Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

328K views 5K replies 133 participants last post by  Pova 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#1,062 ·
Vika making all the journalists and commentators eat their hatred with this win. :drool:

If Serena doesn't play before Miami, and Vika is healthy there's no reason why she can't defend those points, if not gain any. At the same time her 2012 streak drained her come Miami and the clay court season so I hope she doesn't over do it. While the French is the toughest slam for her, there's no reason she can't make the semis there.

#1,063 ·
Serena is down for Doha and Dubai. But seeing as she went down in Melbourne with 2 injuries, and is currently walking around with some sort of visible strapping on her ankle, I would be surprised if she actually does. If she doesn't, she definitely won't play before Miami, but we will see. Tbh Vika should just concentrate on getting to her best level. Serena will probably get to number 1 before Wimbledon regardless. Vika won the Australian Open, but I think everyone agrees she can play better. And that is a good thing looking forward :bounce:.

#1,066 ·
Serena doesn´t play anything in Asia east of Istanbul (no Doha, Dubai, Tokyo, Beijing or exhibitions). :lol: I doubt she would have played Doha or Dubai, even if she wasn´t legitimately injured.

#1,065 ·
Glad to see Vika has career earnings of $350 Million according to the ever reliable wikipedia:oh::drool::lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTA_Tour_records

No. Active Prize Money
1 United States Serena Williams $42,242,272
2 United States Venus Williams $28,599,243
3 Russia Maria Sharapova $23,654,080
4 Belarus Victoria Azarenka $350,674,293
5 Russia Svetlana Kuznetsova $16,805,053
6 Denmark Caroline Wozniacki $14,313,350
7 Serbia Jelena Janković $13,395,247
8 Russia Vera Zvonareva $13,225,072
9 Australia Samantha Stosur $11,887,954
10 Russia Nadia Petrova $11,661,359
11 Poland Agnieszka Radwańska $11,459,906
12 China Li Na $10,682,583
13 Russia Dinara Safina $10,585,640
14 Serbia Ana Ivanović $9,847,838
15 United States Lisa Raymond $9,582,911

#1,074 ·
There is some interesting information: http://www.tennishorts.com/2013/01/26/azarenka-defends-li-gets-the-love-red-foo-looks-the-fool/

Besides for the constant presence of her agent, former player Meilen Tu, Azarenka now has Nadal media man, Benito Perez-Barbadillo, helping out. And he certainly had the commonsense to have her spend some time on Friday offering some mea culpa explanations for her actions — legal or not — while playing Stephens on Thursday.
Otherwise I think Sam Sumyk and Meilen Tu form an excellent team for Vika, and they are married too.

#1,079 ·
There is some interesting information:

Besides for the constant presence of her agent, former player Meilen Tu, Azarenka now has Nadal media man, Benito Perez-Barbadillo, helping out. And he certainly had the commonsense to have her spend some time on Friday offering some mea culpa explanations for her actions — legal or not — while playing Stephens on Thursday.

Otherwise I think Sam Sumyk and Meilen Tu form an excellent team for Vika, and they are married too.
How often is Benito actually going to be around? I'd imagine with Nadal's return imminent he's not gonna be travelling much of the WTA tour. Tbf I am surprised Benito didn't have Nadal tweet her after her Australian Open win, it would be pretty easy publicity. Maybe he can't trust Nadal to spell her name correctly :lol:.

#1,088 ·
nastya is right. I can add that situation is a few difficult. From one side a lot of people who know sport love her, support her. Other people just know about her and proud. I watched a few time ago programme where journalist ask to usual people about our sport stars. All of people remind Vika.
From other side here a lot of bad conversations abour her fake injuries,patriotic things. And one thing I hate that our journalists are suck. They write negative articles.I was so angry because they wrote that Vika could not win any Grand Slam. It was 2 years ago when Vika was a top player and had good results. And also they wrote about her money. It is lovely topic. Vika don`t want give any interview of them. I understand her.

#1,093 ·
Nice words from Iveta. :)

iveta benesova ‏@IvetaBenesova
Congratulations to you @vika7 ! Especially the way you handled huge amount of criticism from all sides after that unfortunate MTO! Brave!

victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
@IvetaBenesova thanks Iveta xx

#1,095 ·
Hey vikalanders:wavey: i am late to the party. had an extremely busy week with my sister being sick :[ but i did make sure to catch the final and lived each moment with our girl, all her struggles, crowd bullying her and finally letting it all go. i was so like sumyk after that final point. so cheers to all fellow lovely vikafans here and let's wish our girl continues to keep the haters fucking pressed as she already has been:);):bounce:

#1,105 ·
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3059018/title/australian-open-by-the-numbers

Some numbers from Australian Open 2013:

21 - Azarenka's win streak on Australian soil now stands at 21 matches - her last defeat came to Na Li in the fourth round at Melbourne Park in 2011.

5 - Azarenka becomes the fifth active player to have won multiple Grand Slam singles titles; the others are Kuznetsova (two), Sharapova (four) and Serena (15) and Venus Williams (seven).

0 - Prior to her quarterfinal with Sloane Stephens, Serena Williams had never lost to an American player younger than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.