Tennis Forum banner

The Sofa: for off topic chat.

25K views 196 replies 19 participants last post by  Mr.Sparkle 
#1 ·
Well, Laura's injured and is out for at least the next week. Since I like you guys and there's going to be precious little Laura related discussion until she's back, or more information about her injury comes out I'm making this thread so we can talk about other things. Or ignore it and pretend I never posted it, whichever you'd prefer really.

#5 · (Edited)
I've been spending it tied up with degree/work stuff so I haven't had a chance to get away. I've had to resit an exam earlier today which was annoying considering if I'd put the date on a prescription I'd have a 2:1, doing my application for pre-reg and going through the legwork to volunteer at Great Ormond Street Hospital. It's enough to keep me out of trouble, that's for sure.

Oh, also tried out for a cheer squad and got accepted.

#11 ·
Haha it's a very long-winded story, essentially it's an amalgamation of the lyric "Andy, I know", from the song 'Hammer's & Strings' by Jack's Mannequin, the song 'Annie, Use Your Telescope' off of the same record, and a discussion with a friend about the song 'Dani California', where we picked girl's names and matched them to US states, like 'Annie Illinois'. Which, is which the "Ill", or "I'll" derives from. I don't even remember the process that went into it, but those were the basic constituents!

#17 ·
Never posted here before but I love Laura :hearts:.

I'd like her to achieve the following in 2014:

Win 2 titles.
Reach top 20.
Reach a GS QF and 4R

I think that's doable :):cheer:.

Reactions: Royals.
#23 ·
* A footnote to the above. Whatever goals Laura has set herself for 2014 - and I'm sure she has several - I hope she rediscovers her love of tennis. Her disenchantment with the game - triggered, I'm sure, by her joyless coaching relationship with Krajan - was palpable this season and contributed to her numerous losses from commanding positions. At times I think she wanted to be anywhere but on the court.

Laura plays at her best when she is in a cheerful and relaxed frame of mind. Her recent post on Facebook about the start of her off-season training gives cause for optimism. She sounds revitalised and genuinely excited about the hard work that needs to be done.

#24 ·
Laura plays at her best when she is in a cheerful and relaxed frame of mind. Her recent post on Facebook about the start of her off-season training gives cause for optimism. She sounds revitalised and genuinely excited about the hard work that needs to be done.
I feel really optimistic about 2014.. She's basically in the exact same position she was at the start of 2013, which can be put down as a year of learning and now she can get down to business.

#41 ·
Anyone here get in on the Twiter Q&A she did today?
I actually asked: 'How do you have such perfect teeth?' :help:
Her reply: 'I had a proper shark mouth when I was younger. Spent a lot of time at my dentist.'
Ah, so that was the question you asked. I was soooo hoping you were the one who asked Laura if she'd prefer a "hundred duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck". :crazy:

#38 ·
Laura's never been pictured in a bikini and i've never seen her in a skimpy outfit either. KeysisGoat is probably right about it being an image thing but doesn't she wear a crucifix around her neck? Could be something to do so with her religous beliefs and upbringing, unless of course it's just a fashionable piece of jewellery.

#44 ·
Believe it or not that fanfic is the tip of the ice berg. Here's another fanfic disguised as sports journalism from The Guardian newspaper (warning: involves horses, English country mansions and love triangles)

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2010/jan/30/andy-murray-australian-open-jane-austen

Also back in 2010 I used to browse a forum called 'Murray's World' and there was a topic about Andy and Laura at the 2010 Hopman Cup with over 100 replies full of juicy gossip and speculation like if she was the reason he split with Kim and what Andy got Laura for her birthday :devil:, even Caro Woz got involved:

http://www.murraysworld.com/columns/article/15209/

#47 · (Edited)
Nothing concrete. There have been some rumours mentioned in one of her on-topic threads, but some interviews have noted that she's never had a boyfriend because she's so focused on her tennis career.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. I'm not one of those people that will obsessively Google someone to find out their relationship status.

#48 ·
Nothing concrete. There have been some rumours mentioned in one of her on-topic threads, but some interviews have noted that she's never had a boyfriend because she's so focused on her tennis career.
I guess we'll never know until she's famous enough to be stalked by the tabloids or she hooks up with an ATP player. So for now can we assume she has 'friends with benefits' ;)?

#49 ·
The one rumour I heard here was that she was dating Christian Harrison, a low ranking ATP whose brother is in/around the top 100. There's not much to substantiate it though. Either way, Laura's the type of person who'd keep that stuff out of the limelight. We all remember her infamous 'sluts' comment.

#50 · (Edited)
How old does Stella M think Laura is? I guess she wants to keep it youthful.

Although it's not confirmed; this is one of the new designs from the 2014 barricade line that'll be worn at the AO.

I think Laura will probably wear this, it's a Top and Skirt. She's doesn't normally wear dresses on court. It looks like a school uniform though, very Aussie too. (No pun intended) *cough* :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.