Tennis Forum banner

Sveta K Cheering Thread !! vol.2

154K views 4K replies 98 participants last post by  Michael! 
#1 ·
We can see the future of women's tennis in Svetlana Kuznetsova. Now she's number one junior player and soon keeps WTA tour in her control. She has just started to walk the road to success. Let's support this promising young star together !! ;) ;)
Come on Sveta !!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

See less See more
#3 ·
Sveta is #3 this week, but she has IW finalist points coming off and might fall to #5 in a few weeks.
Lots of points to defend this spring.

#10 ·
When the old thread was closed, Sveta was Russian #1. I want her to stay there this thread.

#16 ·
Sveta is the #2 seed at the bottom

MAIN DRAW

Ana Ivanovic SRB [1]
has a Bye
Ioana-Raluca Olaru ROU vs. Meng Yuan CHN
Vania King USA [WC] vs. Anne Kremer LUX
Tathiana Garbin ITA [31] has a Bye

Flavia Pennetta ITA [19] has a Bye
Kaia Kanepi EST vs. Martina Müller GER
Maret Ani EST vs. Melanie Oudin USA [WC]
Flavia Schiavone ITA [13] has a Bye

Vera Zvonareva RUS [12] has a Bye
Camille Pin FRA vs. Aravane Rezaï FRA
Qualifier vs. Pauline Parmentier FRA
Michaëlla Krajicek NED [22] has a Bye

Tamira Paszek AUT [32] has a Bye
Qualifier vs. Qualifier
Olga Poutchkova RUS vs. Casey Dellacqua AUS
Nicole Vaidisova CZE [7] has a Bye

Jelena Jankovic SRB [3] has a Bye
Madison Brengle USA [WC] vs. Ahsha Rolle USA [WC]
Qualifier vs. Qualifier
Ai Sugiyama JPN [27] has a Bye

Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP [20] has a Bye
Qualifier vs.
Bethanie Mattek USA [WC]
Anastasia Pivovarova RUS [WC]
vs. Laura Granville USA
Virginie Razzano FRA [16] has a Bye

Sybille Bammer AUT [11] has a Bye
Qualifier vs. Yung-Jan Chan TPE
Gisela Dulko ARG vs. Qualifier
Lindsay Davenport USA [24] has a Bye

Olga Govortsova RUS [29] has a Bye
Ekaterina Bychkova RUS vs. Angelique Kerber GER
Elena Vesnina RUS vs. Su-Wei Hsieh TPE
Marion Bartoli FRA [6] has a Bye

Daniela Hantuchova SVK [5] has a Bye
Angela Haynes USA [WC] vs. Sara Errani ITA
Jie Zheng CHN vs. Emilie Loit FRA
Kateryna Bondarenko UKR [30] has a Bye

Sania Mirza IND [21] has a Bye
Olga Savchuk UKR vs. Yaroslava Shvedova RUS
Anastassia Rodionova RUS vs. Akgul Amanmuradova UZB
Shahar Peer ISR [9] has a Bye

Alona Bondarenko UKR [15] has a Bye
Marta Domachowska POL vs. Tszvetana Pironkova BUL
Yvonne Meusburger AUT vs. Edina Gallovits ROU
Amélie Mauresmo FRA [17] has a Bye

Eleni Daniilidou GRE [25] has a Bye
Klara Zakopalova CZE vs. Maria Emilia Salerni ARG
Qualifier vs. Lilia Osterloh USA
Maria Sharapova RUS [4] has a Bye

Dinara Safina RUS [8] has a Bye
Jill Craybas USA vs. Qualifier
Tatiana Perebiynis UKR vs. Ashley Harkleroad USA
Lucie Safarova CZE [26] has a Bye

Karin Knapp CZE [23] has a Bye
Shuai Peng CHN vs. Tatjana Malek GER
Nathalie Dechy FRA vs. Mariya Koryttseva UKR
Agnieszka Radwanska POL [10] has a Bye

Na Li CHN [14] has a Bye
Zi Yan CHN vs. Urszula Radwanska POL [WC]
Qualifier vs. Caroline Wozniacki DEN
Maria Kirilenko RUS [18] has a Bye

Dominika Cibulkova SVK [28] has a Bye
Qualifier vs. Sofia Arvidsson SWE
Ekaterina Makarova RUS vs. Meilen Tu USA
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS [2] has a Bye

Reactions: Milito22
#24 ·
Said Svetlana Kuznetsova, the No. 2 seed, "I love the court, the bounce of the balls. It suits my game so much. I would like to play golf, but I'm not very good."
What does she really love?
"The restaurants," Kuznetsova said, laughing. "Japanese."

