing with Yonex for years but I have seen a new Wilson racket I'm keen on and thinking maybe its time for a change. I always play with Mids and am currently using the V Core 89 but thinking of changing to this to give me a touch more power and be slightly more forgiving:

Wilson Blade 93

that looks SHARP.

I was considering the Blade 104. But I think I like the BLX Six One 100 for now.

#393 ·

I have been playing with Biomimetic 300 Plus for two weeks now and it has worked quite well for me. I have an aggressive all court game, and this racket gave me so much control over my shot placement. It hurt my arm a little in the beginning but now I have got used to it and it is quite easy on the arm.

#397 · (Edited)

The best racquets for playability and for being arm-friendly tend to share the same characteristics, such as being heavier with a head light balance and are very flexible. After a lot of research I have found
(Dunlop Biometric 100)which has a 59 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.8 oz and has a -7HL balance
(Prince EX03 Tour)which has a 54 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.4 oz and has a -6HL balance
(Babolat Pure Storm) which has a 58 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.9 oz and has a -10HL balance
a few other great choices would be:
HEAD-Youtek-IG-Prestige-MP which has a 63 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.9 oz and has a -6HL balance
Wilson Prostaff Six One BLX which has a 63 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.6 oz and has a -7HL balance

#399 ·

Since the Yonex Vcore Xi 100 has just been released, it would be hard to comment on its performance. According to their specs, both of them are quite similar except for a few minor details (Xi is a bit stiffer and has a synthetic grip). But it all depends on you actually, if you are a risk-taker go with it, but if you prefer to be conservative go with Yonex Vcore 100S.

#400 ·

Since the Yonex Vcore Xi 100 has just been released, it would be hard to comment on its performance. According to their specs, both of them are quite similar except for a few minor details (Xi is a bit stiffer and has a synthetic grip). But it all depends on you actually, if you are a risk-taker go with it, but if you prefer to be conservative go with Yonex Vcore 100S.
I already got some 100ss :)

#405 ·

I am a senior member & the racket I used was a Wilson T2000 steel tennis racket which I think is the "greatest" designed & made tennis racket of all time. The racket is quite heavy & has a small head but I found I could play both a "touch" & "power" game with this racket. From memory they were not that popular when they first appeared but jimmy Conners had great success with this particular racket. The only problem with this tennis racket is if you miss hit the ball on the steel frame the vibrations would hurt your arm but on the other hand when you did hit the tennis ball in the center of the racket you generated a lot of power. Cheers ! :)

#408 ·

Just got this racket

Your have a "great" looking new tennis racket there & what was your criteria for choosing this particular racket ? Personally speaking I think the rackets "grip" is the most important part of any racket to consider when buying a new one because if the rackets grip or handle doesn't feel comfortable when playing than you're made a mistake in buying it. Also can you tell me if your new racket is light or heavy in weight ? Regards Peter ! :)

#418 ·

Yonex seem ,,cute" :lol: My fave is still the Wilson BLX Blade team Serena used.I want it so badly :sobbing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.