Tennis Forum banner

* Magdalena Rybarikova Thread *

275K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Giorgiboy 
#1 ·
She's playing quali in Hasselt. Good luck! :)

(1)Camille Pin v Olga Savchuk
Eva Hrdinova v Neha Uberoi

Stephanie Dubois v Anne Kremer
(7)Galina Voskoboeva v Claudine Schaul

(2)Maret Ani v Ekaterina Dzehalevich
Anastasia Rodionova v Mandy Minella

Tatiana Poutchek v Caroline Maes
(8)Shikha Uberoi v (wc)Davinia Lobbinger

(3)Severine Bremond v Agnes Szavay
Danica Krstajic v (wc)Eveline VanHyfte

Matilde Munoz-Gonzalves v (wc)Leslie Butkiewicz
(6)Meilen Tu v Sandra Kleinova

(4)Martina Muller v Aravane Rezai
Vanessa Henke v Magdalena Rybarikova

Lubomira Kurhajcova v (wc)Debbrich Feys
(5)Kaia Kanepi v Yevgenia Savransky

See less See more
#511 ·
Magda has drawn Gisela Dulko in the 1st round. In some ways this can be considered a pretty tough start as Dulko is ranked 37. However Dulko has not had a good time on hardcourts this year and so far she has won only one out of nine matches played this year on hard. Hence this can also be seen as a pretty good draw. Personally I think Magda has what it takes to win this match. ;)

Good luck Magda :rocker:

#512 · (Edited)
US Open (update)

Singles
1st round: Rybarikova d. Gisela Dulko (ARG) 6:4, 6:0
2nd round: Rybarikova d. Tamira Paszek (AUT) 6:1, 6:2
3rd round: (15) Patty Schnyder (SUI) d. Rybarikova 7:6(4), 6:4

Doubles
1st round: Sabine Lisicki/Aravane Rezai (GER/FRA) d. Rybarikova/Ipek Senoglu (SVK/TUR) 6:3, 6:7(5), 6:4

US Open, 2nd round - against Paszek

#514 · (Edited)
US Open 2008

In the 2nd round singles Magda dominated over Tamira Paszek and defeated the Austrian cleary 6:1, 6:2. In 3rd round she will faced to 15th seed Patty Schnyder.
In the 3rd round Magda lost 7:6(4), 6:4 to Schnyder. In the 1st set she lead 3:0 and had four setpoints at 5:4. In the 2nd set Magda saved two matchpoints at 2:5.

#515 ·
#524 ·
Interview: Magdalena Rybarikova

Q: So, miss Rybarikova you won your QF match, tell me your feeling about that.

" It was a tough match, because she play really good but i was concentrated on my game."

Q: What was the key for your yesterday's match?

"It was my serve and my forthand. I play really agressive. I play my game..."

Q: Do you think that there are some points to improve for your next match?

"It will be a tough match. I will play my game and be cosentrated and will see!"

Q: What's your favourite tournament?

" Wimbledon. I lost in 1st r. but really like it. I like grass."

Q: What has been the biggest win of your career?

" It was over Paszek in US Open. I play very well, it was a good match."

Q: Who is the toughest player on Tour now?

" Serena Willimas. Also, Venus is hard."

Q: Any players on Tour you do not like to play?

" Schnyder. I played with her in US Open. She use a lot of spin... I don't like her..."

Q: Who is your best friend on Tour and why?

" There are no many. I don;t know, no one special, some czech players. You know, I'm rookie there. They don't know me. Maybe in future!"

Q: What has been the key to your success this year?

" I play well. I enjoy every tournament. I think I'm ready to play big tournaments."

Q: Who were your tennis heroes when you were growing up?

" They were Roger Federer and Martina Hingis."

Q: What are the good and bad points of being a professional tennis player?

" I don't know... Hard to say. I enjoy tournaments. Everything is organized and good. No bad points. Only good ones!"

Q: What's the strangest thing that's happened to you on the Tour?

" No, there is nothing strange."

Q: If you could play any tennis player, past or present, who would it be?

" LIndsay Davenport. She is a very good player. I like to play with her."

Q: What’s your relationship with the other girls from your country on Tour?

" Oh... no problem with them. I don't know Daniela Hantuchova, because she is older than me. Cibulkova is OK. We play Fed Cup for Slovakia. No a special relationship with other girls because they play only ITF tournaments..."

Q: What are your goals for the future?

" I want to be in Top 50 as the end of year. I'm 68 now and want to be in Top 50. This is my goal."

Q: What’s your feeling about being World No68?

" I wasn't thinking about that before. It's very nice! It was my dream. I want to be a Top 100 player and now I'm 68. Next step is to be in Top 50 as the end of year."

Q: Was it so hard as it seems to be? I mean to climb up from No231(07) to No68?

" Oh... It was good. I won some tournaments. I start play good. I really play good in RG but lost against Safina..."

You had a great US Open this year and many chances to make really far… You lost to Patty Schnyder in two tough sets…
Q: If you have the chance and turn back the clock, what you would change or do it better?

" Oh... no... SHe play really good, She is older, she is in Top 20 and she's more experienced. Maybe next time I will beat her."

Q: What’s your plan for the rest of the year?

" I will play for sure in Sofia, in Tashkent and in Bratislava."

Q: Your fans want to see you play more on Major Tournaments of WTA Tour like Tier I or Tier II events. What you and your coach think about that?

" I want to play in Moscow tis year too. Next year maybe... Now i play very well. Just Moscow for this year and then some relax!"

There are 2 Top 20 players representing Slovakia on WTA Tour. Tell me your opinion about them:
Daniela Hantuchova:
Yes, we talk only in FED Cup. Hantuchova has a lot of experienced. She is very good player. She was my Idol when I was 12. I like her game."
Dominika Cibulkova:
We are both 19... not best friends but... Husarova, I like her. She's sexperienced and funny!"

Q: How can you learn from them, if you think that there are some things to learn from them?

" Hantuchova is really experienced. Cibulkova is a great fighter ans so Husarova. So, I have to ask them..."

This is your second time in Greece. Tell me about your 1st experience in Patras City, when you capture your best ITF title.

" It was very good tournament for me. It was running in my Final match but... I like the city. I like Greece and greek people.

Q: What to expect from you in this tournament?

" I like clay too. I have my chances!"

Q: Why do you choose to play Athens and not in a WTA Tour tournament in Bali?

" First of all, here in Athens i would be seeded player. Also, I like this city...It's really special here! My coach told me to come and play in Athens..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.