Tennis Forum banner

Will any of these players born in 1991 make it to top 20 or top 10?

Will any of these players born in 1991 make it to top 20 or top 10?

11K views 57 replies 42 participants last post by  Shvedbarilescu 
#1 ·
Out of all 1991 born players only Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova managed to reach top 20 with her career high ranking of 13, currently she is 36th.
Can any other player of this generation get so high and who has most chance to achieve it?
Currently there are 11 players in top 100 born in 1991.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

See less See more
#35 ·
First post on this forum so thanks for having me.

As someone born in 1991, I follow players born in 1991 a bit more closely to others.

So far, Oudin's achieved bugger all in terms of expectations.

Reckon Kiki will nudge top 20 (Nastia's already done that) with Camila, Polona and Ksenia not that far behind.

Valeria Savinykh could also go close.

Any chance Elixane Lechemia (born September 3 1991 like myself) will nudge top 100?

#40 ·
There is an argument that could be made that it is harder today to get into the top tier at a young age than it was 10/20/30 years ago. The older players are much bigger, stronger, are fitter (most have conditioning coaches) and have more powerful equipment options than when the Grafs, Seles, Everts, Williams sisters were coming up.

If you look at the top 30, only 4 were born after 1/1/90( Kvitova, Woz Cirstea and Paszek) and of the top 15, a big majority were born in the early and mid 80s.

Some of the list could mature and get much better, surprising some of us. There could be others further down that could come out of the blue. Who would have ever thought about Kerber or Lepchenko two years ago and Errani was a journeywoman singles player for several years.

#55 ·
:lol: good bump, there was such little faith in Simona a year ago :sobbing:

people who voted Coco :spit:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.