2007:
Bucharest (10K) / with Ionela-Andreea Iova
Bucharest (10K) / with Irina-Camelia Begu
2008:
Bucharest (10K) / with Ionela-Andreea Iova

Career-high juniors rank: 1
Junior ITF titles: 8
2006:
30th Mamaia-Sen Junior ITF Tournament (G3)
AS Open 2006 (G5)
Jug Open 2006 (G5)
Tarkett Junior Open (G4)
2007:
25th Perin Memorial (G1)
32nd City of Florence International Tournament (G2)
2008:
49th Trofeo Bonfiglio (GA)
Roland Garros

See less See more
#4,819 ·
Simona :hug: made an excellent tour, I do not expect more. I understand the excitement with her victories , but some comment makes me laugh.
She lost because his head was elsewhere, she lost bcz his opponent yelled too loud and Simona intimidated, lost, because SW, put cream on her hands and delayed 10 seconds and Simona deconcentrated ... etc .

I remember about her victory at Roma vs JJ. A Serbian about JJ lost, referring to the crucial points in the deciding set: :D She had something in her eyes and felt very uncomfortable.

#4,822 ·
I exaggerated cream :D I see no problem with SW behavior, all champions afford things that the ordinary mortals can not afford, it's just a bonus for champions. Nadal removes his panties from ass , arranges his hair, shirt lift, bouncing the ball 20 times...etc. all in 25 seconds? As for SW scream ? OK she scream, but only when winning important points, and never on the opponent's mistakes..in romaneste..cum obisnuiesc sa faca creauturile alea pitice pomenika si rusoaica psycho putanseva :).

#4,827 ·
^ That's very interesting cause Cadantu started to play good after Simona's great results this year. She said in an interview that she is motivated by her performances. And now, after Simona gets bageled, she loses the same way :)) Just a coincidence...I guess :haha:

#4,838 ·
Well Done Simoooooooo! Great stuff! Probably it has been said before, but Romania finally has a tennis player who is actually constant and giving almost 70-80% each match.Unbelieveble confidence in her tennis (we wont count world no 1 here)No surprises with players like Hantuchova and Hsies, in 1st round matches is a big thing. Slowly Simo is getting the aura of a big player, probably winning matches even when she plays bad (except Serena, I don't think anybody has seen her playing in the last 2 weeks so I will just assume that:)). I've seen the ones from Budapest instead and Gstaad and this was the case there.
While in regards to Carla tomorrow Simo should be the favorite if she plays at 80%. Haide Simo!

#4,841 ·
Nice article mentioning Simona's astonishing season on the WTA site:

40 LOVE History: Romanian Renaissance

After some sizzling summer results, Sorana Cirstea and Simona Halep are on the verge of breaking into the Top 20 right now. Only three Romanians have broken that elite before - who are they?

Published August 20, 2013 12:00
40 LOVE History: Romanian Renaissance
Virginia Ruzici, Chris Evert

There's a very talented crop of young Romanian players on the WTA at the moment, and spearheading the movement are Sorana Cirstea and Simona Halep, who - after some sizzling results this summer - are on the verge of breaking into the Top 20. Who are the three Romanians that broke it before them?

The first to break it - Virginia Ruzici - was arguably the most accomplished Romanian in WTA history. Ruzici won by far more WTA titles than any other Romanian with 12, but perhaps more significantly, one of those titles was the 1978 French Open, making her Romania's only Grand Slam champion.

Ruzici would go as high as No.8 in the world in 1979 and eventually retired from the tour in 1987.

The next two Romanians to break the Top 20 elite - Irina Spirlea and Ruxandra Dragomir Ilie - were contemporaries, both actually reaching their peak in 1997. That year saw them both record their best Grand Slam performances (Spirlea the semifinals of the US Open, Dragomir Ilie the quarterfinals of the French Open) and reach their career-high rankings (Spirlea No.7, Dragomir Ilie No.15). They both won four WTA titles during their career but would also both be retired in the early-to-mid 2000s.

And then, a little bit of a drought - though there have been a number of talented Romanians winning WTA titles and climbing into the Top 30, none have broken the Top 20 since then, though now Cirstea and Halep seem on the verge big time, with Cirstea currently at No.21 and Halep just behind at No.23.

Since leaving Wimbledon, Cirstea has put together a very strong 10-3 record, reaching the semifinals of Stanford, the quarterfinals of Washington DC and the final of Toronto, which was a career-defining result - she beat three Top 10 players along the way before finally falling to Serena Williams.

"I think it's the start of something good," Cirstea said in Toronto. "I've already said, many, many times before, that I was working really hard before I came to the hardcourt season. I had strong weeks in Stanford and Washington, and I continued that form here. So it's not a coincidence. Everything is based on hard work. Everyone can see that I have been doing some great steps in the right direction.

"I'm just very excited to keep these things going and just make this mentality a habit now."

Cirstea was actually the darling of the tournament, winning fans over match after match with her inspired play, and probably won more hearts over with an emotional runner-up speech after the final.

"I was a little bit disappointed because I wanted to play better today - I knew I could play better," she said. "It was mixed feelings out there, but even if I won today, I would probably still be crying!"

Halep has had an absolute breakthrough last few months as well. There was some foreshadowing just before Roland Garros as she made it all the way to the semifinals in Rome, but it was after the French where she took it to another level, winning her first two WTA titles in back-to-back weeks at Nürnberg and 's-Hertogenbosch, then - after Wimbledon - winning her third WTA title right away at Budapest. This past week Halep made it to the quarterfinals in Cincinnati, taking out Marion Bartoli and Samantha Stosur along the way - her win over Bartoli was the Frenchwoman's last professional match.

Which one of Cirstea and Halep will break the Top 20 first? Will some of the other Romanians - Monica Niculescu, Irina-Camelia Begu, Alexandra Cadantu, Alexandra Dulgheru, Edina Gallovits-Hall and Raluca Olaru, to name a few - follow suit? Only time will tell - watch this space, there's more to come...
- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/artic...ory-romanian-renaissance#sthash.MnQYao7Y.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.