Tennis Forum banner

<<<<Ipek Senoglu>>>>

118K views 2K replies 54 participants last post by  Dorien. 
#1 · (Edited)
BIOGRAPHY

DATE OF BIRTH : 8 JUNE 1979
RESIDENCE : ISTANBUL / TURKEY
BIRTH PLACE : ESKISEHIR / TURKEY
PLAYS : RIGHT
HEIGHT : 1.80 m
WEIGHT : 67 Kg

SINGLES

Winner (2) 2003- ITF/London-GBR, ITF/Westende-BEL

Finalist (8) 2006- ITF/Vale do Lobo-POR, ITF/Llerona-ESP ; 2004- ITF/Istanbul-TUR, ITF/Morelia-MEX; 2003- ITF/Almeria-ESP, ITF/Istanbul-TUR; 2002- ITF/Pune-IND; 2001- ITF/Chennai-IND;

DOUBLES

Winner (21) 2010- ITF/Athens-GRE (w/Diatchenko) ; 2008- ITF/Perigueux-FRA (w/Groenefeld) , ITF/Mont-de-Marsan-FRA (w/Silva) ; 2007- ITF/Antalya-Attaleia-TUR (w/Perkovic), ITF/Antalya-Ali Bey-TUR (w/Perkovic), ITF/Istanbul-TUR (w/Jugic-Salkic); 2006- ITF/Haifa-ISR (w/Velasco-Andreu), ITF/Antalya-Belek-TUR (w/Chakhnasvili), ITF/Batumi-GEO (w/Cetkovska), ITF/Istanbul-TUR (w/Jugic-Salkic) ; 2004- ITF/Beijing-CHN (w/Dekmeijere), ITF/Tongliao-CHN (w/Dekmeijere), ITF/Los Gatos-USA (w/Arvidsson); 2003- ITF/Tortosa-ESP (w/Piedade), ITF/Almeria-ESP (w/Silva), ITF/Orestiada-GRE (W/Bercek), ITF/Madrid-ESP (w/Balaci), ITF/Cardiff-GBR (w/Curran); 2001- ITF/Ankara-TUR (w/Yaryshka); 1996- ITF/Istanbul-TUR (w/Topalova); 1995- ITF/Antalya-TUR (w/Bartunkova)

Finalist (23) 2008- Estoril (w/Jugic-Salkic), ITF/Petange-LUX (w/Foretz); 2007- ITF/St.Paul-USA (with/Jugic-Salkic), ITF/Ramat Hasharon-ISR (w/Babakova), ITF/Boston, MA-USA (w/Dekmeijere); 2006- ITF/Vale do Lobo-POR (w/Balaci), ITF/Raanana-ISR (w/Velasco-Andreu), ITF/Antalya-Manavgat-TUR (w/Mezak), ITF/Mytilini-GRE (w/Koumantou) ; 2004- ITF/Poza Rica-MEX (w/Cravero) , ITF/Beijing 2-CHN (w/Dekmeijere), ITF/Jersey-GBR (w/Van Exel), ITF/Glasgow-GBR (w/Curran), ITF/Istanbul 4-TUR (w/Woerle), ITF/Raanana-ISR (w/Mouhtassine); 2003- ITF/Hvar-CRO (w/Uhlirova), ITF/Wrexham-GBR (w/Ozgen), ITF/Westende-BEL (w/Van Hyfte); 2002- ITF/Istanbul-TUR (w/Molnar), ITF/Bournemouth-GBR (w/Zachariadou), ITF/Pontevedra-ESP (w/Brianti); 2001- ITF/Kastoria-GRE (w/Pavlova); 2000- ITF/Ankara-TUR (w/Diankova);

Semi Finalist (6) 2009- Rome (w/Shvedova), Istanbul (w/Shvedova); 2008- Vina del Mar (w/Jans), Bali (w/Savchuk); 2007- Cincinnati (w/Dekmeijere), Kolkata (w/Shvedova);

Quarter Finalist (7) 2008- Prague (w/Jugic-Salkic), Istanbul (w/Jugic-Salkic), Budapest (w/Groenefeld), Beijing (w/Savchuk); 2005- Istanbul (w/Gagliardi); 2004- Montreal [Canadian Open] (w/Alves), Vancouver (w/Granville)

3RD Round (2) 2009 - Wimbledon (w/Kanepi); 2004- US Open (w/Granville)

2ND Round (2) 2009 - US Open (w/Shvedova); 2005 - Australian Open (w/Beygelzimer)

See less See more
#1,459 ·
Re: <<<< İpek ŞENOĞLU >>>>

:worship:

First of all I must admit that Yari showed great spirit in this match,even though I couldnt watch.

She had a very tough match today,which lasted more than 2 and half hours which really tired her both mentally and physically.

It would be easy to kind of give up/tank the doubles,especially after losing the first set,instead she and Ipek fought hard to comeback in this match,well done girls :yeah:

They have a tough match tomorrow,but whatever happens winning at least a round was important and they did that.

Good luck tomorrow.

#1,461 ·

Slava played indeed a great match :) Thanks to her for playing again a great match in doubles. And like Tobi said they won the first round, everything more would be great but i'm not excepting too much. ;)

#1,470 ·

It was on TV court but was busy to watch it from a livestream.

There were a long break after the 1st game of the final set,was there any injury timeout?

Overall,great start to the match but then they faded away as the match progressed it seems.

They had their chances but didnt really expect them to win,at least they won a round here.

So good luck at the next tournement for Ipek.

#1,471 ·

I saw the whole match. They played really an amazing first set :worship: Really agressive, less errors. In the second set it changed. They couldn't hold the high level of playing. Sugi and Daniela began to play better and better. After the 1st game of the final set there was indeed an injury time out for Slava. They kept fighting but sadly it wasn't good enough...

But great match and good tournament :hug:

#1,475 ·

Oh I didn't know it was so short term. :(

Anyway, she has 3 wins at GS this year and another good showing. :shrug: I remember Sarah Borwell saying 1 win at Wimby was like enough for the whole year so I guess Ipek shouldn't be in much trouble. :)

BTW, does Yari play good indoors? She could go to Asia, good memories from there (Bangalore) :p.

#1,476 ·

Oh I didn't know it was so short term. :(

Anyway, she has 3 wins at GS this year and another good showing. :shrug: I remember Sarah Borwell saying 1 win at Wimby was like enough for the whole year so I guess Ipek shouldn't be in much trouble. :)
Probably.

But tennis and sponsorship arent very popular in Turkey it seems as far as I aware :lol:

BTW, does Yari play good indoors? She could go to Asia, good memories from there (Bangalore) :p.
It is hard to tell from her results last year.Checking her schedule last year,she played Bali,Tokyo,Beijing,Tashkent,Moscow and 3 challengers.

Ipek played Bali,Guangzhou,Beijing,Ortisei ITF,Luxembourg,Istanbul ITF and Krakow ITF.

So I guess she will go to Asia again,maybe a week later with starting in Seoul.

So Guangzhou,Seoul,Tokyo,Beijing,Osaka (or week off),Moscow (or Luxembourg).

Doubt she will play any ITFs maybe apart from Istanbul.

#1,482 ·

it's abput Clijsters :) ;

One more grand slam is over.Many people say; 'look at women s tennis-its so bad,Clijsters came after her pregnancy and won the frist GS she played!! I say 'Look at WOMEN--strong mentally and phsically..how many man cud gain 30 pounds+sit on... his bump for 9 mnths+come back to tennis and take care of his daughter so beautifully as i saw in player lounge and win the frist GS he played?? R-E-S-P-E-C-T a bit please! :worship:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.