Wishing for a successful Wimbledon 2014. Wish granted, we have a slam semi-finalist! - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 04:49 PM   #241
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wishing for a successful Wimbledon 2014. Wish granted, we have a slam semi-finali

Lost the first set of doubles 6-1 they aren't there mentally...it's understandable given the day but I was hopeful that Lucie could regroup a little better.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 06:13 PM   #242
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wishing for a successful Wimbledon 2014. Wish granted, we have a slam semi-finali

6-1 4-6 6-3 loss so atrocious on return from both of them. Really so disappointing to finish like this with 2 losses. Its been a great tournament but thats a match they could and should have won. They had 30-30 so many times and Pavs just made sooo many return errors

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 07:52 PM   #243
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Final score: 67(6) 16. Still OUTSTANDING tournament for her, but in singles and and doubles Back to career high of #17! Now hope she keeps the momentum going through the hardcourt season
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 10:33 PM   #244
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie

Another loss to Kvitova. Head To Head now 0-6. Her 5th loss this year to Kvitova. So frustrating. I can`t take another loss to Kvitova. I don`t think I will watch a Lucie vs Kvitova match this year again. We all know the outcome. Petra plays her best against her Czech compatriots. She seems very motivated in these matches. Strong 1st set, but Lucie couldn`t win the important points. Then collapse. Still it was very nice to see a much improved Lucie. And of course this was an amazing tournament for her. A Grand Slam SF is fantastic. I hope Lucie keeps this excellent form up in the next months. Then she should get a new Career-High ranking

Have to say still pissed that she lost again to Kvitova (and again lost a tight set)

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #245
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Shame her tournament ended with two losses. But after seven years of grand slam disappointment, it is great that she posted the results she did on grass. Good on Lucie for a terrific Wimbledon. I hope she can carry off this strong result with a great summer hard court season. Remember almost a year ago to this day she lost 60 61 to Valeria Solovyeva... What a turnaround. She only has 103 points to defend until the fall, so she should definitely climb in the rankings if she plays this kind of tennis.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 08:07 AM   #246
country flag Davodus

I've enjoyed reading what Lucie has had to say after this result...she seems really proud of herself, but also hungry for more. She's not content, like oh I made a SF I've made it I'm successful...she wants to have more/better results, so that's a great attitude to have. Anyway, so proud of her, last year when she went through that awful slump and dropped to 48 in the rankings I never expected this. I hope she can sneak into the top 15 before all her points from last years end start coming off, that'd be great for a career high.

Also, the number of likes on her FB have gone up so much in the last week I really enjoy that she's got into social media...having a FB/Instagram/Twitter...we actually get to see what she's doing!

She's still on the Bad Gastein entry list but she's been talking about going home for a rest so I think it's safe to assume she will be pulling out. I think that's for the best, she doesn't want to overplay.

Lastly, http://wiki.idnes.cz/lucie-safarova-...px?klic=459057 on this page you can see all the latest stories on Lucie in Czech media, so there are some news stories, interviews, and interviews with her coaches there if anyone wants to see.

Old Jul 4th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #247
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinboro View Post
I take it from your flag that you are from the Czech Republic. What's the media buzz like there? I swear Wimbledon hasn't even been mentioned on any news programs in the states which goes to show how far tennis has declined in popularity in this country. It's sad.
Sorry for late response.

The media buzz in CZ is very good throughout Wimbledon. Lucie, Petra, Barbora and others have regularly appeared in newspapers, even on front pages. We're a small country and tennis is a big sport here, No. 3 after soccer and ice-hockey.

I'm very sad to hear that the media attention to tennis has so much declined in the US. Nevertheless, you still have the US Open and several other big tournaments so it's not that bad. I guess US Open gets a better coverage than non-US slams?

Last point, a bit controversial (no pun intended): I feel US tennis needs a big, white star. As great as the Williams sisters have been I'm not sure if they're that popular and embraced by the public and if they are that good role models to follow considering their minority background in a white-dominated country. JMHO
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #248
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Lucie and her fans, on Safie making a Slam Semifinal.

She played very well. And if she had beaten Petra, I'm not so sure how Broussard would fare? Lucie was playing that well.

Let's hope she makes many more slam semi-finals, and eventually wins one!!

Good Luck to her fans, and of course Lucie the rest of the season.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #249
country flag Davodus

Petra's form in the final makes me feel much better about Lucie's loss to her 2 out of the 3 slams this year Lucie has lost to the eventual champion. Not too shabby

Old Jul 5th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #250
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Petra's form in the final makes me feel much better about Lucie's loss to her 2 out of the 3 slams this year Lucie has lost to the eventual champion. Not too shabby
I think Lucie might have beaten EB as well, of course with a more competitive scoreline, but still
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #251
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I think Lucie might have beaten EB as well, of course with a more competitive scoreline, but still
I agree I think she was playing better than Bouchard