Tennis Forum banner

~Luxembourg Tennis~

116K views 1K replies 73 participants last post by  coetzergambill 
#1 ·
Claudine Schaul and Mandy Minelle both qualify to play maindraw.
Mandy will play her first career WTA maindraw match against Anna-Lena.
Anne Kremer lost last week to Jelena Dokic who lost to Anne in their last three H2H.

#281 ·
a couple of recent pics from Games of Small European States from June 2007 :cool: :

Claudine Schaul:

Team Luxembourg:

from left to right: Lynn Philippe, Mandy Minella, Claudine Schaul

Claudine Schaul, Mandy Minella and Lynn Philippe with Grand Duke Hanri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg

#282 ·
MANDY IS IN THE USO QUALY DRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Is this her first grand slam for singles?

She has Fedossova first round who is seeded 9.

Mandy must have gotten in on a protected ranking, because her current one in 679 :shrug:

If there is a way for her to qualify, and win her first round match on day 2, i will see her play day 4 :banana: Or if she wins her first 2 matches on day 1 and 3 I will see her play day 5, Though its not very likely, I can still hope, right: :D :banana:

#284 ·
Mandy down 3-4* in the first set

I guess thats a decent start :shrug:

#290 ·
Anne Kremer in quarterfinal of ITF Kharkov (100K) :

1r def Yulia Beygelzimer 6:4 6:0 :yeah:
2r def Monica Niculescu 6:4 6:3 :yeah:

Now versus Rodina. Allez Anne! :bounce:

Mandy Minella in 2nd round of ITF Bordeaux (100k) :

After successful qualification she beat Marta Marrero in 1r 2:6 6:2 6:2. :worship:

Now versus Mathilde Johansson. Allez Mandy! :bounce:

#294 ·
Anne Kremer qualified for Bangkok :banana:

Q1: def Hana Sromova 6:3 6:2
Q2: def Ayumi Morita 4:0 ret
Q3: def Parra Santonja 6:2 2:6 6:2

Next opponent:

1r Anne Kremer (Q) versus Olga Poutchkova

A good draw as Poutchkova is in a bad slump. ;)

Allez Anne! :worship:

#295 ·
Mandy Minella is playing ITF San Luis Potosi (25k):

Q1: Mandy MINELLA (LUX) (12) def. Melisa MORALES (GUA) 6:2 6:2 :yeah:
Q2: Mandy MINELLA (LUX) (12) def. Andrea BENITEZ (ARG) (6) 4:6 6:1 6:1 :yeah:
1r: (Q)Mandy Minella (LUX) def. (LL)Liga Dekmeijere (LAT) 6:4 6:3 :woohoo:
2r: (Q)Mandy Minella (LUX) def. Tetiana Luzhanska (UKR) 6:2 4:1 ret :woohoo:

Next match:

QF: (Q)Mandy Minella (LUX) vs Mariana Duque-Marino (COL) (5)

Allez Mandy! :kiss:

#297 · (Edited)
Some pics of Anne Kremer from "Gala du meilleur sportif":

Photo: Tom Wagner

Anne Kremer with winner triathlet Liz May and table tennis player Ni Xia Lian

Anne Kremer with Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and sport minister Jeannot Krecké

Photo 2 and 3: Roland Miny

#298 ·
Anne Kremer, Claudine Schaul and Mandy Minella are actually preparing season 2008 and there was a nice article in the newspaper recently. :)

Anne Kremer (LUX/81)

- Balance 2007:

Anne Kremer: "I am very satisfied with last season where I've played solid tennis. To finish at WTA position 81 proves that one has done much right during the past months."

- Highlights 2007:

Anne Kremer: "The highlights of 2007 are the second round at the Australian Open as a qualifier, the quarterfinals of Budapest and the semifinals at the Tetra Karkhov Ladies Cup. In addition to that I showed good performances at the Fortis Championships in front of home crowd."

- Disappointments 2007:

Anne Kremer: "Especially at the Grand Slams Roland Garros and Wimbledon but also at Proximus Diamond Games in Antwerp where I've lost in the first round, I had expected more."

- Fed Cup 2007:

Anne Kremer: "I am glad to play once in a year in a team with Claudine and Mandy. I have played my first Fed Cup match with 15 and since then hardly missed a match. We are facing up an Olympic year and certainly I could have renounced a Fed Cup participation in own interest but it's making so much fun that I don't want to miss Fed Cup. I think we have great chances this year to realize good results."

- Preparation to 2008:

Anne Kremer: "I am in a good shape at the moment. The foot sprain I got at the French Interclubs Championships don't hinder me, and everything is working alright now."

- Schedule debut 2008:

Anne Kremer: "First of all I will prepare for Auckland (ASB Classic), followed by Hobart (Moorilla Hobart International) and the Australian Open."

- Aims 2008:

Anne Kremer: "A participation at the Olympic Games is my big aim. I need a good start into the season in order to realize this, moreover I have some points to defend. If I can ensure my ranking, the National Olympic Committee (COSL) could ask for a wild card and then I have good chances to get a wild card from ITF."

Claudine Schaul (LUX/479)

- Balance 2007:

Claudine Schaul: "When I came after a fissure of crucial ligament and of miniskus (German: Kreuzbandriss und Miniskusriss) half of the season was already over. I didn't know what was awaiting me after such a long break and the most difficult was to realize that it needed some time in order to feel well on court and improve in the rankings. I was happy to be able to play again and try to get the right rythm."

- Highlights 2007:

Claudine Schaul: "The moment of my comeback has marked me the most. I was in the quarters of ITF 25k event in Saulgau but wouldn't see that as a highlight."

- Disappointments 2007:

Claudine Schaul: "I was disappointed about my first tournaments where I lost in first rounds for sure. I was too impatient after my comeback. Furthermore I was hindered by several shoulder injuries."

- Fed Cup 2007:

Claudine Schaul: " I think we have a homogeneous team for January. We have to wait what teams we draw and what players the several countries will nominate."

- Preparation to 2008:

Claudine Schaul: "I am training at the moment with Anne. Although we don't have the same schedule we are both training with Marc Dollendorf. Together training is much more fun."

- Schedule debut 2008:

Claudine Schaul: "I will play the same events as Mandy (25k events in United States) and we will try to train together at these tournaments.

- Aims 2008:

Claudine Schaul: "I will attack again this year and hope to improve my ranking as far as possible."

Mandy Minella (LUX/405)

- Balance 2007:

Mandy Minella: "In the first season half I didn't find my rythm because of knee problems and physic issues but at the end of the year my form has become better and thus I'm optimistic for 2008."

- Highlights 2007:

Mandy Minella: "In Denain and Bordeaux I was satisfied with my game strategy but it wasn't enough yet for my best performance."

- Disappointments 2007:

Mandy Minella: "A big disappointment was certainly the many knee problems, who didn't allow me during weeks to play without pain. At the Games of Small States I had expected more than bronze medal."

- Fed Cup 2007:

Mandy Minella: "I was content about my showing at this year's Fed Cup and am looking forward to my next matches."

- Preparation to 2008:

Mandy Minella: "Together with the other members of Mouratoglou Academy I was in Val d'Isère for a week where I've worked on my physique. Tomorrow we will fly to Mauritius to train in the heat. I am feeling great at the moment."

- Schedule debut 2008:

Mandy Minella: "I will play my first events in the United States, two 25000 $ events in Saint Leo and Surprise."

- Aims 2008:

Mandy Minella: "I want to be ranked between 100 and 150 after the upcoming season."