Tennis Forum banner

[GMT] Indian Wells/Miami 2010 - F: Michael. def. [2]Zvonarevarulz 6-4 6-0 6-4 6-0 1-6

23K views 490 replies 31 participants last post by  Stadia 
#1 · (Edited)

Graphic Makers Tour Rules - http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=363624

To commit just write "in"

Both players have to confirm doubles commitments.

Singles Manager: Poiree
Doubles Manager: Kai.

Commitments will close on March 14th

The seedings will be based on rankings after Dubai 2010

I would like to ask all the contestants and voters to read the GMT rules (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=363624) and follow them throughout the tournament.

Hall of Fame

Singles 2009: Heart def. Poiree W/O
Doubles 2009: Andreas/Poiree beat Kai./Stadia 6-2 6-0

Good luck everyone :)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: [GMT] Indian Wells/Miami 2010

Singles Entry List

1. Stadia
2. Zvonarevarulz
3. kai.
4. InsideOut.

5. Kiristea.
6. Oneandonly
7. Andreas
8. Fired
9. Acinolbaj
10. Vikilliam.
11. Caralenko
12. Michael.
13. Ananko.
14. Marco tennis
15. Pieter.
16. Teerin

Doubles Entry List

1. Renalicious/Stadia
2. LizeT/Oneandonly

3. Pieter./Michael.
4. Kai./Teerin
5. Caralenko/Leen

*seeded players are written in bold

#3 · (Edited)

Singles Main Draw

Round 1

Vikilliam. def. [1] Stadia 0-6 6-4 6-2
Pieter. def. Fired 2-6 6-1 6-0
Ananko. def. Andreas W/O
Michael. def. [3] kai. 6-1 6-3

[4] InsideOut. def. Oneandonly 6-0 7-6
Marco tennis def. Caralenko 6-3 6-4
Acinolbaj def. Teerin 3-6 6-3 6-1
[2] Zvonarevarulz def. Kiristea. W/O

1/4 Final

Vikilliam. def. Pieter. W/O
Michael. def. Ananko. 6-1 6-2
[4] InsideOut. def. Marco tennis 0-6 6-0 6-3
[2] Zvonarevarulz def. Acinolbaj 1-6 6-4 7-6

1/2 Final

Michael. def. Vikilliam. W/O
[2] Zvonarevarulz def. [4] InsideOut. 6-0 6-1

Final

Michael. def. [2]Zvonarevarulz 6-4 6-0 6-4 6-0 1-6

Doubles Main Draw

1/2 Final

[1] Renalicious/Stadia def. Kai./Teerin 6-4 4-6 10-0
Caralenko/Leen def. [2] LizeT/Oneandonly 6-3 6-4

Final

Caralenko/Leen def. [1] Renalicious/Stadia W/O​

#4 · (Edited)

Singles Final Tasks

Avatar (144x168) - Miami Heat (NBA Team)
Banner (max. 250px in height) - "My friend, there is nothing so sexy as a woman who is angry. Perhaps when she is even throwing things" - Marat Safin
Picture Reconstruction - 1 + 2
Wallpaper (1280x800) - Seeded players who lost in R2 in Miami 2010 (ATP or WTA, 1 Player)
Practical Task - Design a cover for a single Lady Gaga would release featuring a WTA player who reached round 4 or further in Miami 2010

Singles 1/2 Final Tasks

Avatar (144x168) - ATP Players with Dolphins in Miami 2010
Banner (max. 250px in height) - Caroline Wozniacki at the Sony Ericsson Open Kick-Off Party in Miami 2010
Free Graphic - Nicole Vaidisova: Life After Tennis

Singles 1/4 Final Tasks

Avatar (144x168) - If Top 20 WTA Players were Disney Princesses (1 player only)
Banner (max. 250px in height) - Interprete Hotel California by the Eagles
Free Graphic - Viktor Troicki's Road to Round 4 at Indian Wells 2010

Singles R1 Tasks

Avatar (144x168) - Players with Curly Hair in Indian Wells 2010 (ATP or WTA, max. 2)
Banner (max. 250px in height) - Indian Wells vs. Miami
Free Graphic - Picture reconstruction 1 + 2

Deadline: Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 20:00 GMT
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Send to Poiree via PM

Doubles 1/2 Final

Avatar (144x168) - Favorite WTA Player for SEOpen.
Banner (max. 250px in height) - CSI Miami
Free Graphic - Indian Wells´s ATP Winner.

Deadline Thr-25 01AM. GMT
Pleas send all the graphics to Kai. via PM.
Renalicious, Stadia and Teerin send to Poiree​

#43 ·

Singles R1 Tasks

Avatar (144x168) - Players with Curly Hair in Indian Wells 2010 (ATP or WTA, max. 2)
Banner (max. 250px in height) - Indian Wells vs. Miami
Free Graphic - Picture reconstruction 1 + 2

* for the avatar pictures must be from Indian Wells 2010

Deadline: Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 20:00 GMT
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Send to Poiree via PM​
Question about the avatar - does it have to be 2 players or 1 is fine? It says "max. 2" so that means no more than 2. :unsure:

#6 · (Edited)

1/4 Final

1/2 Final

Taking in account another withdrawal we got to see only two sets of graphics in the 1/2 final.

This task didn't ask for much of imagination and it was important to nicely execute your avatar and, which turned out decisive in this match, make a graphic which suits the task.

Although I, personally, think InsideOut's avatar was a better graphic, it once again, just like in the 1/4 final, didn't suit the task, as the picture used was not from 2010. However, I liked its simplicity and the text was well put, too. He also used the top/bottom border which I absolutely love.

Zvonarevarulz, on the other hand, submitted a more complicated graphic. The biggest problem for me with this graphic was once again the colour scheme. I suppose quite a lot of people get it, but the green/purple/red/yellow combo was too much for my liking. Another problem was that the avatar was sharpened a bit more than it should have been and it caused kind of a pixelated look. What I liked about this graphic was the choice of picture and especially the choice of font with these little fish in some of the letters.

Banners

For this task the makers took different approaches. When I was setting the task I expected bth of these ideas to be used.

Zvonarevarulz' banner was inspired by the Arabian culture and had the 1001 Nights feel to it. I love the use of the red and yellow colours in the background with all the Arabian motives (camels, letters, Genie in a bottle lyrics etc.). The picture of Wozniacki was very well extracted from the background as well.

InsideOut. opted for a comparison between Caroline and the little mermaid, which I found very interesting too, as I thought of this when I saw the party pictures for the first time. The background was done well, but I failed to see the real connection between Wozniacki and the rest of the graphic. She seemed to pop out of the background too much. Another thing I found ruined this graphic, was the border at the top. I think the maker should have gone either for that or for rounded edges. Using both was too much in mu opinion.

Free Graphics

Even though it is quite creepy, I loved Zvonarevarulz' graphic. It reminded me of some horror film poster. This time I loved the colours used in the graphic and I found the blending of all the pictures in the background was well done. I also liked the recouloring of Nicole's eyes and lips to give it that horror feel. The only thing that could have been done slightly betteris the blending of the Nicole and Radek picture with the pictures above it.

A completely different kind of graphic was submitted by InsideOut. While Zvonarevarulz went for the dark feel that I really love and I also thought suited her view on the task very well, InsideOut. made a very light graphic, but again with a quite negative perspective on her future which I found a bit contradictory. If it was executed better, it could have been a really good graphic though. The Nicole picture in the bottom right and the text were inserted well, but the newspaper picture in the background is very pixelated and the heart edges seem quite rough and don't blend in well with the rest of the graphic.​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.