160K views 3K replies 72 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Alexandra

Residence : Bucharest, Romania
Date of birth : 03/05/1990
Birthplace : Bucharest, Romania
Height : 1.66m
Weight : 46 kg
Plays : Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface : Clay
Win/Loss Record - Singles : 145 - 70
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles : 7
Career High Singles : 248 (December 20, 2010), current rank is 250

Personally

* Alexandra started playing tennis when she was 4 years old
* Her father, Alexandru, got her on the tennis court for first time
* Short right kick is her preffered shot
* She likes playing offensive on court
* As personal interests are swimming and listening to music

See less See more
#2,132 ·
So, that's why her match is put on CC, I guess.

I'm not the guy interested in other players' looks, but her body is just pefect. She is looking fit enough to sustain under the hot Baku sun. I will watch tomorrow.

#2,134 ·
Lost 61 64 :(

Poor Alex. There's nothing really wrong with her game. She just doesn't hit hard enough to trouble her opponents on a consistant basis while still hitting hard enough for them to use her pace against her. And of course she needs a better serve but that can be said about 60% of the WTA.

:hug:

#2,137 ·
Lost 61 64 :(

Poor Alex. There's nothing really wrong with her game.
I had the exactly same impression watching it. I would even go as far and say that her game per se looks still classes better than when she first appeared on the WTA stage.

Alexandra's way of receiving beat downs lately despite playing perfectly even from the baseline is just sad. You would actually mean by looking at the scorelines that there is a difference of game between her and the WTA tour at the moment, but there seriously isn't.

I actually like your comparison of her going toe to toe from the baseline, even hitting with more determination, and still coming short, because this is exactly what it is. We already had the discussion about her being simply an underpowered basher and this basically sums up her problem. She has no real strength to rely on when nothing else is working. Despite her serve and her game at the net (which are main problems for 95% of WTA players), her game is quite ok. Her footwork is ok, her defense is ok, her ground strokes are ok, but not more than that.

Her game just lacks profile. She is not able to overpower her opponent, she is not able to purely outlast her opponent. It's not surprising that her last WTA win has come over Wickmayer in a match where she just flat out pushed, followed by her almost successful match against CSN where she just ballbashed. No other player in her ranking region has so many tactical options to choose from, but she might be at the point where she has to decide which player she wants to become to reach the next step. I guess she herself knows it.

Simona showed what a simple change of tactics can do to your game. Now it's up to Alexandra. As for now, I really wouldn't call her off yet.

Another point is that she is literally losing every big point of the match, but this is just purely mental and probably a sign for her lack of confidence. I don't know how often she went to 30-0 just to lose the game.

#2,149 · (Edited)
I heard :p , but 'spiceboy' posts the updates as soon as he has them and she didn't withdraw yet (and the deadline for withdrawals is tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning the latest)

LE : Looks like spiceboy made a little mistake :

Sorry my bad. Cadantu never entered the USO, just missed her name in the list in the first place. Since there are 9 QWC (confirmed) ALTs list is correct and Barrois is still ALT #1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.