Tennis Forum banner

***** Marlène Weingartner planet !!!!! *****

11K views 149 replies 35 participants last post by  DaMatz 
#1 ·
I didn' t see a cheering thread for Marlène Weingartner, I really like this tennis player.

Go and good luck for all the season to Marlène Weingartner :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

#133 ·
JackFrost said:
Why so rude? :confused:
I had some personal meetings with Marlene (for photo jobs), while still active, and experienced her to be not only unfriendly, but even silly and dumb. I finally refused to accept any new photo orders.
No idea, how she managed to finish high school; I experienced, she knows absolutely nothing.
PS.: Her father is even more unfriendly. I had several encounters, and I could write a book about this silly family.

#136 ·
DiNaPic said:
I had some personal meetings with Marlene (for photo jobs), while still active, and experienced her to be not only unfriendly, but even silly and dumb. I finally refused to accept any new photo orders.
No idea, how she managed to finish high school; I experienced, she knows absolutely nothing.
PS.: Her father is even more unfriendly. I had several encounters, and I could write a book about this silly family.
(Ich antworte jetzt mal auf deutsch, wenn´s recht ist)

Enttäuscht mich jetzt etwas. Ich glaube dir selbstverständlich (was hättest du davon, hier sowas zu erzählen). Hatte bei Marlene eigentlich immer gedacht, dass sie nur etwas schüchtern ist. Wenngleich ihre Selbstreflektion schon manchmal arg seltsam war.
Wodurch hat sich ihre Dummheit denn geäußert? Ich meine, zum Fotoshooting braucht sie doch einfach nur zu posieren. Hast du ihr Matheaufgaben gestellt oder hat sie den Scheck mit drei Kreuzen unterschrieben? :lol:

#137 ·
I guess it is more usefull to write in English on htis inetrnational board, although a German thread and theme:

I regret having started to comment this thread, as I generally do not want to mention negative things about people, especially not about players, but I feel I must explain my comments now.

It all started in Linz/Austria, many years ago, when Marlene played vs. one of my favorites, I think it was Catalina Cristea. The match was played in the practice hall, hence Marlene’s parents and a handful of Cristea fans were watching.

Marlene’s mother was clapping for Catalina’s errors, which we felt is not the finest way of supporting your daughter. As she did not react on our comments, my friends (I was taking pictures, did not cheer) started to clap for one, repeat: ONE of Marlene’s faults.

She was claiming from court: “where are we here? Are you Germans? And you support this Romanian?” (I understand she must have considered herself as a German).

When I happened to run into her father the following day, he commented like “that was not fine, what your friends did yesterday”. I said: “I did not do anything.” And he replied: “I know, but your friends did.”

Since then, none of the family ever said hello to me, when encountering.

Some months later, in Luxemburg, Marlene was trying a new coach: Emil Negoita, who just had split with Ruxandra Dragomir. I asked him, if I could take a portrait photo for my files. He was happy about it, but Mr. Weingaertner said:”As long as Emil works for me, you will not have any session with him.”

From a friend, I heard that Mr. Weingaertner had talked to Luxemburg’s tournament director, trying to convince him to cancel my accreditation.

At a Bundesliga club match in Schweinfurt, Cristina Torrens (for Schweinfurt) playing Marlene (for Berlin), I was sitting on the ground, in front of the first row, taking pics of cheering Spaniards in the audience. Some guy sitting in the first row, was holding his foot in front of my camera. I wanted to ask him to lean back, so I could see the Spaniards better, but realized it was Mr. Weingaertner. I gave up, as I knew I had no chance to get his co-operation.

Regarding Marlene’s intelligence, I cannot prove by a particular quote. I happened to hear some conversation, when she was discussing with one of her several coaches, (not about tennis, but some general things), and she just did not understand what he was trying to explain to her.

I saw a feature on T.V. about a painting exhibition in a bank in Luxemburg. You certainly cannot discuss about art, every one has a different taste, but Marlene’s paintings just reminded me on a report in “stern” magazine some years ago, when they tried to play tricks with some art experts, when they asked them for comments on some paintings, not telling g them that they were made by monkeys.

This is a very personal comment and my very personal opinion. Who ever had better experiences with Marlene, might tell you she is a nice and pretty girl.

#138 ·
it's all okay. you made bad experiences and you're allowed to tell us your personal view.
i also do know some stories. i won't tell here now (i just heard it from other players) but i can tell you, she really seems to be a mean person, especially on-court.

#139 ·
(All right...in english. Sorry about some grammatical errors :) )

Well, thanks for the explain. But I read out of it, that in the first line, her parents are the difficult people. Simular like Mr. Dokic oder Mr. Pierce?
I was 2000 at the tournament in Hamburg, but Marlene herself was actually very friendly with the others players (she played double with Martina Müller vs. Barna/Henke). (OK...her parents wasn´t near...so maybe her behave is different then, don´t know). That´s why I was so surprised know.
But you´re right. Maybe we shouldn´t discuss it here.
Marlene is not here to defend herself. ;)

#150 ·
Hat ja leider auch viel zu früh aufgehört. Ich fänds cool, wenn sie es nochmal probieren würde. Ist ja noch ne ganze Ecke jünger als Kimiko.

Für sie wäre auch mehr drin gewesen als Top40, spielerisch hatte sie einiges drauf (hat man ja damals bsp. im Spiel gegen Capriati - Australian Open 2003 - gesehen). Einen Titel konnte sie ja leider nur im Doppel holen. Bin gespannt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.