Tennis Forum banner

Anna Karolina Schmiedlová

236K views 3K replies 78 participants last post by  Penc 
#1 ·
Another talent from Slovakia! :)

Has been doing very well in challengers this year, winning four of them including a 25k.

Born on September 13, 1994 and her current ranking is 396.

She's playing the French Open juniors right now and scored a win over one of America's future hopes Taylor Townsend in three sets. :) Playing right now against the 5th seed in the junior tournament Katerina Siniakova and has won the first set in a tough tiebreaker.

#20 ·
http://sportky.topky.sk/c/88232/schmiedlova-uzasny-vysledok-sustredim-sa-na-zenske-turnaje :)

Trainer Martinec:

"Trénujem Karolínu už tretí rok a mám veľké šťastie, že sa mi dostalo dôvery. Je to veľmi pracovitá hráčka, čo je dôležité v dnešnom tenise. Posledné dva roky sme robili na technike, výsledky sa síce dostavujú, ale ešte stále vidím veľké nedostatky. Musíme sa zamerať na zvýšenie agresivity hlavne z forhendovej strany a zlepšiť hru na sieti. Treba však priznať, že za rok spravila veľký skok - od januára mala sériu 23 zápasov bez prehry, až nedávno v Maribore našla premožiteľku. Jej budúcnosť a prienik do svetovej stovky je otvorený. Všetko závisí od šťastia, zdravia a výberu turnajov. Verím, že to príde v správnom čase,"

"I work with Karolína for three years and I am very lucky that I got confidence. It is a very hardworking player, this is important in today's tennis. Last two years we have been doing the technique, although the results come, but still see big gaps. We focus mainly on increasing aggressiveness of the forehand side and improve the game on net. She made in last year a big jump - since January she has a serie of 23 matches without loss, and recently lost in Maribor. Her future and place in TOP100 are open. It all depends on luck, health and tournament selection. I believe it comes at the right time, " :)

#25 ·
tomorrow in Aschaffenburg in Bavaria,
court Nr. 3 Anicka Karolina (Kaja) Schmiedlova against Florence Molinero :)
(current ranking of 171th place, the best 170, year 1988) from Argentina 15:00 - Florence played two weeks ago in finale in 25.000$ tournament in Stuttgart-Vaihingen
she could be real dangerous :devil:,