Tennis Forum banner

December practices

3K views 43 replies 7 participants last post by  Alizé Molik 
#1 ·
After some days under the sun, Marion prepares Australian tournaments. Her schedule includes Brisbane, Sydney and Australian open.

Marion and her father have decided to change training methods. She practices now in playing sets with men, and from to time with a famous one : Guy Forget.

#2 ·
Good to know! As she always played badly in the Australian Open, it may not be a bad idea to play the 2 previous events to be sure of finding quickly her references to start the year. She really has to reach the 3rd round this year!

#4 ·
After some days under the sun, Marion prepares Australian tournaments. Her schedule includes Brisbane, Sydney and Australian open.

Marion and her father have decided to change training methods. She practices now in playing sets with men, and from to time with a famous one : Guy Forget.
:eek:
Marion loves to play a lot of tournaments, doesn't she? :lol:
Thanks for the update, Lighter :)

#6 ·
She's only playing sets, not tournaments. On my opinion, she understood that top 10 players are more and more powerful. That's why she has decided to compete with men in order to be ready in Australia. Hope that Forget gives her some good advices.

#5 ·
Well she hasn't played that much this season compared to 2007. It was a much more reasonable schedule and since she can be prone to little injuries, it's better if she gives her body a rest from time to time ;).

It's important that Marion practices returning big serves ... playing against men should help her a lot in this respect. It's a pretty good idea I think :). Anyway she always loves trying new things ^^!

#8 ·
As expected, Marion will play Brisbane. Entry list HERE

Official Brisbane International line-up (women’s)
Ivanovic, Ana SRB (no. 5)
Azarenka, Victoria BLR (no. 15)
Bartoli, Marion FRA (no. 17)
Hantuchova, Daniela SVK (no. 21)
Li, Na CHN (no. 23)
Mauresmo, Amelie FRA (no. 24)
Bammer, Sybille AUT (no. 26)
Kanepi, Kaia EST (no. 27)
Kirilenko, Maria RUS (no. 29)
Schiavone, Francesca ITA (no. 30)
Sugiyama, Ai JPN (no. 31)
Kleybanova, Alisa RUS (no. 32)
Bondarenko, Alona UKR (no. 33)
Peng, Shuai CHN (no. 40)
Errani, Sara ITA (no. 42)
Benesova, Iveta CZE (no. 43)
Kvitova, Petra CZE (no. 44)
Pironkova, Tsvetana K BUL (no. 45)
Niculescu, Monica ROU (no. 47)
Govortsova, Olga BLR (no. 49)
Stosur, Samantha AUS (no. 52)
Garbin, Tathiana ITA (no. 55)
Arvidsson, Sofia SWE (no. 56)

#13 ·
Following her Schedule, Marion will play, after Brisbane, : SYDNEYhttp://www.medibankinternational.com.au/2008/12/star-studded-line-up-heading-to-sydney#more-602

Serena Williams USA (no.2)
Dinara Safina RUS (no.3)
Elena Dementieva RUS (no.4)
Vera Zvonareva RUS (no.7)
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (no.8)
Agnieszka Radwanska POL (no.10)
Nadia Petrova RUS (no.11)
Caroline Wozniacki DEN (no.12)
Victoria Azarenka BLR (no.15)
Alize Cornet FRA (no.16)
Marion Bartoli FRA (no.17)
Dominika Cibulkova SVK (no.19)
Katarina Srebotnik SLO (no. 20)
Daniela Hantuchova SVK (no.21)
Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP(no.22)
Na Li CHN (no.23)
Amelie Mauresmo FRA (no.24)
Sybille Bammer AUT (no.26)
Kaia Kanepi EST (no.27)
Maria Kirilenko RUS (no.29)
Ai Sugiyama JPN (no.31)
Alisa Kleynanova RUS (no.32)
Sorana Cirstea ROU (no.36)
Shuai Peng CHN (no.40)

#14 ·
Marion is not inside first list for Paris OGF : http://www.opengdfsuez.com/open_2008/plateau.html

Nor Marion, neither Amélie :

Serena Williams (USA)
Maria Sharapova (RUS)
Patty Schnyder (SUI)
Alizé Cornet (FRA)
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
Na Li (CHN)
Sybille Bammer (AUT)
Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Aravane Rezaï (FRA)
Julie Coin (FRA)
Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (FRA)
Emilie Loit (FRA)
Violette Huck (FRA)

#19 ·
I may be wrong but it seems like there hasn't been yet any article nor interview about the way Marion prepares the new season. We just know she has played with men but nothing more...
With the change of points, the beginning of the year will be extremely important ... even more since she doesn't have much to defend. I'm really really impatient!!! :D

#26 ·
A very interesting Alizé's interview HERE in French. The journalist ask a question concerning her point of view on n°1 ranking criticized by Marion :

The No. 1 status is also the status of the best. Start the 2009 season with this status will change things. In this regard, the controversy Bartoli who said "Why her and not me, it affects you?
I understand this controversy for the past year. I was shocked that she is only No. 1 exaequo with the season after she had made. Only for this season, ranking speaks for itself. When the rankings came out I was French No. 1 in the Race. So I do not see how there can be controversy. At this time, she was behind in points. I made a very good season, too. But in terms of results, mine were more conclusive. If she is not happy, I can't do anything, it is not I who decided!

ALizé just made a little mistake like most technicians of tennis. The French classification is based on the period October 1st- September 30th and January 1st-September 30th (basis of race).
For information, this time, Amélie had to be ranked No. 1 tied with Marion in 2008, it could be argued his final Masters in'06.
So Sept 30th, Marion was before Alizé in the standings. Hence the coup de gueule Marion isn't against Alizé but against the Classification Committee of the fft.

#33 ·
Incompatibility in what respect?Is this for the same reason that existed before with Goven or is this because of Dechaume...or is it a combination of both?(perhaps there's even a neew reason that I'm unaware of)

#34 ·
Im really disappointed about these two decisions made by Marion. Refusing to play Fed Cup and to compete in a French tournament tell really much about how individualistic Marion is ... Really shocking, it's as if she were doing everything to avoid contact with the French team.
I know the calendar completely sucks ... still, she could have made an effort here.

#40 ·
Maybe you see things through the lense of patriotism Iceland but i'm sorry friend you just not seeing this as it is, another snub of the Bartoli way.

But even if it was taht she simpl didnt want to represent France, that's her prerogative.
At times Marion's willingness to be special is a bit boring, it's really a shame that she only sees her career as her job. Well take it as patriotism, but I don't understand how can somebody refuse to play an event on her home land. Some players would love to have such an opportunity and Marion doesn't take it. Yeah yeah she has the right to do what she wants but when you are a public figure, you create expectations, emotions, you communicate with the crowd, this is part of the pleasure of playing... It's not very generous from Marion to turn her back from Paris. People will be disappointed, well I am.

As regards her schedule, I would say that it's not even a smart choice. Dubai will be a tough event, no way she gets seeded so no easy draw. I wish she played Paris & Memphis. She always does well on fast surfaces.

Voilà, that's my opinion, don't bash me for criticizing Marion. She is my favourite tennis player. It's just that at times I wish she would act differently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.