Tennis Forum banner

When In An Elevator (starring M. Sharapova,S. Williams,V. Azarenka, N. Djokovic...)

8K views 72 replies 17 participants last post by  slvr1969 
#1 · (Edited)
So guys this is a story my best friend and I started writing for fun and decided to post it here so that you can tell me what you think of it (I really hope you don't hate on it :lol: )It's quite long so I'll be posting it in parts and this is the first one.

Characters: Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka, Novak Djokovic and Rafa Nadal
Description: Just hours before the Wimbledon SFs something goes terribly wrong and our favorite players are forced to spend the rest of the day stuck in an elevator.

Part 1
The sound of the rain falling against her window woke her up. As she stared at the thunder some clouds, a feeling of despair and agony overcame her. All this negativity triggered a long and contradictory monologue:
“Oh my God, isn't it enough that I’m playing against that terrifying creature whose sole purpose is to haunt me for life? It was already gonna be humiliating to lose against her for like the 1000th time. So is this stupid rain really necessary? For god’s sake, now it will be even more difficult to synchronize my limbs.
Stop it, you are not going into this match thinking that you have already lost, you’re a fighter damn it, so act like one! And even if I’m gonna lose, I’m gonna do it MY way (tripping, falling, hitting myself with the racket, doing the EXACT same thing over and over again and double-faulting the SHIT out of this thing).

“Yep, this is how I roll” she murmured while getting dressed.
After Maria got ready, she opened her “Endorsements Handbook”; her very own sacred bible, where she kept all her secrets about how to become the most sponsored person to have ever walked on this earth. She turned to chapter 2 (publicity and advertisement) and started reading the golden rules:

1. Eat Sugarpovas wherever you are, no matter what you are doing.
2. Take as many pictures as possible while holding Sugarpovas.
3. In each of your sentences the word Sugarpova must be used at least three times.
4. Get engaged.
5. Then break up.
6. Confuse people by posting pictures of you with short hair and cause panic.
7. Have a stroke while trying to give a seductive wink (gangnam style).
8. Be COMPLETELY unaware of anything whatsoever about your competitors-peasants.
9. After winning a match get confused about what to say (example: come on or fuck yeah) and as a result encourage the audience to fuck on.
10. Shave your mustache.

A smile appeared on her face as she was now prepared to face the lights of publicity. She left her hotel room and headed towards the elevator, not really caring if anyone noticed the tall dashing brunette exiting that same room just a few seconds after her.

He suddenly woke up, astounded by the vividness of his very own dream. Startled and upset, all he could think about was how real everything had felt to him. Just by recalling the memory it seemed like he was already there again, his fingers through her hair, his breath on her neck, their hearts racing, while she was gently sighing in his ear. As hard as he tried, he still couldn't resist the temptation of those thoughts .The taste of her breath, the smell of her skin and the softness of her lips were intoxicating to him. His mind was starting to slip right off track again just as a much too familiar voice brought him back to reality.
“Honey, are you awake?”
“Morning love” he replied in a hoarse voice, trying to keep his answers as short as possible, in an attempt to hide his guilt. He laid a kiss on the top of her head; he knew that this kind of intimacy wasn't enough, but anything else would have been just too hypocritical. Leaving the bed he walked towards the bathroom, still avoiding her gaze. He had to put this out of his mind, there were more important things to deal with. If he was to win the title there could be no distractions. This was Wimbledon for crying out loud, one of the most prestigious tennis tournaments, and all he did was waste his energy on things that weren't even possible. He was successful, in a relationship with an amazing girl that really cared about him. He had everything one could ask for, so what on earth was wrong with him? That was it; this would end right here and now.
He managed to silence the voices in his head and relax a bit. Satisfied after chasing away his worries he could feel a sly smirk appear on his face. The elevator doors opened and that smirk went away as quickly as it had come. He went blank, the only thought he managed to assemble as he saw her standing there was: “WHAT THE…”
“Hi” Maria said with a smile.
It took him a couple of seconds to pull himself together and managed to utter a faint “Hello”.
“What’s up Novak?” she asked cheerfully
At the sound of her voice he had a sudden flashback of last night’s dream.
“Um I’m fine.” He smiled awkwardly - “How about you? Today’s the big match right?”
With those words, Maria’s happy expression vanished from her face “Please let’s just not talk about it” came her reply in a tired voice.
He started to think about the dream again and ashamed he lowered his head to avoid her gaze, fearing that it would reveal the truth. Only to realize that this had been a really BAD idea, as he noticed her slim, endless legs. ”Oh crap!” he thought and immediately averted his eyes for the second time, now trying to look at anything but her.
“Are you alright, you seem a little bit…disoriented?” she asked in a curious voice.
“Good job Novak that wasn't weird at all!” he thought.
“No I’m fine” he answered while still not looking at her.
“So did you like my birthday gift? Aren't Sugarpovas great?” she asked with a broad smile.
“Ha-ha” he laughed nervously -“Yeah I've been meaning to spank you…Um thank you, I meant thank you”
“Jesus, kill me now!” Novak thought angrily.
Just in time, the elevator doors opened, to put an end to the awkward silence that had now taken place.

“You’re a hater and unattractive inside!” she yelled angrily in an upset voice at her TV. This was unheard of! How could there possibly be anyone on this earth that didn't like Justin Bieber? A frustrated hiss escaped her mouth, while watching those stupid people hating on the eighteen year old phenomenon.
“Whatever, this show sucks” Serena thought and abruptly turned the TV off. She pressed play on her music player and her loud LOUD voice echoed across the room “Baby baby baby oh like baby…”
Suddenly she saw the door open and Venus’s anxious face appeared “Oh my god what’s happening, why were you making that noise, are you hurt?”
“Err… I was singing, thanks by the way that’s not offensive at all.” Serena answered irritated.
“Oh…” Venus’s reply came in an awkward voice while thinking “Please don’t hit me, please don’t hit me, please don’t hit me”.
But Serena wasn't paying any attention to her sister; she just kept singing in her so off tune voice. Venus realized that she was out of danger, for now, so she left the room quietly while she still could.
After getting her Bieber-fever on she was now ready to kick that Russian bitch’s ass. Even though she kind of liked her, because she’s hot, as she had claimed in interviews, she would make her regret the day she was born. That tall, screeching machine, better not try to out-grunt her today or things were going to get really nasty. That bitch was going down, hard! While doing her well-known crip walk, she got dressed and left.
As she saw the elevator doors open, she thought that god must be on her side, giving her the opportunity to intimidate her foe before the match. Djokovic was also there, talking to the upcoming loser. They were kind of weird though, Novak seemed a bit awkward and Maria was sort of blushing, “Am I interrupting something, here?” she wondered.

See less See more
#31 ·
Thanks everyone :)

She probably would just be really freaked out :lol: She might be enlightened by my words and finally hook up with Novak. But most probably she would have this huge realization that people know about the mustache and will shave it more often. So many possibilities I don't know :lol:

#35 ·
Another great read!

#48 · (Edited)
Sorry for taking so long to post the next part...hope you enjoy it and continue to tune in! :)

