Tennis Forum banner

Ekaterina Makarova making waves Thread

249K views 4K replies 117 participants last post by  jimbo mack 
#1 · (Edited)
16 yr old Katya won her 2nd $10k of 2004 over the weekend :banana:
doing a Romanian clean sweep in last 3 rds including both Niculescu sisters and then beating top seed Matei 61 61 in final :bounce: :bounce:

lets hear it for lefty Katya
not many Russian south-paws players about :eek:

go Katya ;) :kiss: :kiss:
good luck :)

#3,116 ·
Pointless, possibly sexist aside--I thought the blue version of her outfit was way cuter than the white one.

Hopefully we'll get to see both of them again.

#3,117 ·
In the semis is a very good result. Now its 2 of the best teams meeting. They should be on the way to Singapore.

#3,118 ·
I'd dearly love to see Kate get another major.

(Oh, and Lena the Lesser, too. ;))

They were so adorbs in their post-match interview.

#3,121 ·
Well crap.

Still, a semi is pretty good.

:hug: Kate. I lurv you win or lose.

#3,122 ·
They lost to a good team. Kate lost to Serena in singles. Tough singles draw. Have to get her ranking up before Melbourne

#3,123 ·

Kate (and her buddy) have punched their tickets!

#3,124 ·
4 years in a row in Singapore. Kate needs a few singles wins so she is ranked for Melbourne

#3,125 ·
Boy I'll say. There's no way on earth Kate should only be four spots above my JoLa. :tape:

(I mean I love Jo to pieces, but Kate is waaaaaay better).

#3,127 ·
Kate has had some very tough singles draws starting in NY. Hard to get your ranking up when you play Aga so early
Still in doubles

#3,134 ·
Gold medal Champions are YEC Champions!
Really well done at the end of both sets. Great last game serving that out under pressure!

Reactions: lctorana
#3,138 ·
21 ноября в конференц-зале московского отеля «Рэдиссон-Славянская» состоялась церемония вручения XXIII ежегодной национальной теннисной премии «Русский Кубок». Её уже давно окрестили «теннисным «Оскаром»».
Апогеем вечера и его финальной точкой стал выход на сцену олимпийских чемпионок Игр в Рио-де-Жанейро в парном разряде Елены Весниной и Екатерины Макаровой, которые во всех смыслах слова стали настоящим украшением этой церемонии. «Этот год для российского тенниса очень знаменательный, он знаменательный и для нас с Катей. Мы с ней очень разные, но в очень многих вещах и взглядах на жизнь у нас — полная гармония. Олимпиада всегда была на первом месте. Мы мечтали об этом всю свою жизнь, сколько себя помним. Когда мы выиграли, это была невероятная радость. Надеюсь, наша с Катей победа поможет начинающим теннисистам верить в свою мечту, не бросать, знать и надеяться, что ты достигнешь этой вершины, только надо много работать», — сказала Елена Веснина, не забыв поблагодарить, как она сама сказала, «тыл», всех близких людей и тренеров, которые поддерживали на протяжении карьеры.
On November 21, the XXIII awards ceremony of the annual national tennis award the Russian Cup was held in the conference room of the Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel. This award has been long called the “Oscar in tennis”.
The culmination of the ceremony and its final chord was when Rio Olympic champions in doubles Elena Vesnina and Ekaterina Makarova who adorned the ceremony in all the ways came on stage. “It was a remarkable year for Russian tennis and so it was for me and Kate. Though we are so different, we have many views and opinions that unite us completely. The Olympic Games have always been the top priority for us. We have been dreaming about it all our lives. And when we won we were filled with joy. I hope that our victory will help the would-be tennis players to believe in their dream, not to give up and to know and hope that they will reach the top if they work really hard,” Elena Vesnina said not forgetting to thank, as she called them, “the home front”, meaning all nearest and dearest and coaches who were supporting them throughout their carrier.
https://www.facebook.com/katemakaro...730525539257/1344730448872598/?type=3&theater

#3,139 ·
Katya starts her year in Brisbane:

Pliskova (3) vs Putintseva
Qualifier vs Vedic (WC)
Makarova vs Doi
Tsurenko vs Vinci (8)

Katya is 1:0 against Misaki, but this is their first meeting on hardcourt.

2016 is the second year that Katya has finished in the Top 30, will she ever reach the heights of the Top 10 again?

#3,140 ·
This is a good section to start. Lets see if the Gold medal winner can have a great 2017 also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.