160K views 3K replies 72 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Alexandra

Residence : Bucharest, Romania
Date of birth : 03/05/1990
Birthplace : Bucharest, Romania
Height : 1.66m
Weight : 46 kg
Plays : Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface : Clay
Win/Loss Record - Singles : 145 - 70
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles : 7
Career High Singles : 248 (December 20, 2010), current rank is 250

Personally

* Alexandra started playing tennis when she was 4 years old
* Her father, Alexandru, got her on the tennis court for first time
* Short right kick is her preffered shot
* She likes playing offensive on court
* As personal interests are swimming and listening to music

See less See more
#2,064 ·
#2,065 ·
Well, she start the first game with 2 double faults. Anyway, good luck Alex.

#2,066 ·
6-3 for Cetkovska in first set. I don't know what trainer can tell her to win this match.

#2,069 ·
I feel sorry for her too, but is realy to brainless to understand this sport.

#2,071 ·
4-2 for Petra. Alex can't hold a service even if her life depends on it. :(

#2,072 ·
She lose 6-3,6-2 and the points are gone. Good luck in playing only in ITF lvl from now on.:facepalm:

#2,075 ·
I think we shouldn't put the focus on ranking alone with Alexandra.

If you compare Alexandra with Cristina Dinu, you still see a huge difference on a technical level, but also when it comes to defense and shot positioning between an ITF player and a player who is able to compete on WTA level.

BUt competing is one thing and winning a completely different one. None of her losses have been blow outs lately, but she will always find a way to come up short.

#2,073 ·
How in hell did she only end up with 5 games again...

Tragic. Still wouldn't rule her out. 2014 has shown that all players that drop down (for different reasons) are well able to get their shit together again, sooner or later. It might take longer with her, the mind it is.

#2,074 ·
I don't see it for her at all. She simply doesn't have a lvl of tennis to perform on WTA. When you play on your favorite surface in home and you have this kind of performance against an opponent who is not good at all on clay :facepalm:

She doesn't know how to serve

She has 0 consistency

She is brainless

She doesn't have a decent skill to compensate her brainless game.

She is doomed to fall into obscurity. I feel sorry for her, but maybe is time to change profession.

#2,079 · (Edited)
It was criticism more and I am a nationalist when it comes to support Romanian girls. I always support them even if i don't like there game. And i will support Alex in the future too, but it's just frustrating to watch her play. She has to try to give more for this sport if not she will have to try to find another job, because she will not cope with the bills.

#2,083 ·
She looks miserable out there. Even Raluca Olaru, who's pretty clearly outplayed by Knapp seems to enjoy her chance to play on a MD again and is making the most out of it. Alex Candantu looks like she'd rather be anywhere but on court, hanging her head even when she's still in the set. It cannot be easy to see your ranking slip by the day, but if she could get back to at least enjoying a few points played in a match, think that would go a long way in helping her.

Hope things get better for her :hug:

#2,085 ·
Didn't watch the match but this is sad to read. :sad: Hope she can change her mentality. People like Angie Kerber or Simona managed to do it and start enjoying themselves more on-court and a drastic improvement in level followed this.

GL for the rest of the year Alex. :hug:

#2,088 ·
Not bad after she blew the match in single.

Good luck further.

#2,092 ·
Oare ce face psihologul ala pentru ea? :lol:

#2,095 ·
Having an injury during off-season is the worst that can happen to a tennis pro. We see it with Sorana, we have seen it with Begu and now we see it with Alexandra. It's basically messing up the whole tournament preparation for the upcoming year. She seems to be fit now, so let's hope for better results.

As she said, with her limited financial ressources, it's tough to be competitive on tour, especially when it comes to fitness. She needs every dollar in prize money she can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.