Status
Not open for further replies.

Beijing F: Azarenka def. Sharapova 6-3, 6-1

65K views 808 replies 183 participants last post by  RVD 
#1 ·
Thank you Vika :hearts:

I love it :inlove:

#255 ·
totally love it when she hits so deep:inlove: especially those forehand DTLs are:drool: Congratulations Vika:cheer::cheer:

Maria should know not to trash talk so much in the clay court season next year or may be will made not to:angel:

#274 ·
I think Maria believes the only chance she has to beat Vika is to play like she did in the first set of the USO semis and go for broke hoping her balls stay in. Maybe it is, but she's going to suffer many, many more defeats similar to today's before she beats Vika again on a hard court.

#288 ·
Much deserved title ! It was about time to break the losing finals streak ! Vika was too strong for Maria but Maria was a bit disappointing to say the least being an error machine but hey don't think Maria relishes to meet Vika at all except maybe on clay.

#289 · (Edited)
:bowdown: Really happy for Victoria 4th. Mandatory title and great champion. :yeah:

As for Maria no need to feel sad or etc. Victoria is simply just an extremely bad match up for her on this surface. Even in 2009, Maria was never supposed to win that match where Victoria was 5-2 up so this is sweet revenge for The Viziress. The two matches Maria won back then in Cincinnati and Beijing were in very tight three setters so everything tends to say that Maria isn't really a match for Victoria on this particular surface.

Though I think Maria will get some wins here and there (on clay for most and again, it's only a matter of time before Vika gets her sh-t on clay) but she'll be very certainly to Victoria what players like Söderling are to Federer and the H2h will illustrate that very fast considering the amount of HCs events there are out there. Maria's game too one-sided in power, power, power and she doesn't have the movement thus abilities to tweak her game and touch players who can counter that sector of her game.

Victoria also has stated many times and again that she's the only (or going to be the only) relevant player of her generation -- the others just aren't that good while she has the complete package of consistency, amazing talent, well balanced game, hard-work, devotion, will etc. [...] very certainly the best player to have taken over the WTA since Justine and all, an amazing champion. :worship: I had seen 5 majors for her in 2009 but she might just reach 8-10 with the consistency/regularity that she has ( 2-3 more AO, 2-3 US Open,1-2 Wimbledon and 1 RG). :worship:

#291 ·
Jeezzz why does it matter if Vika and Serena are friends?

And what is wrong with athletes/rivals being friends? Why do we need to question whether it's genuine.

Vika, Caro and Serena have all gotten along well for some time now.

Maria don't want to be their friend and that's her choice too... But why act as if it's wrong or fake for others who decides to be friends?

Foxy

#312 ·
Congratulations Vika!

Reactions: oliviasmith
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.