Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

248K views 5K replies 100 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...:bigcry:

ummm, to dramatic :confused:

ok then :bounce:

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.

See less See more
#1,331 ·
AO 08 has got to be the most satisfying tourney for me. Everything about it - her overall game, her mentality, the way she dominated her opponents, the quality of opponents she trashed, the way she redeemed herself after the embarrassing final a year ago - is brilliant

Good Lord, please let AO 13 be a resurgence of Peak Pova

#1,339 ·
Yes , Masha vs Caro and Rena vs Vuvurenka

This post has been deleted
#1,349 ·
krying bcos i have 2 pick my uni courses by tomorrow night or something and i still don't know what to do. everyone is saying everything and i know they are just trying to get me to be realistic about my options and stuff, but it's just mindfucking me even more

omfg biggest headache ever, i can't even deal with this, hwo am i supposed to deal with life OMFG i mean this shit is so serious, i don't want to fuck up the rest of my life :sobbing:

kill me

#1,352 ·
god fucking damnit i hate where i live, honestly the only uni remotely close to me is usyd and uws and uts bUT THEY HAVE NOTHING I WANT and omfg jsut kill me already wah.
Firstly I think you need to chillax a bit, Call-Me-Dave style. :lol: Seriously calm down. You said in the previous post you don't know what to choose but if you at least know what you want to do (be it one thing or more), then it's a start. So what do you want? And can't you go somewhere else in Australia for university? Regardless of what you choose, it will not fuck up the rest of your life. Believe me IT WON'T. Go for something you'd enjoy studying and doing for 3/4 years and do not worry too much about other people/job prospects/etc. (This will haunt you in your final year so there is no need to panic about it now ;)) I keep doubting whether I made the right decision or not and in hindsight I would have loved to have chosen a different field. But I do not regret studying what I am studying now. It gave me the chance to explore. And this is something that many overlook: university is about exploration. It's not the end of the world if you find out what you thought you wanted to do isn't really what you want to do. You're still young too Steven and I know it feels like a huge decision (because it is) but it is not the be all end all. You can always go back to university (Okay I know about the fees, etc. I have to pay over 40k for a degree with no loans :rolleyes:) but as long as you keep looking at it from this perspective of yours, things will get messy and quickly. I still have no idea what I really want to do but I've learnt not to dwell too much on it. I have several options written down and I'll go from there. Just my two cents, sorry no refunds.

#1,366 ·
when watching a youtube video you can't look at the channel's next videos anymore WTF? Have to go to their channel. I'm so pissed at this new layout! Why change a good thing?

#1,370 ·
what are you all doing here? Martha in bikini is in the pictures' thread ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.