Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana Konjuh

489K views 5K replies 103 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
Born 27.12.1997
Ok guys I followed this girls developement for quite a few months now.
Last month she won the European Junior Championships, Pilzen for girls under 14.

Other success she had this year:
Winner of G16 Junior Croatia Open, Cakovec
Winner of G14 Mladost Grill Open, Zagreb
Winner of G16 Kvarner Open, Rijeka
Also reaching a G16 final in AvignonFR and a couple of SFs.

This year she has a win-loss record of 48-7 currently. With those 4 titles.
She seems to be highly talented, there´s a lot of potential, hope she´s not going to fade away and go her way.

http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113738/ana-konjuh-vodeca-u-europi
http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113113/ana-konjuh-europska-prvakinja

People might say it´s too early for a thread but after twinning the European Championchips I though she would deserve a own thread.

See less See more
#957 ·
No she isn't, Siniakova earned extra points too, Ana can't surpass her at the moment, but very soon Ana will be #3 when Bouchard will be erased from the junior list, and with good result at Australia Open she could be even #1.

#961 ·
Great win :woohoo: I didn't know the final is so early, which is good for my nerves :drool:
Easier win then expected, although given the comments I understand Siniakova played a miserable game.

Winning Eddie Herr & Orange Bowl back to back at 14 is quite impressive. Lauren Davis was 17 when she did it.
I wish a good rest for Ana and now I'm more concerned about her adaptation to the pro tour. Some junior GS title on the road wouldn't hurt either :D

By the way, what did she say in the interview?

#967 ·
She said that she is from beautiful(she didn't say beautiful, but I say) city Dubrovnik on croatian coast but last 4 years she lives in Zagreb, capital of Croatia. She practice ther with her coach Kristian Schneider. Reporter asked her : "Do you go home to rest now?" Ana said: "No, I go home to practice." (that was funny for me). She said that she will play 10k and that she will get 3 WC for 50k( I think 2x50k and 1 25k). She said that she has got big family and they will celebrate all together ( I think she has got 3 sisters). At the and reporter said: Sabatini, Chris Evert and now you...that was the best part for me.

#966 ·
This is so amazing! I really have big hopes in Ana to finally bring grand slam in Croatia (junior of course :lol:) after really great array of juniors we had that didn't bring it in last few years. Like Tomljanovic, Njiric, even Martic. And Donna who still can play juniors but is completely dedicated to seniors. ;)
Anyway, congratulations for this huge title! :hearts: :bounce:

#981 ·
Richard Ingham Evans‏@Ringham7

But Orange Bowl star was Ana Konjuh, only 15 on Dec27, won won Girls 18 title.Power plus court craft & variety.Heading for WTA tour after Oz
I wonder if this was just metaphorically speaking or Ana really doesn't intend to play any more junior slams after Melbourne:confused:

On a side note, that pic with a bowl of oranges made me chuckle, cause the area just north of Dubrovnik is widely known (at least in this part of Europe) for mandarines, which I regularly devour this time of year...:lick:

#970 ·
Njezin otac Mario će istaknuti kako je Ana dobila dodatnu snagu nakon što je njenoj sestri Antoniji bilo sve bolje i bolje.
- Čuo sam se s mnogima koji su gledali Anine nastupe u Americi i svi su istaknuli kako igra odlično, kako 'leti terenom'. Kao što joj nije bilo lako kada je igrala turnire u Dubrovniku, jer u to vrijeme je Antonija bila jako slaba, i možda je bolje bilo da tada nije ni igrala, danas, kad je Antonija bolje, kad se oporavlja, Ani je to dalo dodatnu snagu - istaknuo je Mario Konjuh

Ana's father said that her sister Antonia is beter and better what gave to Ana aditional strenght.

#974 ·
This is really nice results. But this is just junniors, if one day she makes final of a GS we can saya she is great. Somehow, I don't believe in croatian tennis somehow. We need Split's born great talents. However I like she has variety, i don't like Donna's tennis at all.

Her sister is tennis player, too. She was with Filip Krajinovic, big talent but got injuries.

#976 ·
Светльо;22569354 said:
What was wrong with here? :usnure: Was/Is she ill or something?
She's been in coma for several weeks, like 2 months ago.

Ana has 3 sisters and I think just one of them played tennis. Here she is:
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/player/profile.aspx?playerid=100098707
http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/players/player/profile.aspx?playerid=100098707
She was a top 100 junior it seems and played a few matches in pros too, but she didn't play any tennis tournament in the last 4 years. Well, until recently, when she and Ana paired to play doubles in one of the 10Ks in Dubrovnik (their hometown), for the sake of their ill sister. And they even won a match there :)

#986 ·
And she will be #3 after Bouchard gets deleted from the junior ranking because she will not have right to play juniors any more! Wow, we had really some in recent years but Ana definitely reaches the high rank out of all of them! :hearts: It would be amazing if she can became a world number 1 in juniors! :hearts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.