160K views 3K replies 72 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Alexandra

Residence : Bucharest, Romania
Date of birth : 03/05/1990
Birthplace : Bucharest, Romania
Height : 1.66m
Weight : 46 kg
Plays : Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface : Clay
Win/Loss Record - Singles : 145 - 70
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles : 7
Career High Singles : 248 (December 20, 2010), current rank is 250

Personally

* Alexandra started playing tennis when she was 4 years old
* Her father, Alexandru, got her on the tennis court for first time
* Short right kick is her preffered shot
* She likes playing offensive on court
* As personal interests are swimming and listening to music

See less See more
#2,339 ·
Good draw in Bucharest... until a possible meeting with Kasatkina again in FQR that is. But good luck, let's not forget she's also defending her dubs title :cheer:

Bucharest Open
Qualifying draw

(4)Daria Kasatkina (RUS) v. Anastasiya Vasylyeva (UKR)
Valeriya Strakhova (UKR) v. Cristina Ene (ROU)
(wc)Elena Gabriela Ruse (ROU) v. Alexandra Cadantu (ROU)
Aleksandrina Naydenova (BUL) v. (6)Maria Sakkari (GRE)

#2,341 · (Edited)
Good thing I don't bet, I could see me losing a lot of money on results like this :eek: Alex gets another chance in dubs against Ruse :)

Bucharest Open
First Qualifying Round

(wc)Elena Gabriela Ruse (ROU) def. Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) 6-4 6-4

Bucharest Open
Doubles Draw

(wc)Cristian/Ruse v E.Bogdan/Cadantu
Kovinic/Piter v (3)Olaru/Tatishvili
Buyukakcay/Golubic v Buzean/Skamlova
(wc)Mitu/Tig v (2)Goerges/Martic

#2,351 ·
Couldn't watch the third set but I'm glad to hear she played good and won the match! As always, Alexandra the mental giant, saving MP and winning the match... no problem for her :yeah: :oh:

$25.000 Hechingen (GER), R32

Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) d. (5)Anastasiya Vasylyeva (UKR) 46 75 61

Hopefully she'll win her next round against what should be a easier opponent and we'll have a all-romanian QF with her against Ana Bogdan :cheer:

#2,353 ·
Lost to second seed Ana Bogdan in the QF's, but she looked good in all the second set rallies. Hopefully her shoulder gets better. She's just pushing serves into play right now
She was doing a good job retrieving and frustrating Ana, I thought, but oh yeah... her serving, especially in the second set and towards the end was pretty ugly to watch actually :hug:

#2,365 ·
Alex continued with a solid win against Buyukakcay in the SF and unfortunately a heartbreaking loss in the final :hug:

Still, I'd even say this was the best week she's had after her drop from the top100 :rocker:
It really was. Very nice to see she made it all the way to the final, and put up a good fight there for two sets. Don't remember seeing her name on another EL , but hopefully she won't have to take another lengthy break and can keep playing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.