Mona's Last Stands in 2013 (Linz & Luxembourg) - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 18th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #61
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona's Last Stands in 2013 (Linz & Luxembourg)

Yes, maybe she should play there because of all the good memories. But most of all i hope she comes up with a new approach to be a professional tennis player. In this regard, her last loss might have been extremely helpful. I have never seen her that frustrated and horrified after a match.

For me it's no coincidence that the only time she played well after March was in Fed Cup. During these days she was among the other girls and also had a different coach in Rittner. That was the last time i saw her smiling on a tennis court.

So i think she should join a tennis academy during the offseason and should also finally hire a coach of course.
Advertisement

Old Oct 18th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #62
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

2014 will probably be deciding year for her. But i'm pessimistic so far
Will she have another successful first quarter of the year ? or... she will drop out from the top50, top-100
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #63
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
2014 will probably be deciding year for her. But i'm pessimistic so far
Will she have another successful first quarter of the year ? or... she will drop out from the top50, top-100
If someone asked me for Mona's ranking at the end of 2014, i would answer "something between 10 and 150", because i just don't know better. It's extremely hard to evaluate her prospects for next year, given her long deep slump and her unsettled coaching situation on the one hand and her great talent on the other hand.

I am just hoping for a more consistent season in which she can regularly play at a decent level. If this comes with the price of losing some points at the beginning of the season, i would be fine with it.
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM   #64
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Mona's match vs Stefanie was a return to form imo, even if she lost, she had a match point after all, and I've watched the tie break she lost, both players played very well. Mona made a few bad mistakes but some points were really great from her. That match had nothing to do with the mess Mona offered in Linz against Svitolina.

My view anyway.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 08:14 AM   #65
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing happened to me in 2013. I added some more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Simona View Post

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I can rest in peace now.
BEST DAY EVER!!!! Still can't believe I met her and talked to her.

I saw her in court 1 watching a match between the annoying Putintseva and another random player. I was sitting very near to her so I had a little chance to talk to her at that match but I couldn't do it because I was too nervous! I was telling myself at that moment "Oh God why I'm such a gutless idiot?".

Then Mona and her mom went out of court one. I tried to follow them but after I got out of court 1 I didn't see them. I didn't know where they go. I searched a little bit around but I gave up eventually. I was about to go home but before that I was curious to know what's happening in center court. Just out of curiosity. I didn't see anyone there apart form security guards and some guys who were checking if the Hawkeye works or preparing the Hawkeye. I don't know what else they were doing.

Wait a min....! When I was still checking who is on center court, I saw Mona and her mum there sitting alone. I was like "OH. MY. GOD!". This was my 2nd golden chance! I was still too nervous to talk to her though. I was walking infront of her and I couldn't look at her face because you know if I looked at her and an eye-contact happens then I would feel embarrassed. I stood near them but I wasn't looking at them. I was fighting myself lol. After about 10 minutes I told myself "Damn!!! Go talk to her already, you fucking coward! You will never get another chance!". Thank God I didn't waste it like the 1st one. Thanks God! I talked to her finally. I really can't describe my feeling at the moment. I'm still so happy! Still can't believe that I got another chance because of my curiosity. I guess God gave me another chance and didn't want me to leave to my home so sad.

She is so sweet and down to earth. What a lovely women. She was laughing when I told her that I was too nervous to talk to her. I told her that she is my n.1 fav and I was so happy to meet her finally. She smiled at me a lot and said thank you. I asked her about her favourite tournament. She answered AO (her fav slam) and Stuttgart. She likes Hobart too of course. I told her that I followed all her matches from this year and last year and I believe she can be the best German player. She smiled and said thank you.

Oh I asked her also "who is the closest German player to you?". She said all of them but first she mentioned Angie and Julia. I couldn't take a pic with her beacuse there was a fence between me and her. I told her I will take a pic with her tomorrow. She didn't train today by the way. Maybe she trained in the morning. Her mom is always with her.
Quote:
After that day I went to support her in her first match vs Yulia. I waved to her at the start of the match. She smiled at me because she knew me. After the match I took a pic with her. The day she played Angie, I was there cheering for her too. She was GOATing that day. The best match she played this year. At that match, I was sitting in the first row in CC so Mona was hearing all my "come ons" "let's go Mona" etc. After the match, she saw me fistpumping and looking at her. She smiled at me again. Then they gave her 3 balls to sign them and give them to the crowd. She looked at me and tried to give me a ball. I ALMOST caught it. I was so close. I touched the ball first but couldn't grap it well enough. Oh well, that was a bit disappointing but what she did to me was more than enough to make me happy.
I'll never forget these 4/5 days. Easily the best tennis memory I have. Thank you, Mona!

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM   #66
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Next time bring a baseball glove to catch with. If I see her match again I will scream louder. That woman who is with her is her coach
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 05:13 PM   #67
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Next time bring a baseball glove to catch with. If I see her match again I will scream louder. That woman who is with her is her coach

Yeah, I think I should have screamed louder.

Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 04:19 AM   #68
Setsuna.

I already miss her.

Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 11:25 PM   #69
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
I already miss her.
For the last half-year i've only seen a few her awful losses (to Riske, Svitolina, Keys, Venus).
Even her wins over Safarova and Kiri weren't shown (probably her best matches at this period)
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote