Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

419K views 5K replies 83 participants last post by  James 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The last volume has passed 5000 posts, time to start a new one.

See less See more
#3,021 ·
I Kinda actually like the fact that she being more Aggressive And going for her shot, even know it not paying off atm I think that the right way too go, I hoping she can get too the level and start playing the way she did in 08-09 when she had a great balance of playing Offense and defense tennis. But I guess we have too wait and see how thing play off, she is trying too change her game style and play more Aggressive tennis, & we can't just think great result will come over night but at the same token I think she could work harder and get a new coach too help her retool & Improve her game, & some of the player she been losing too lately she should be beating them. But I guess that also due too low confidence, Also she doesn't seem too be enjoy tennis like she used too I hoping she find the love for the game again

#3,022 ·
Didn't know Gavin Rossdale is fan of Caro :eek::D

GavinRossdale
CaroWozniacki yes. a new grey world
good luck there caroline

GavinRossdale
CaroWozniacki i'll be coming through wimbledon as we play hyde park july 5. good luck.
always keeping an eye on how you are doing.

sadly she's not doing well lately! :[

#3,032 ·
I knew he was a tennis fan as he and Gwen Stefani are seen sometimes at Fed's matches.

He's supposed to be a good tennis player actually.

#3,024 ·
Another exit in 1st match ! :haha:

Caroline is so bad I can only laugh. Absolutely pathetic :eek:

Reactions: goldenlox
#3,025 ·
Pathetic is the right word. She came into the match with 4 straight losses. On a court she won a title the last time she played, and she was down 26 15.
An absolute mess. The quality of play, the effort level, the coaching. Top to bottom, everything going wrong

#3,039 ·
Sigh. Why couldn't Caro get someone almost completely useless like some of the other seeds did? :(

Sure looks like the 3rd first round loss in the last 4 slams for Caro. :rolleyes:

#3,038 ·
If I'm Caro, I plan to go practice on hardcourts starting Thursday. If she has to postpone it, fine.
This will be like AO vs Lisicki. Unless Robson sucks it up, she wins
Great draw for Robson. Beat the struggling head case, and you take the spot of a #10 seed

#3,042 ·
Adidas is supposed not to be involved when when two Adidas players play each other.

#3,044 ·
This is better than losing to a no name and people thinking Caro is totally finished. At least if she loses, its not Begu. Much more like Tamira.
If Caro loses then goes on vacation like her 2 first round slam losses last summer, then you know why she keeps losing in round 1

#3,045 ·
Except that Paszek is good to very good on the surface that Caro lost to her on while Robson is kind of medicore on the surface that Caro is playing her on.

#3,060 ·
This is a slam. Surely Caroline will be extra motivated not to have her third first round loss at a slam in her last four appearances. I am going to be optimistic and believe that she can and will win this.

#3,064 ·
:spit: at the draw :help: , again she draws Serena's quarter and probably one of the toughest 1st rounds. Not that she deserves anything better the way she's playing though.
1st round loss here is at 90% chance, can she surprise us like she did at the AO? :confused:

#3,065 ·
Have Caro even played Laura before, My Thought on the draw is the opening round going be tough but the other round are winnable the draw kinda remind me of her draw at AO this year, but at the same token her form has been awful lately so she going have too play some very good too win the first round

#3,066 ·
I still say she should have indoor courts booked for Thursday, just in case. And start serious practicing for hardcourt season.

But, Robson hasnt gotten past the 3rd round all year, and everyone thinks she should win. So she might play like Lisicki did in Melbourne, make a ton of unforced errors as soon as the points start. Its not like playing Sharapova. Robson is another adidas player with lousy coaching

#3,067 ·
Realistically can you ever see her actually doing this though? I mean you might as well not turn up full stop on grass courts if you did this. I tend to think she has time to do this after Wimbledon, if she keeps to the schedule on her website, she's going to have around 5 weeks off between Wimbledon and Toronto. That is pretty much the only significant period of time off before the end of year, and it's going to be a crucial period of time for Caroline, because if she comes into US hard courts in bad shape then pretty much the entire year is going to be a write off. I do tend to think she should be playing at least one of Stanford and Carlsbad though.

