Perspective till after AO - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 08:22 AM   #1
country flag ChrisCologne

ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all
Perspective till after AO

I keep my mind positive for a number of reasons after this USO.

She has to defend 300 points for the rest of the season and I do believe she has in store to defend those or at least not losing to much to remain top32 for the AO. She lost in the 2nd round of that one last year, and by getting a seed, and with a more solid performance over the last months, I think her goal in Asia soon should be to stay FIT and not FOOD POISONED and do some damage there with a good draw. Yes, she will face seeds early, and yes, those could be her fate, but she´s one of those players that tend to do great stuff against great players and lose against nobodys at the same time.

I´d say that after 2-3 years of turmoil in a season end and a season start both, if she´s going on from here, let her get solid. She should know that her rank plummeted in spite of a round3, because Peng and Bencic made their way deeper in the tournament, but with the depth among the places 32 to 17, she belongs there and could climb something by a good tournament.
ChrisCologne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 11:57 AM   #2
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Re: Perspective till after AO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCologne View Post
Yes, she will face seeds early, and yes, those could be her fate, but she´s one of those players that tend to do great stuff against great players and lose against nobodys at the same time.
But in the last time she tends more to beat the nobodys and to lose to the great players. Her last win against a real top player I can remember was against Radwanska in Wimbledon last year.

I think this is a question of confidence. She has problems to make the big points when she plays the top players. On the other hand she has no problem to come back in a set when she plays somebody like Brengle. She herself was telling about this in an interview.
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 04:40 PM   #3
country flag nameofthegame

nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice

The thing about Bine is she seems to lift her game against top players BUT stress definitely affects her as well.
I also get the feeling if she does not like the opponent she playes better (for example that idiot control freak Pova + Aga)
nameofthegame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 04:50 PM   #4
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Guys, she has no specific top players problem.
Her game is just not there, especially the serve.

I don't expect to see many wins at the next tournaments, Sabine got really lucky at the last three tournaments, this won't continue.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 05:10 PM   #5
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post

I don't expect to see many wins at the next tournaments, Sabine got really lucky at the last three tournaments, this won't continue.
I agree with the analysis, just not the negativity.

With time off before the Asian swing she should have time to work on her serve. If she finds her serve again her whole game will be uplifted. In fact, I was actually impressed with how she managed from Wimbledon through the US Open with no consistency on her serve. It proved that she has more potential than to be a mere "servebot," but she needs her serve to be at the top of her game.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 05:15 PM   #6

nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post

Perhaps she should retire if your opinion is 100% accurate?
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 05:30 PM   #7
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameofthegame View Post
Perhaps she should retire if your opinion is 100% accurate?
What ?

No but her game needs work and this will take time.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:01 PM   #8

The first rule of change management is don't expect miracles immediately so I think Bine needs time.
The shoulder injury she had has messed her serve up and it will take 12+ months to sort this out completely.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:58 PM   #9
country flag Lamb4Life

Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold

I think the only thing we all agree on here is that she really needs to get her serve sorted out and get that confidence again to hit her serve. If her serve works again, confidence will come back again and so will her game. She has already shown during the US Open series that she can play more patiently and build up points in stead of only ballbashing... If that part gets more developed + she gets her serve working...

She has 3 weeks now to work on some stuff, but real significant changes take time to develop. I really hope she does have the patience, motivation, and commitment to add a new dimension to her game. She's only worked for a short period with Peyre and I already like what I see..

And for the last 3 tournaments of the year..I don't expect any miracles. Some wins would be nice, but for Wuhan and Beijing she won't be seeded and needs some luck with the draws. For Luxembourg (she is confirmed on the tournament website) she has SF points to defend... Really important not to get sick or injured...and then get some serious work done in the off season.
Lamb4Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote