Tennis Forum banner

Anna Karolina Schmiedlová

236K views 3K replies 78 participants last post by  Penc 
#1 ·
Another talent from Slovakia! :)

Has been doing very well in challengers this year, winning four of them including a 25k.

Born on September 13, 1994 and her current ranking is 396.

She's playing the French Open juniors right now and scored a win over one of America's future hopes Taylor Townsend in three sets. :) Playing right now against the 5th seed in the junior tournament Katerina Siniakova and has won the first set in a tough tiebreaker.

#1,320 ·
WTA Rising Star Anna Karolina Schmiedlova won her second WTA singles title and reached another semifinal, and because of this you've voted her July's WTA Rising Star Of The Month.

wtatennis.com said:
Anna Karolina Schmiedlova put an early loss at Wimbledon behind her and caught fire on the European clay last month.
She compiled an impressive eight-match winning streak, highlighted by her second title of 2015 on the red clay of Bucharest where she confidently dispatched one of WTA's leading performers on the surface, Sara Errani, in the final to register her first career Top 20 win.
With that triumph, Schmiedlova became one of nine players to have earned multiple titles on tour this season, and she's the youngest of that elite group. She then followed up on her success at Bucharest with a run to the Bad Gastein semis, improving her record on clay to 18-7 in 2015.
"I still cannot believe I won, because it was a really tough match and Sara Errani is an amazing player," Schmiedlova said in her post-match press conference. "I knew she'd be playing really well, and I knew it would be tough to focus on each point today because we would have really, really long rallies.
"After I won the first set I did everything I could to win the second set, because I couldn't imagine being able to play a third set against her. And I'm really happy I was able to close it out right there."
For those reasons you've voted her July's WTA Rising Star Of The Month.
Final Results for June's WTA Rising Star Of The Month

1. Anna Karolina Schmiedlova (51%)
2. Margarita Gasparyan (38%)
3. Annika Beck (11%)

#1,342 ·
Great win over Aga, Anna ! :hearts:

Amazing performance from Anna :bowdown:

Cincy R2 vs Begu. Please win this, Anna :p