PART 4

“Novak?” Maria asked. Suddenly everybody was looking at him, expecting him to answer.
“Novak, are you there?” she asked again.
“Huh, what?” he said still holding her.
“Um…you can let go of me now ...We stopped fighting like, ten minutes ago...”
“Oh shit” he thought. – “Ugh yeah, I know that ...You know just to be on the safe side...”
“Right...Err, you’re still holding me...”
“Yeah I’m letting you go now. Don’t do anything stupid.”
“I don’t mean to interrupt your thing ...whatever that is, but we need to do something about the elevator...remember, the one we've been stuck in for the past thirty minutes?” Serena said.
“Well we can always climb on Maria and escape through the service hatch” Vika mocked.
“No we can’t do that it’s probably locked” Serena replied frustrated.
“Yeah...cause that’s exactly what we would have done otherwise!” Maria scoffed.
“ OK knock it off. I think we should just wait for the technicians to come, surely they are on their way” Novak suggested.
“Wait, did anyone push the alarm button? Does anyone know we are even here?” Maria asked.
“Wasn't that the reason you two were fighting?” Serena wondered.
Vika and Maria looked at each other baffled. “I thought you did that!” snapped Azarenka.
“Well I was too busy trying to rip your head off, so...”
“Oh, my God this is never gonna end, is it?” Novak interrupted.
Serena started getting pissed off by everyone’s uselessness and stupidity and therefore decided to just push the button herself. “So... Now that that’s settled...” Serena said and sat on the floor next to Rafa. Djokovic noticed that for some unknown and completely illogical reason Sharapova and Azarenka were sitting next to each other too. “Okay...not a brilliant idea” he said and sat between them, gently pushing Azarenka to the side. Serena obviously in that kind of mood, tried to start conversation with Rafa.
“Is it just me or is it getting hot in here?” she asked seductively.
“You want my sweater?” he offered.
“Um...That doesn't make any sense...I said I’m hot, why would I want your sweater?” she replied confused.
“Oh, sorry. My English not that good. I confuse words sometime.” he explained.
“Well...maybe we could arrange a private lesson...
“I have teacher in Spain, muchas gracias!” he smiled.
“You are not getting this are you?” said Serena in despair.
“Get what?”
“Never mind...”
While this was happening, in the other corner Novak was also in that kind of mood.
“I ‘m really glad you are not having a nervous break down right now. You’re so much prettier when you are not screaming hysterically, punching people and spitting in my face.” he said cheerfully.
“Oh, Novak! That’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me!” she laughed.
“Well, I am adorable, aren't I?”
“Ha ha... Are you trying to be funny? Djokovic the Djoker!”
“Oh, and it was going so well...” he said and they both laughed again.
“So are these rage outbursts like a regular thing for you?”
“Only when SHE is involved” Maria answered.
“I heard that!” Vika snapped.
“Then I’m assuming, this doesn't happen often for you, huh?” Novak asked
“No, not really...”
“Oh, that’s too bad, cause I sort of enjoyed trying to calm you down...It would be nice if that was something I get to do more often.”
“Well I’m glad somebody enjoyed it...”
“This is not working... Obviously she doesn't understand where I’m going with it.” he thought desperately.
“Yeah, you’re kind of hot when you get angry... Well, actually not just when you’re angry... You know in general too. “
“Um...Why are you telling me this? I’m gonna be honest here...I’m getting this weird vibe from you. Where are you going with this?”
“He says you caliente” Rafa winked at Maria.
“Oh so now you understand what hot means!” Serena said annoyed.
“Heh...” Maria laughed nervously – “No he’s just kidding. You’re kidding right? Please say you’re kidding...”
“Um no... I don’t think I am...Actually I think I’m kind of hitting on you...”
“Well first of all you have a girlfriend...so this is not happening here buddy, this (gesturing towards herself) sweet sweet Sugarpova is not for you. But you know what, here, you can have some Sugarpova gumballs instead.” She patted him on the back and handed him, or more accurately threw a pack of candy in his face.
“Oh no she didn't!” Serena snapped her fingers. “That was so good! Give the Chocomamma a hi-five...no, you know what, come here you, gimme a humor hug...That’s right just take it, it’s all yours, you deserve it!”
“Um thanks...I guess!” She hugged her back – “I just thought of it actually...I don't know, it just came to me right now!” Maria grinned pleased with herself.
“Right, so...as I was saying...” Djokovic started.
“Look. I know we've been stuck here for a while now, and that you have hormones and testosterone and stuff, and I know that you’re like a manwhore, and that you like to hit on everything that’s female and moves but you need to tone it down here. Tighten up!”
“Snap! Girl you’re on fire today, manwhore that was so good!” Serena interfered again.
“Oh thanks but that’s not mine, I saw it on Grey’s Anatomy”
“Ugh that McSteamy is so H-O-T! Which by the way means hot for those who didn’t get it”
In those couple of minutes Novak’s expression was easy to read: first confusion, then doubts about Maria’s sanity and finally anger.
“YOU” he said pointing at Serena - “Stop being so stupid!”
“And YOU” he continued now pointing at Maria – “Stop being so bitchy and childish!”
“Hey Novak I didn't mean...”
“I’m not done!” he prevented her from finishing her sentence by putting his finger on her lips. His sudden change of behavior took her by surprise and what surprised her even more was that a small part of her enjoyed it. After a couple of seconds she managed to take control of the situation and smacked his fingers away.
“Did you just shush me? I don’t like being shushed. Nobody shushes me!”
“Oh, is that right?” He raised his eyebrow, giving a doubtful look, letting her know that he wasn't intimidated. He continued provoking her by stepping closer, putting his hands over her and reaching for the wall. Allowing her no space whatsoever, she was now positioned between the wall and him.

