Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

338K views 5K replies 115 participants last post by  Pova 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#9 ·
Random question for the fanbase ;) What's Azarenka's longest match on tour? I can't remember her playing a three hour match even once :scratch:

#16 ·
:p

victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
Funny how @SamSumyk tells me "Vika dont be late" i come on time and no one is here #lessonlearned

Sam Sumyk ‏@SamSumyk
@vika7 No need to flatter yourself.being ontime once will never makeup for the other thousands.Be ontime consistently then u can tweet

#18 ·
It was at a nice time here in Central Europe but oh boy, I remember running around in front of the TV like crazy while uttering some extremely foul language. Thankfully I was home alone during the match :lol:

#19 ·
I watched that match from Kerber's matchpoint. I sat there and thought, seriously Vika, and then she saved it, and then won, and then i couldn't contain my joy at her winnning a match that hard. Little did i know such matches (but without such quality) would become the normal at the moment...

#21 ·
Unforgettable match. :worship: Just realized that this was before my time on TF. Would've loved to see TF's reaction to this. :oh:

#22 ·
I was livescoring that hotmess in my algebra lecture which was a night class. I had no shame. I was up front, in full sight of the instructor refreshing the livescore thread trying to not scream at more phone. Or throw it. :hysteric:

Oh DEAD at those tweets. :sobbing:

#24 ·
It's funny how much one match, or even set since it was the third especially, changes everything. It went from her looking like the title favorite to huge question marks about her form and motivation so quickly. Who knows what to expect in Doha :help:.

#25 ·
#27 ·
Definitely. That was her best tournament the last two years and to withdraw either means injury or no motivation imho. Let´s be honest seeing her walk the dog with her new fitness coach and all these non-training photos wasn´t exactly encouraging. One can only hope there were hard workouts between every one of these sponsor, party and redfoo photos and that she is withdrawing for extra fitness/training preparation for the rest of the year. I am lacking faith in that explanation. :sad:

#31 ·
Loss of motivation as a theory doesn't add up. If you lose motivation you tend to keep playing and just going through the motion as the money rolls in. Especially from an event you are the 2 times defending champion. Withdrawing has to have a reason or a purpose.

I hope it's not injury, but I fear it is.

What someone is tweeting means next to nothing tbh. If you just went on twitter. No-one is training. They are just out jollying it up the whole time. How many pictures do you see of anyone training really?

#45 ·
To be fair it really started after the US Open. She just was playing kind of poorly over the summer but she was perfectly motivated.

I suppose it's possible that loss just affected her so much she's still recovering. But an injury is also very plausible.

#29 ·
It really seems that something happened at Wimbledon, but what makes no sense is that she would've rushed back and played Carlsbad. If she'd only played the US Open and then everything since then had been the same it would make sense, but she seemed fine over the summer besides being a bit out of shape, so it doesn't fit that she was playing through an injury that whole time. Especially considering Vika has always been very cautious about playing through injuries, which is why she withdrew from Wimby in the first place!

That said, I really don't know what else it could be. I don't care how little motivation she has, she wouldn't just skip Doha as two time defending champion because she doesn't feel motivated. She'd just go bomb out early. So there must be an injury involved, we just have to pray it's nothing serious.

#32 ·
Well then we can prepare ourselves for the Dinara Safina back injury exit. That´s how her end started. Injury starting late in the summer, played through the US hardcourt season, bombed out in New York (Vika avoided that), unexpected losses during the Asian Tour, physical breakdown at the YEC, one Aussie prep and Aussie Open retirement loss 4th round, then out till Stuttgart. It´s pretty similar. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.