Tennis Forum banner

Caroline Garcia

364K views 5K replies 156 participants last post by  maloofhoof 
#1 ·
Caro is currently France's number 2 in the 1993 generation, far away from Kristina obviously. Still, her results are good enough to follow them on a thread. She is born in October, which could explain why her talent has been overshadowed by girls born earlier in the year.

She plays with a double-handed backhand and her best shot is definitely her serve. Her forehand has lots of firepower as well. She still has to work on her return and movement, I'd say.

She is 64th on the junior ranking (but won her first Grade 1 tournament beating Allgurin, Mestach and Cepede). On the pro tour, she is part of top 700 thanks to good showings in 25k. She's slightly overanked I think but she does have interesting wins over Riner, Dabija and Kondratieva.

Allez Caro :)

#1,203 ·
#1,212 ·
Has Caroline finally laid to rest the ghosts of Nürnberg? For some reason, that tournament marked the end of her golden spring and ushered in a five month slump.

I was her lucky charm today! :D I tuned into the match when she was trailing 2-5 in the final set. It looked like she'd put in a good effort but was on her way out. Instead, she promptly won 4 of the next 5 games with fine serving and tremendous groundstrokes from both wings. She was also absolutely clutch under pressure, a nice change from recent matches. That little bunted forehand return she produced at matchpoint down at 4-5; 30-40 surprised Venus who stroked the ball wide. I was convinced Caroline would win the tie-break, close though it was: Venus has developed a mental block in 3rd set tie-break situations.

Caroline played her very close earlier this year in Madrid. Caro, of course, was near the peak of her form on that occasion. She's well capable of finishing the job this time if she doesn't suffer a 'reaction' after today's big win and plays with the same consistency and fearlessness. :yeah:Radwanska's form is all over the place at the moment and I don't know what to expect from her. She's looked disinterested since winning Montréal.

#1,215 ·
Hi all, I'm Willy. Nice to see people cheering for her in the morning (GMT) ;)

I have to say that, once she is control of a point, it is really beautiful tennis. And those head ceases are lovely :hearts:

I'd love to see her on the Premier tour more often.

Go Caro :cheer:

#1,216 · (Edited)
She's in every return game, god knows how many deuces she had on Aga's serve, and holds serve herself comfortably except for the one time where she gets broken immediately. :(

Back on serve *4-4 :bounce:
So composed today again 5-4*
Trying to end the points to early this time *5-5
That was not very composed unfortunately. 4 UE going for a winner on the 2nd shot and broken. :( 5-6*
Huge returns and she breaks for the tiebreak! But holy shit this is low margin tennis

Has a putaway winner at the net and misses, FH UE 0-1*
FH UE 0-2*
BH Return Winner *1-2
Long point, finally forces a BH error from Aga *2-2
Bad BH UE.. 2-3*
GREAT forehand down the line winner 3-3*
Not so great forehand UE *3-4
Chases down a dropshot, how did she get there?? *4-4
Biiiig point now
Chair overrule, replay the point
Service Winner! 5-4*
FOREHAND WINNER! 2 match points 6-4*