2013 Wimbledon Final: Marion Bartoli def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4 - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #826
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Wimbledon Final: Marion Bartoli def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4

Heart-Wrenching Moment of the Year: Sabine Lisicki's loss at Wimbledon
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #827
country flag Skanna

Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold Skanna is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmiler View Post
And of course the Bartoli fans who understandably still want to celebrate the win. At least their bumping is to continue the celebration rather than bathe in the disappointment of the opponents fans.
I've been perusing the forum for old threads including results thread for Wimbledon, this caught my attention, it does speak to the notion you raised, that of "bathing in the disappointment of the opponents fans." I was simply astounded by the web of hate and fan base wars here. So you really can't fault one group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator. View Post
Serena fans, where are you? You are laughing at Mashatards, karma is back!

Sabine, I fucking LOVE YOU! LITERALLY L.O.V.E. Y.O.U!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!!!!oneone!!!!!!!111111

Thank you
Skanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #828
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Again some idiot bumping it ? Why ? Why this particular thread ?
There are many others old matches that many people forgotten tht its happened...
saint2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #829
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

could this thread die already? I want to forget this day ever happened
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #830
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #831
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Yawn. I found that article hugely disrespectful to Marion.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #832
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
could this thread die already? I want to forget this day ever happened
No chance. It's in the history books of our sport and Bartoli's name is engraved in the trophy with Sabine's in the silver plate.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #833
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Anyway, Marion is now one day with RIchard Branson, the day after with Elton John......Her schedule is full. No time for nostalgy.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #834
country flag Petersmiler
Team WTAworld

Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
No chance. It's in the history books of our sport and Bartoli's name is engraved in the trophy with Sabine's in the silver plate.
Exactly, runner up at Wimbledon is no mean feat. Congratulations Sabine, it was totally unexpected and a delight to watch your progress.

Petersmiler is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #835
UDACHi

UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute

better player won. dunno why people act like sabine was a huge favorite to win the final, i saw it as 50/50 going in. but then of course the goat laid down the law.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #836
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

A truly bad day for the WTA - again.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #837
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see Marion still keeping pressed Lisicki's fans after months.

Last edited by Eldest : Nov 19th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
Eldest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #838
country flag Petersmiler
Team WTAworld

Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanna View Post
I've been perusing the forum for old threads including results thread for Wimbledon, this caught my attention, it does speak to the notion you raised, that of "bathing in the disappointment of the opponents fans." I was simply astounded by the web of hate and fan base wars here. So you really can't fault one group!
You're right, it's not unique to one fan base. I was only commenting within the context of this thread. And I see a few new examples have been added since I made the comment. Six months after the event.

Petersmiler is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #839
country flag CanIGetAWhat
♥ All-American Reject

CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute

I was so thrilled for Marion that day.

CanIGetAWhat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #840
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Yawn. I found that article hugely disrespectful to Marion.
I found it wrong from start to finish.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote