Tennis Forum banner

Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread!

Tags
mynx
316K views 5K replies 116 participants last post by  TeamUkraine 
#1 ·
I can't believe there wasn't a thread for one of Ukraine's rising stars.

She's born on 12 September 1994. She's the reigning junior Roland Garros Champion and has been the ranked number 1 on the ITF circuit. On the professional tour, she has also made the finals of a 25K losing to another talented teenager, Lyuda Kichenok. Her highest WTA ranking is 548.

Let's all cheer for her as she rises up the rankings soon and be a real star on the WTA tour!

More pictures of her at http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=gallery&player_id=145&page=1

See less See more
#3,397 ·
R1 in Bogota will be against Louisa Chirico.

#3,401 ·
Danka has weapons, but until recently, couldn't win a match on the ITF circuit, let alone at the WTA level. Had a great run in Charleston, but Elina should win.

#3,403 ·
Next up in the quarterfinals is Falconi. Should be another routine win.

#3,405 ·
I see there's a rain delay.

#3,406 ·
Tough day with all the rain delays, but she found a way to win in two, saving a couple of set points along the way. :)

"It was a long day for me," Svitolina said afterwards. "We were in and out all the time because of the rain. I had to warm up a couple of times, stretching three times, warming up, running four or five times - and the conditions are already tough, so that made it even more difficult to play my best today.

"When we came back on court at 1-2 in the second set I was really struggling with my serve. Then I switched my racquet and served better, because the strings got loose because of the rain. That was my mistake. I'm happy I could serve better after that, especially when I was losing 3-5 and made it 5-all. It brought me a lot of confidence I could hold there, and I showed my best tennis at the end.
Source

#3,410 ·
Is it realy going to lose this match?

#3,418 ·
Marrakech SF (4) Elina Svitolina def AKS 6-0 6-3 She has been unbelievably consistent this week she must like winning in crappy events. Babos next :scared: