USO '14: Which flop was the most/least surprising? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:20 PM   #31
country flag gmak

gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USO '14: Which flop was the most/least surprising?

Least: Kvitova
Most: Ivanovic
Dementieva Clijsters Safina Novotna Davenport Seles Pierce Mauresmo Bovina Golovin Spirlea Farina Likhovtseva Monami Halard Rubin Bedanova Tulyaganova Maleeva Zvereva Sabatini
gmak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:30 PM   #32
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think any of the upsets were flops except VW because she decided to play doubles.

Most: VW, Halep, Kvitova
Least: Kerber

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:37 PM   #33
country flag tennisfan146

tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold

Can't believe how many chose Ana's loss as the most surprising. She is known for choking and fluking. Yes, I know she's improved recently, but still seems to lack confidence in tight situations. Plus, her recent GS results are nothing to brag about either. Pliskova is a big hitter as well and could cause trouble to anyone on a given day.

I actually find Petra's loss the most surprising. Her losing per se isn't anything special, but I certainly didn't expect Krunic to kick her ass. Aga's loss was unexpected as well, but Peng was a quality opponent and has beaten numerous top players beforehand.
tennisfan146 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:38 PM   #34
country flag tennisG

tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold tennisG is a splendid one to behold
I was most surprised at ivanovic and kvitova because they came in such good form. I would normally be least surprised at kvitova but even in the first 2 rounds she was polishing off people easily, you would never have thought she would flop at round 3 to an unknown

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
tennisG is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:39 PM   #35
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

By looking at the opponent, it's Kvitova for me for the most surprising one.

Least surprising for me is Kerber.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:42 PM   #36
country flag PleaseZayn

PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold

Least surprising is definitely Ivanovic. But, no worries, she'll be back.
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:49 PM   #37
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Most surprising is that Vichka is still playing, considering her lack of match play and atrocious form

Who?Lep, FanFave, Ludmilla, Baby Anci, Kirby flopping are kinda NID

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:51 PM   #38
country flag powerchard

powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold

most: Kvitty and Halep
least: Ana and Kerber
powerchard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:54 PM   #39
country flag powerchard

powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold powerchard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseZayn View Post
Least surprising is definitely Ivanovic. But, no worries, she'll be back.
no doubt
powerchard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 03:00 PM   #40
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of

Most: Ana Aga
Help Kvitty
Least: Carebear

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ
IVANOVIĆ*STOJANOVIĆ*JOVANOVSKI*JAKŠIĆ
KVITOVA*DATE-KRUM*PETKOVIĆ*MLADENOVIĆ*
SELEŠ*DEMENTIEVA*CLIJSTERS*LI
NETTENIS.ORG

verdegreen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 03:08 PM   #41
country flag wolf79

wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute wolf79 has a reputation beyond repute

aga and petra truly had been a shocker, and given their superb form literaly no one would've expected that.
kerber is a different story though, as her form was clearly decending after montreal and playing like crap in cincy...

and: the biggest surprise by far is vika still in the tournament, and servebotting as well with 18 aces already. who on earth would've expected that??

dastarded by Darth Vika the Sith Princess of Unholy Fuckery

wolf79 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 03:24 PM   #42
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Most - Halep

Least - Ivanovic (I don't care how well she is playing she is always likely to lose at any round of a slam. I'm happy when she wins even one round.)
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 03:26 PM   #43
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Most: Simona
Least: Kerber

So cute off-court , so deadly on-court ! Simona Halep
Don't press here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ScGcuXZqc
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 03:41 PM   #44
country flag Robson Bouchard

Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute

Most: Simona
Least: Halep