Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2013 Season - Volume 13

224K views 6K replies 106 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Come on Jelena, win it all !!! Draws will be out soon ! 01:00 CET ! Lets hope she wont draw Serena 1R :scared: :lol:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: COME ON :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

#5 · (Edited)
Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - - Volume 13

My god...just watching the last couple of games of her match against Chan (recorded on ES). So ridiculous to see that JJ always played a slice on her fh when she had to make two or three steps to that side. Aweful.:eek: Her forehand was always a weak spot, but come on, never saw her fh sooo weak. And what is with that stupid swing? At the end she also moved pretty bad and looked tired, too. As I already wrote on GM.....just another pretty bad result. Sad.

#8 ·

We need a new volume already :hearts: With Olympic gold we will finish this before Montreal :dance:

#11 ·

Just noticed there's a lot of derision against JJ.
Huge amount on GM, and some here.
Feel that another "mistake" from her and she'll be lynched!

It's just a game.
To me of interest will be to see how it progresses further.
I am convinced that one characteristics, (part of the "nature") of all living things is to turn on the "weakening" member of that group. Seen it many times before - and it's playing out here as well.

Let's put things in perspective.
Right now we are watching the BIGGEST crisis of Jelena as a tennis player. 2006 does not compare, since she was an "unknown".

Self mocking (when frustrated) is ok with me, but derision is a low thing. I think that loyal fans should keep that in mind. Now is THE moment when she needs the support. OK, it may be a meaningless concept, when it's only expressed on a tennis forum, yet ... even miniscule it means something.

#13 ·

Just noticed there's a lot of derision against JJ.
Huge amount on GM, and some here.
Feel that another "mistake" from her and she'll be lynched!

It's just a game.
To me of interest will be to see how it progresses further.
I am convinced that one characteristics, (part of the "nature") of all living things is to turn on the "weakening" member of that group. Seen it many times before - and it's playing out here as well.

Let's put things in perspective.
Right now we are watching the BIGGEST crisis of Jelena as a tennis player. 2006 does not compare, since she was an "unknown".

Self mocking (when frustrated) is ok with me, but derision is a low thing. I think that loyal fans should keep that in mind. Now is THE moment when she needs the support. OK, it may be a meaningless concept, when it's only expressed on a tennis forum, yet ... even miniscule it means something.
Yes, she needs support :D But maybe she should also be confronted with the fact that her game is not good these days :hysteric:

#17 ·

So she will be unseeded player in London :tape:

I guess she will get Top 4 in R1:mad:

*I saw 3rd set on ES last night. I have never seen more negative player between points ( negative attitude during whole set). WTF

#20 ·

*subscribing*

#24 ·

Jelena, absolutely disgusting :help:

Choked 2 MPs in 2nd set away. One at 7-6 and one at 8-7 in Tiebreak :eek:

Break Points Won in 3rd set: Chan 2 of 3, Jelena 1 of 8 :tape:

Jelena is only a shadow of her former self. Pathetic loss, pathetic performance. She has become mentally very weak. I was shocked how bad she played. A disgrace. Where is her super footwork from the past? Hard to believe this girl once was #1 in the world and in a Grand Slam final. So many stupid UEs. Horrible mistakes on return. Forehand is worse than ever. Backhand not among the best on WTA Tour anymore. Her serve was broken 8 times. And how passive does she play?! I really have no words for her anymore...

#28 ·

I like the dress! Wonder what the ceremony uniform will look like.

#31 ·

I burned some time today.
Wanted to figure out where JJ was "actually" relative to other players.
Numbers told me that her level of play was between 20 & 25 in rankings.

I worked this out by looking at last 1/2 year results, and giving weightings to opponent's rankings.
(Thus if a player wins a match against a lower ranked player they are awarded their own ranking points, but if they lose, then they get lower ranking of the opponent, yet if they beat a higher ranked player they get the higher opponents rankings for that particular game.)
System is not perfect of course, but it does give me a relative idea of the "form" over last 6 months.

Here's what my numbers said:
(the lower the numbers the better the ranking).

1. azarenka - 2.7
2. sharapova - 3
3. Radwanska = 6.1
4. Wozniacki - 8
5. Venus Williams - 11.7
6. Kvitova - 12
7. Serena Williams - 12
8. Petkovic - 13.6

9. Li-Na - 14
10. Clijsters - 15.9
11. Kerber - 18
12. Stosur - 20
13. Ivanovic - 21
14. Kuznetzova - 24.6
15. Bartoli - 25
16. Cibulkova = 26

17. Safarova - 27.2
18. Lisicki - 28
19. Schiavone - 30.8
20. Jankovic -31.3
21. Kirilenko - 31.4
22. McHale - 32.4
23. Errani - 34.2
24. Petrova - 36.5

Zvonareva - 39
Panetta - 47

It's interesting to me that Venus basically had very good results all year but for the Wimbeldton.
Zvonareva is way down, because of bad losses to a number of very low ranked players.
Errani's current ranking of 10 is a fluke, because before Rolland Garros she lost to many lower ranked players.

Kuznetzova lost matches but to reasonably ranked players, so her ranking should be much higher than is now - which means that she is not in a slump.

Kerber is a genuine top-10 player.
Schiavone & Jelena are going through same dramas in regard to form loss, i.e. top 10 players dropping to 20-25 range.

Also that Azarenka & Sharapova are "real" 1 &2, in that they virtually did not lose to any lower ranked players (say below 15)

I think that the numbers tell me that JJ is currently 20-25 standard. It surprises me since I thought that she was much lower.
Incredibly Zvonareva's and Panettas forms are even worse!!

So all is not lost!
If her dismal form at the moment says that it's that of a standard 20-25 ranked player, then there's only one way .... and that's UP.
(p.s. I mean "up" ,, after the Olympic Games)
Cheers. ;)

#33 ·

^ She won't play doubles
about draw
http://2012.itftennis.com/olympics/news/articles/london-2012-draw-to-be-held-on-26-july.aspx
Olympic draw to be held on 26 July
The ITF has announced that the draw for the Olympic Tennis Event will be held at The All England Club, Wimbledon on Thursday 26 July at 11am.
The opening ceremony for the Olympics is taking place the next day on 27 July, before the tennis event gets under way on 28 July. After nine days of competition, the tennis event concludes on 5 August. The action continues in other sports until the closing ceremony brings an end to the Games on 12 August.
In total, 44 countries are being represented at The All England Club. There will be a 64-draw for the men’s and women’s singles, with 16 players seeded in each event, and a 32-draw for the men’s and women’s doubles, with eight teams seeded in each event.
The mixed doubles, which is making a return to the Olympics as a medal sport for the first time since Paris 1924, will have a 16-draw, with four teams seeded. The draw for the mixed doubles will take place during the tennis event on 31 July.
Entry into the mixed doubles will be based on each pair’s combined ranking. Players can use either their singles or doubles ranking to qualify, whichever is highest, and a maximum of two teams per country are permitted. There are 12 Direct Acceptances into the mixed doubles, with the remaining four spots being filled by ITF Places.
If there are two players or doubles teams from the same country in any event, they will be drawn in opposite halves of the draw. If there are three or more players from the same country in the singles event, they will be drawn in different quarters of the draw.
Seeds for the draw will be based on the latest ATP and WTA world rankings of Monday 23 July.

I
So all is not lost!
If her dismal form at the moment says that it's that of a standard 20-25 ranked player, then there's only one way .... and that's UP.
(p.s. I mean "up" ,, after the Olympic Games)

Cheers. ;)
:cheer:

#32 ·

Does anyone know when Olympic draw comes out? And is JJ playing doubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.