Tennis Forum banner

Jaqueline Adina Cristian

133K views 2K replies 48 participants last post by  Papasoni 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided to create a cheering thread for one of the most promising Romanian juniors, Jaqueline Adina Cristian.

She's only 14 and as of April, 29 she's no. 274 in the Junior Rankings.

Some might say this thread is premature, but I have a great feeling about this girl. I know it's gonna take some time and a lot of hard work, but I hope we'll see her in WTA and Grand Slam events in a couple of years.

Go Jachetico!

#432 ·
:lol:

I agree it was a weakass field :oh: But considering her current form I was just hoping for a deep run (like SFs would have already been good enough for me :lol:), so that's still a nice little surprise for me. :awww: Hopefully indeed she takes out of this week what she needs most imo atm: a nice confidence boost :cheer:

#433 ·
#434 ·
"Soo happy to be back��now..let's get this work work work!! #earlymorning #practice #warmup #IMGtennis #Florida #perfectweather #americandream #workhard #motivated #leggo — feeling motivated at IMG Academy."

Looks like she's up to some training block at Bolletieri's :cheer::cheer:

She reached a CHR of 808 last week thanks to be her 10K win points :)

#435 ·
Looks like she's also playing ITF's while in the US. A bit unlucky to end up in the 1st seed's section...

$25.000 Florence, SC (USA)
Singles Qualifying Draw

(1)Sandra Samir (EGY) v BYE
Elena Strahova (RUS) v Gabriela Talaba (ROU)
Ellen Perez (AUS) v Kimberley Koerner (GER)
(15)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) v Anna Ustinoff (KAZ)

Also another interview with Jaq, a bit more informative this time, we even learn where her name comes from :eek: :eek:
http://goo.gl/KecWDW

#436 ·
Jaq beat Anna 2 & 0 yesterday, but she just got destroyed by Ellen Perez in Q2, 1 & 3 :sobbing: :sad: :hug:

No idea who this Perez is, she's 20, currently outside of the Top 1000 but she reached a CHR of 585 a year ago...

I'm a bit lazy to Google Translate the whole itw, could you sum up very shortly the interesting stuff, or copy-paste the few interesting sentences for me? :awww:

#437 ·
Last part was the most intersting

Weirdest court you've played on?
In Egypt, 4 years ago at a juniors tournament. That was the weirdest court. Lines were drawn using pebbles and the playing surface itself was really bad. Ball never bounced the same way twice. Even though I won the tournament, I also broke my leg there.

Who supports you financially?
I have sponsors like Nike & Wilson (she's signed with IMG), but mostly my parents

Jaqueline is not a common name in Romania. Could you tell us where your parents got the inspiration for it?
It's a funny story. My uncle, RIP, was a gynecologist and my mother gave birth to me with his help. The night before, he had watched a documentary about [former] US first lady Jacqueline Kennedy. During the birth he would yell out "come on Jaqueline", although my poor mother had no idea whom he was referring to. When I was born, they decided to keep the name Jaqueline.

What are your goals in tennis?
Go as far as I can. My biggest goal is to get in the top 10 WTA, but until then there's a lot of work to be done a lot of steps to climb.

#440 · (Edited)
"Had another great practice today with Nick and i also had the honor to meet and play some good tennis with James Valentine(the big guitarist of Marron 5) #greatguy #IMGtennis #blessed #happyhalloween #workhard"

"Happy is the new rich!!����❤ #redhairdontcare" :lol:

#442 ·
"Let the game begin!#tournaments #tennislife #leggo #gothimbymyside #cantstopus — travelling to Caracas, Venezuela from Tampa International Airport."
Playing 10k's in Venezuela, really? :lol: So she's basically going after cheap points to inflate her ranking, like she did in juniors when she was touring South American tournaments. Good luck :cheer: although with that draw she doesn't need it :lol:

10,000$ Caracas (VEN)
Singles Main Draw

(6)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) v Shelby Talcott (USA)
(Q)Valeria Paulina Humpierres Novikow (VEN) v Marcela-Guimaraes Bueno (BRA)
(Q)Anhzelika Isaeva (RUS) v Maria Agustina de Carli (ARG)
(4)Ana Paula Neffa de los Rios (PAR) v (wc)Maria Gabriela Linares de Faria (VEN)

#443 ·
:lol:

Sometimes vulturing does wonder... Tamara Zidansek did a lot of vulturing in junior & pro tournaments in South America, but it looks like all these wins over no opposition have given her a lot of self belief and confidence, she's no slaying in European 25Ks :oh: That's not the way I prefer, but GL to Jaq! :cheer:

#448 ·
Is growing handsome that's for sure.

#450 ·
So the vulturing went horribly wrong :haha:

10,000$ Caracas F2 (VEN), R32

(wc)Maria Gabriela Linares de Faria (VEN) d. (5)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) 36 64 76(3)

.... although in her words, it was a great week :help:

Jaqueline Cristian
Great week in Venezuela!! 2nd place in dubs with this girl!‪#‎thankyoupartner‬ ‪#‎lookingforwardfornextweek‬

#451 ·
She seems she had fun though.