Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

338K views 5K replies 115 participants last post by  Pova 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#478 ·
The caption on the picture from her friend Gabby Reece suggests she will be back on her 'mission' soon but maybe not for RG, maybe she's refering to Wimbledon?. I still think she should have had surgery when she embarrassed herself in IW because if she had she would probably be back playing by now :(

#493 ·
I agree. If she starts practice now, that's around 5 weeks before Wimbledon and that's substantial so it may be okay for her to play in Wimbly.
Of course, this is assuming she starts now and, from the looks of it, she is!

#480 ·
Christopher Clarey ‏@christophclarey 49m
Arrive in Paris & see #Azarenka not playing #FrenchOpen. Misread signals but coach Sam Sumyk tells me she's training well & "pain free"

Everyone is reading into she hasn't started practicing, but really we pretty much knew this. It was said the other day as far as we know she hasn't hit a ball since Indian Wells, but she's been tweeting gym work a lot.

I would guess she is heading to Europe to practice. She wanted to release this now, because otherwise everyone would have auto assumed in Europe = playing Roland Garros, and she doesn't want to mislead people. I would guess though Wimbledon is still in her plans, otherwise why do you head to Europe for the US summer hard court season.

#482 ·
I think she might try Wimbledon, since it´s kind of symbolic for a new beginning, when this whole mess started there last year. But I think the US Open hardcourt series is a more realistic entry point.

#484 ·
Hi there. I have always liked and supported Vika but this is the first time I've been here. As a Maria fan, I know how it feels to see your fav constantly withdrawing from tournaments to tournaments. So I hope Vika heals her foot injury fully and as soon as possible because the tour needs her so bad, and I'm starting to miss her too :sad:

Please tennis god let Vika heal fast and be able to come back at Wimbledon because I will go to Wimbledon this year :tears:

#489 ·
Fuckery and more fuckery.

#492 ·
pain free. that's the most important.

i'd be more surprised if she DID play roland garros.

i think it's for the best.

i'm not sure grass season is the best moment to come back from injury. that surface is very hard on the joints.

i'd like her to come back at stanford or san diego. hardcourt is her natural habitat and that would allow her to get confident in hr tennis again.

#494 ·
I'm going to take it as a victory that it only took 7 pages before the idiotic trolls who don't pay attention to this sport or its players to attack Vika.

God, I hope she comes back healthy and ready to snatch the weaves off all their favorites. Reign of Terror Redux.

#498 ·
Hm, that can mean a lot of things...I wonder why exactly Switzerland of all places?

#505 ·
I kind of hate my fuckery-free life.*

*in terms of following tennis, that is.

#508 ·
I don't see the need for a warm up tournament really, considering her first two opponents at wimbledon would be outside the top 32 and probably terrible on grass anyway. Probably better to practice on the wimbledon practice courts with wimbledon tennis balls.

She's never played pre-wimbledon tournaments before either, I'd love her to play Birmingham of course but I doubt it will happen.

#509 ·
YES YES YES :hearts:

victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
Dear tennis ball I missed u so much! Sorry for hitting u and ur friends so many times today! Tough love

Reactions: iGOAT
#513 ·
THANK YOU VIKA :worship:. So this hopefully means she is indeed better and not just rushing. See you soon I hope :sobbing:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.