160K views 3K replies 72 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Alexandra

Residence : Bucharest, Romania
Date of birth : 03/05/1990
Birthplace : Bucharest, Romania
Height : 1.66m
Weight : 46 kg
Plays : Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface : Clay
Win/Loss Record - Singles : 145 - 70
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles : 7
Career High Singles : 248 (December 20, 2010), current rank is 250

Personally

* Alexandra started playing tennis when she was 4 years old
* Her father, Alexandru, got her on the tennis court for first time
* Short right kick is her preffered shot
* She likes playing offensive on court
* As personal interests are swimming and listening to music

See less See more
#316 ·
Re: Alexandra Cadantu (ROM)

Alexandra really establishing her GOAT status.

All R2 matches played tomorrow, only 2 on CC with Errani vs. Czink being already a lock, Alexandra snatched the 2nd spot, tomorrow at 11am

#318 ·

And over all other remaining seeds. Tomorrow is my day-off so I will have the pleasure to follow it live. :drool:

She really has a shot. Wozniak's career record on red clay is everything but overwhelming. It will depend on her serve and her nerves.

#322 ·

Badass 2nd serving.

I've done her wrong. Her game is surely Top 100 level, no doubt, but her (2nd) serve is just atrocious, even worse than Monica's and the loads of Foot Faults as well...

#323 ·

It's only enough for a set at the moment, I blame the lack of experience here. We shouldn't forget that the biggest difference between ITF and WTA lies for sure not only in the differences of talent, but mostly in the level of fitness, training and endurance. It's not that easy to adapt to the demands of the WTA tour with the much more professional opponents when you were used to the ITF for so long.

Most girls have completely different training capacities and possibilities, while Alexandra's environment is completely basic and local, probably the most basic among Top 100 and it became obvious today that it's very hard for her to keep up her performance. That first set was probably the best I've seen from her, the tiebreak especially was brilliant, but once she got a bit negative after wasting chances and decreasing her 1st serve percentage she was toast. In the end she hid herself behind the towel, she was clearly frustrated about her game, but there wasn't more she can give.

Still, I'm positive about the upcoing ITF in Cagnes-sur-Mer and no doubt she can win a match at RG as well with a decent R1 draw.

#327 ·

That was some pretty good and heavy hitting from either player in that 1st set. Cadantu just stepped it up in the TB to go in lead, then her serve broke in and Wozniak hit like 20 direct ROS winners from there on.

#328 ·

Alex is the #3 seed at Cagnes Sur Mer. Plays Edina opening round. Interestingly, these two have never played each other before.

#329 ·

Tough one. Edina's slice could easily trouble Alexandra who has the more potent ground game by far. Serve sucks for both.

Not that surprising that they never played each other. Cadantu is much younger and they are only ranked within the same ranking zone for 8 months or so.

#332 ·

I just looked at the draw. Alexandra has a shot, Edina was definitely one of the more dangerous opponents in the draw. R2 against Watson who lost a set to Birnerova.

#335 ·

In quarters she's facing Morita or Rybarikova.
walking byes to the semis. :)

I really underestimated Alexandra. I thought her Monterrey final was some fluke of epic proportions, but she is really playing rather well these days. I hope for a good draw at the FO, Top 50 getting closer and closer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.