I guess it won't do much good for Caroline's stock within Adidas if she loses to Laura.

#3,068 ·
Carline has got a fairly tough draw, but maybe that's the best because there are no 1 match wonders only players she knows and maybe also know how to defeat:lick:. We'll see and I surely hope she will get to the 4th round. That could be a good mental lift to her confidence which is the only problem she has. Her gameplay is as good as it can be and she is super fit. Go get them Caroline:)

#3,069 ·
Carline has got a fairly tough draw, but maybe that's the best because there are no 1 match wonders only players she knows and maybe also know how to defeat:lick:. We'll see and I surely hope she will get to the 4th round. That could be a good mental lift to her confidence which is the only problem she has. Her gameplay is as good as it can be and she is super fit. Go get them Caroline:)
Really? Albeit some of it is linked to confidence, but I don't think her game play is anywhere near as good as it can be. Her serve is way too easy to attack right now. The depth off of her forehand is making her too easy to attack. There are many other teething problems that could do with ironing out that aren't just all down to a lack of confidence.

#3,081 ·
From GM:

View Poll Results: WWW?
Karo in 2 6 votes 5.66%
Karo in 3 9 votes 8.49%
Laura in 2 66 votes 62.26%
Laura in 3 25 votes 23.58%
Don't think they are too far off for once.
Roughly a 15/85 match. Betting odds will be much more balanced. Near 50/50, I'd think.

When Caro played Dulko in AO, Dulko was an overwhelming fave. Same was Lisciki in AO etc etc ... GM always predicts Caro will lose.
If they are right this time, it will just be coincidental.

#3,072 ·
I dont think its confidence because this awful streak started right after Indian Wells. She should have been feeling good about that result, but lost early in Miami & Charleston, then kept losing every match since.
This is a longterm mess with no easy fix.

#3,075 ·
I dont think its confidence because this awful streak started right after Indian Wells. She should have been feeling good about that result, but lost early in Miami & Charleston, then kept losing every match since.
This is a long term mess with no easy fix.
Confidence affects stuff like when she nets easy routine backhands that in the past you'd expect her to make 10 times out of 10. Stuff like the serve goes way deeper than that. Even at her best she had things that needed working on (easy shots at the net etc.), but now those things are the least of her problems. Now she doesn't even really have a reliable shot, the backhand use to be one of the best in the game, now it's average by top 10 standards, the down the line is pretty much non-existent. You saw vs Zheng just how problematic her forehand has become, Zheng by no means a big hitter, was finding it easy to hit through Caroline on a very slow court, there is no consistent depth at all from that side.

There is no easy fix because you have a player who is low on confidence and being let down by her strokes. Caro isn't one of these players who can hit out of a slump, there is no keep going for it and eventually it will work because that isn't Caro's game. Caro needs her strokes to be consistent and deep. The problem I see long term is I think there needs to be some technical improvement in order for her to gain her confidence back, but I'm not sure any technical improvement is forthcoming.

You can see right now from on court coaching, Caroline is a mess, she's distracted, letting minor things affect her, it tells you all you need to know about her mental state right now. I don't know how the lack of on court coaching will affect things if at all at Roland Garros, it's clear she is getting down on herself very quickly in matches, but Piotr doesn't seem to be able to get her out of it on court anyway so it may not make much of a difference. You do wonder where it is all currently heading though, you can even see it on here, a number of people's long term optimism is heavily waning right now, and Caro isn't giving off any positive vibes for people to get excited about either.

This post has been deleted
#3,082 ·
There is a high chance she will rise to #9 lol ;). Stosur is 20 points ahead of Caroline, but has 900 points to defend at Roland Garros (and has a terrible draw to boot). Stosur would have to make the SF's just to maintain the #9 spot. Anyone else has to make the semi finals minimum (and mostly make the final or win the tournament). I would say Caroline is probably most likely to rise to #9 in the rankings after Roland Garros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.