Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona Barthel

520K views 5K replies 150 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
die 18jährige schülerin, derzeit nummer 624 der welt, besiegte heute in der ersten runde der stutgart-quali KARIN KNAPP (wta 67 / 5) mit 61 36 64. respekt! :)

#2,994 ·
Wie war das? Auf Sand ist sie nicht so gut? Man stelle sich vor, sie sei eine Sandspielerin :) Großartiges Spiel gegen Bartoli, weiter so, auch wenn Azarenka natürlich noch eine ganz andere Nummer ist (ich unterstelle mal, Petko hat heute nur sehr wenig Chancen). Aber auch wenn sie wieder verlieren sollte, sie wird immer besser und immer cooler

#2,997 ·
Unglaubliche Vorführung! Ich hab mich schief gelacht. Schon bei den Aufschlägen gegen Ivanovic habe ich gedacht, mich laust der Affe. Heute ganz andere taktische Matchführung - das ist schon phänomenal. Am Besten gefällt mir aber, dass hier eine Tennisspielerin hochkommt, die eine ganz unnachahmliche Spielweise hat und sich bewegt wie einst Katze Mecir. Eine richtige Augenweide, ihr zuzusehen.

#3,010 ·
I saw her live for the first time today and she was absolutely amazing. I think being so calm really helps her. She just keeps on playing and she got that natural inner confidence in her game. She will just keep doing it, believing she will have a chance. Amazing serve espacially, not many woman serve as well as Barthel.

I think the German crowd doesn't know her too well yet. They were quite reserved, maybe also because Mona doesn't show many emotions?

#3,021 ·
serve is not consistent yet, not the first time that it happens to her, we saw that before when she was tired or too nervous, then her 1st serve percentage gets awful and she hits tons of DFs but well, she plays an amazing season, for now we can say that she has to learn from matches and that she has to work hard to improve and to get more consistent, as she says it herself :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.