Tennis Forum banner

OFFICIAL retirements 2012

17K views 76 replies 39 participants last post by  asdas 
#1 · (Edited)
As with other years, this thread will keep track of the players that OFFICIALLY announce their retirement in 2012.

Your help in updating this thread would be greatly appreciated;)!

1. Asha Rolle (USA)

2. Sophie Ferguson (AUS)

3. Ryoko Fuda (JPN)

4. Meghann Shaughnessy (USA)

5. Selima Sfar (TUN)

6. Lilia Osterloh (USA)

7. Laura Granville (USA)

8. Mashona Washington (USA)

9. Karen Castiblanco (COL)

10. Kim Clijsters (BEL)

11. Gisela Dulko (ARG)

12. Aiko Nakamura (JPN)

13. Vivian Segnini (BRA)

See less See more
#36 ·
just found out about another retirement that was probably expected by a lot of us but never announced officially, so we didn't add her to the list last year:

Lilia Osterloh :sad:

i found an article about what she seems to be doing now:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/resed/cgi-bin/govco/east/drupal/node/163

"Join us at EAST House on Monday February 20th for an exciting presentation by Lilia Osterloh, former WTA tennis professional,..."

wish you all the best in your future life, lilia! you will be missed on the wta-tour!

Reactions: CrossCourt~Rally
#42 ·
i think we can officially add angela haynes to the list. she retired last year i think. she hasn't played in ages, started working in a hair salon as far as i remember and is pregnant now. and this is the last post in her thread:

Megan Moulton-Levy: "...Hanging in there you? ..."

Angie Haynes: "I am good. Living lifE. Not worried bout tennis"

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=84199&page=69

enjoy your life after tennis!

#44 ·
Mashona Washington announced on twitter that she retired :sad:

from her thread:

I think we all knew she was retired, but on twitter she explicitly says:

"Not this year! I'm retired!! Going into the medical field!!"

:sad: gl to you in the future, mashona. you'll be missed!

#49 ·
#52 ·
a short list so far compared to last year. not that i would be happy about more retirements, good for all the players if they keep playing, but i'm a little surprised not more players have retired this year so far....

#60 ·
It appears she was coming back just for the Olympics.. Such a shame that it didn't work out in the slightest for her and Gisela.

Have to say, this year has been really slim pickings for notable players retiring. Apart from Clijsters, virtually all of the retirees have been fairly obscure or lower level. It's quite nice really, because for the last year, this board had me convinced that half the bloody tour was going to call it quits after the Olympics. :lol:

#73 ·
Add Vivian Segnini (BRA) She retired in July this year was ranked near 300.
It is official.
Fernando Meligeni ‏@meligeni
Triste pelo anuncio da @viviansegnini q deixa as quadras. Desejo muita sorte nos novos objetivos. Menina de fibra e carater.Boa sorte Vivian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.