#25 ·
Sveta is still trying to get around her large and complicated psyche.
"I hate to lose and I'm a big-time competitor and it brings me down for few days and I have to find a way to keep improving and trying to find strength and ways to win. I hate losing even more now because my expectations are bigger and I'm better and have more self-belief. I know I can do better and it's much worse, like 90 percent of the time. If I lose to someone worse, it's my fault. I'm too much of a perfectionist. I see what I did badly and know what I have to do better. I always put pressure on myself, but I'm honest with myself. I'm not going to blame someone else for an injury."
NOT ENOUGH IMPROVEMENT SINCE SLAM CROWN
The rap on Kuznetsova is that she hasn't improved enough since the '04 US Open, that she still tries to overly dominant the court with her forehand, hasn't added enough variety to her serve, doesn't come into the net enough and is predictable. But under her coach of three years, Stefan Ortega, she believes that she made measurable improvements.
She thinks that her 2004 breakout in New York as an 18-year-old was premature.
"There were no expectations. I was hitting well, playing perfect and it was great. No one thought I was going to win, so I just kept playing and doing it. Then in 2006, I got more consistent again. Then I started to think and accept pressure more and I really do feel much better."
But will the Russian end her career as a one Slam wonder? She prefers not to think about it.
"I don't want to say I'm going to achieve something and then not do it," she said. "I just want to keep going."
On court, that's not the same for Kuznetsova's friend, Anastasia Myskina, who won '04 Roland Garros and is now pregnant and off the tour indefinitely. Myskina tried to come back last year at the French Open and couldn't run in a sorry first-round loss. Her bad feet hadn't quite healed and now, it's conceivable that the first Russian woman to even win a Slam may not return.
"Now she's focused on the baby," Kuznetsova said.
Kuznetsova will play Fed Cup against the United States on clay in Moscow in April, while Sharapova, who led the team against Israel is opting out - for now. Kuznetsova didn't want to play this year due to the heavy Olympic-loaded schedule, but was begged back in. She and Sharapova are sharing No. 1 duties.
"They are going to joke that I was the smart one because it's in Moscow, but that's not true because I wasn't going to play at all," Kuzy said. "I gave all I could to Fed Cup and in my heart, I give everything to my country."
Sharapova wasn't expected to play on clay. It's more than probable that both she and Kuznetsova will be named to the Olympic team.
"I'm very doubtful for that and it's going to be on clay. Sveta and I had an agreement and she said, 'You are going to Israel and I'm going to play the next tie,' Sharapova said with a laugh. "She didn't give me much a of choice. But if someone pulls out, I'll be more than happy to play."

Reactions: Bероника
#27 ·
Svetlana Kuznetsova hopes to end her habit of finishing second by winning Pacific Life Open

2004 U.S. Open champ hopes to end her habit of finishing second

Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia practices during the Pacific Life Open at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden on Thursday. Kuznetsova was runner-up in the 2007 Pacific Life Open.
(Marilyn Chung, The Desert Sun)

INDIAN WELLS - If anything, losing gets harder for Svetlana Kuznetsova to accept as she gets older.

She knows she is a better player today than she was in 2004, when she defeated fellow Russian Elena Dementieva in the final of the U.S. Open for her only Grand Slam singles title. But back then, she says, she simply wasn't thinking about what she was doing on the court. She just did it.
"There was no expectation," said Kuznetsova, who fell in the finals to Daniela Hantuchova last year at the Pacific Life Open, her best finish in the desert but the second of five finals disappointments in 2007. "I had a good stroke, and there were so many good matches in a row. I played perfect tennis."
Over the next two years, Kuznetsova started thinking too much about her game, she said. She began to accept pressure to succeed.
If overthinking and pressure defined 2005 and 2006, then 2007 and, so far, 2008 have to be defined by how close she has come to winning titles, and how many times she has been stopped just short.
Kuznetsova fell short in five of six finals appearances in 2007 - her lone singles title of the year came as a top seed at the Pilot Pen Tennis in New Haven. Outside that, she fell in the finals at five events, including the U.S. Open and Pacific Life Open, both hardcourt tournaments suited to her game.
"I hate to lose," Kuznetsova said. "I'm a competitor big time. It brings me down for one, two days after a loss. But then I have to find strength to keep improving and keep trying."
The parade of runner-up finishes, though hard to swallow, boosted her WTA ranking to No. 2 by the end of the year. Days after her finals loss in Indian Wells last March she rose from No. 4 to No. 3.
Rankings aside, Kuznetsova says she hates losing now even more than four or five years ago.
"I think it's because my expectations are even bigger, and I know I can do better than losing 90 percent of the time," she said. "I'm a perfectionist. I never push fault onto anyone else. I say, 'yeah, I did this, that bad. I have to do this better.'"
Four events into 2008, Kuznetsova has two more runner-up finishes, at the Medibank International in Australia and most recently the Dubai Tennis Championships. She is the second seed at the Pac-Life, where she says she loves the courts and the bounce of the ball.
"It suits my game so much," she said.
That, and Kuznetsova finds herself in what might be the softest side of the main draw, though she says she tries not to pay attention to who she'll be playing beyond the next round.
Fellow Russian and No. 8 seed Dinara Safina represents the strongest challenge through the quarterfinals, after which the winner will face the loaded Hantuchova-Sharapova bracket in the semis.
"I feel every year that I know more and more everyday what I do on the court, and I can do more things," Kuznetsova said. "Another thing I have to work is myself. You know, I focus on the court and less ups and downs. That's my main goal."

#28 ·

Marilyn Chung, The Desert Sun
Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia practices during the Pacific Life Open at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden on Thursday, March 13, 2008 in Indian Wells, Calif. Kuznetsova was runner up in the 2007 Pacific Life Open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.