Tennis Forum banner

Nicole Bradtke to Coach Sam

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  louloubelle 
#1 ·
"Sam will come back up here just before Christmas, so I'll be with her through Gold Coast, Sydney and the (Australian) Open," Bradtke said. "Just someone to watch her matches, be in her corner, give a bit of moral support that she probably hasn't had for the last few months. Mind you, she's done exceptionally well without it."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tenni...radtke-to-coach/2006/11/28/1164476207553.html

(I'm not sure that it's really a good idea for the Fed Cup coach to be the personal coach of a team member, but I do think that it's good for Sam to have a coach.)

#2 ·
Bradtke I reckon would be a great coach 4 sam at the moment. she would give great advice 2 sam on her game, what she needs 2 work on & display the amount of support she needs that is essential 2 her game.

But really Sam should get a full-time coach unless Bradtke decides 2 become full-time.

#3 ·
yeah a full time coch would b good but i think sam wont look for a full time coach and first c how it works then if its going good make a move to make it full time. i think this partnership could work due to nicole knowing her game, and knows sam quite well due to fed cup on an off court. thats wat i think sam needed someone she actually knows well. fingers crossed it works out well

#4 ·
More importantly she needs a full time coach, hope it works for her.

#10 ·
Yes Taylor is still the captain and because TA wouldn't employ him full-time, he's coaching on the tour. I remember years ago players ganging up on a Fed Cup captain and getting her the arse for doing that :eek: He's been great with the work he's done for Alicia, and 2006 was FINALLY a year w/o bitching from the Ausie girls over Fed Cup, pity we couldn't utlise him more.

Have no problem with Nicole coaching Sam, it would be her role to fill-in where needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.