#51 · (Edited)
PART 5

“Err...Wha...What are you doing?” she stuttered.
“Will you stop interrupting me!” He locked eyes with her. “You need to realize that I’m being serious here. I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I can’t help it really...”
“What’s happening? What is he doing? Has he completely lost his mind? Why aren’t I stopping this? He pushed me over a wall! Is this how being abused feels? Could this be sexual harassment? I will sue him! Oh god they are all looking at us...he couldn't find a better time for this shit. What did he say to me? Why can’t he just leave me alone? Leave me be. I hate his stupid face, so close to me; I can’t even take a breath without his stupid perfume burning my nose. What is that anyways? Who wears such a thing...OK don’t be unfair now, it’s kind of...pleasant. YEAH for a toilet refresher!... You are being mean, it’s not that bad...I’m starting to like it actually.”
“Why did you react this way before? I mean would this be so unheard of, that you won’t consider it even as a possibility...”
“Did he always have muscles like this... I've never noticed before. Ugh I can’t think when he’s looking at me like that, I’m really uncomfortable. His eyes are so...intense and green, they are too green! What is he even saying right now...his lips keep on moving but I can’t hear anything. They look really soft though, I wonder what it would feel like to...Oh my god! What did you just think? What was that? Seriously! Did you just think that? Seriously! You did, didn't you! Get a grip of yourself! Control - freak mode back on. STOP. THIS. NOW.”
“Let go of me. I’m serious, Novak.” she said angrily.
“No, I’m not letting go of you, Maria.” he said in a sarcastic tone.
“Are you mocking me? You’re not being funny.”
“Stop avoiding the subject. Why can’t you just answer me?”
“Why can’t you just let it go?”
“You know what I think? I think that you feel that way about me too...”
“What? That’s not...”
“...Oh yeah? Then why won’t you just answer me? I mean, are you prolonging this on purpose? I think you are actually enjoying yourself.” he said with a smirk.
“No, I’m NOT.”
“You’re not really convincing, you know.”
“Oh my God, you’re so full of yourself!”
“Would that be something you'd like? Is that a thing for you? Cause if it is, we could work something out.” he winked at her.
“Um, I…I-I don’t know how to respond to that.”
“Oh, wow, Maria Sharapova is at a loss for words? I never thought this day would come, but hey, you’re a human being, right? Even you can’t resist my charm.”
“Who do you think you...” she started, pissed off.
“Hey, I’m not blaming you, I get it.”
“Oh really? But the thing is I’m not the one that’s all confessional today.”
“Well if you’re in the mood, I’m always available to confide in. Anyplace, day or night...preferably night.”
“Thanks, but no, thanks.”
“Yeah, yeah whatever. This is totally happening now. I can see it in your eyes.”
“What are you talking about? What exactly is happening? Are you delusional?”
“Keep living in denial, all you want, but...”he said and moved even closer to her.
“I don’t appreciate the fact that you’re intruding my personal space.”
“Can I ask you a question?”
“Um...No!”
“What would you do if I...kissed you?”
A general gasp echoed across the elevator from the spectators.
“I’d slap you. Done deal.”
“Ohh, I love it when you get physical. Tell me more, please. This is getting interesting.”
“What, no! That’s not what I was trying to say...”
“Maybe you were trying to say you’d kiss me back, eagerly, but along the way you got confused.”
“No, I don’t think I was trying to say that either.”
“Okay, so you get another chance. Let’s go again. What would you do if I kissed you?”
“No, I’m not talking about this anymore.”
“Oh OK,then I might as well give it a try and see how it goes, if you’re not gonna talk about it...
“DON’T. YOU. DARE!”
He leaned in closer, his breath against her ear while whispering “But your lips look so delicious, I don’t think I can resist.”
At that moment Maria was having a hard time gathering her thoughts: “Say something, say something, say something”
But instead what came as a reply was this:
“Whaaaahohh…” a mixture of the word what and a mumbling sound.
A quiet chuckle escaped Novak “I think I’ll take that as a yes.”
He slowly started leaning towards her, just about to kiss her, when suddenly Maria’s reflexes took over, reminding her to bend so as to avoid the kiss. As a result Novak hit his head on the wall and Maria had now managed to escape his grip.

Silence…

“Aaaaaaaaaawkward...” Serena said.
At that moment all eyes were on her.
“What? Come on admit it...You were all thinking it, you were just afraid to say it.” She continued.
“Ouch, that hurt!” Novak exclaimed.
“What the hell was that?” Maria yelled. “Are you stupid?”
“What...I thought this was happening. I warned you.”
“Well, it wasn't!”
“Oh and how was I supposed to know that? You weren't exactly making a lot of sense at the time, all I could hear was some mumbling.”
“Well, still that wasn't a yes, was it?”
“Well it wasn't exactly a no either.”
“Oh I’m so sorry I didn't make myself clear enough, for you not to assault me!”
“You are forgiven, just give me a heads up next time, so I...you know, don’t hit myself!”
“Believe me there won’t be a next time.”
“Whoaaaaaaaaaa…” Serena exclaimed. “Really? But you guys are so good together. You are just like Damon and Elena from Vampire Diaries. You are meant to be!”
“Umm... right. Can we please change the subject? Let’s all pretend this never happened.’’
“Yeah Maria, that’s the way to go. Just erase stuff from your memory...healthy.” Novak scoffed.
“Sooo...any topics you guys? Preferably not anything too personal...” Maria said ignoring him
“Does anybody have a snickers? I’m starting to get hungry.” Vika asked in a worried voice

A couple of minutes later…

"…Yeah and so I went there and I was like “Hey what up! You want some chili I’m gonna give ya some chili”" Maria laughed.

“...and then they were really freaked out by me. But what was I supposed to do? Nobody else was talking, like AT ALL, and I needed to say something to break the tension. I considered rapping but then I was like, NO. Maria you can’t rap. Don’t go there. So now what? Keep it up with the jokes? They’re looking at me weird. Novak looks kind of worried. The joke was that bad, huh? ...They’re still looking at me, am I supposed to say something now? Act normal, act normal, act normal! Say something smart.”
“Do you like tortillas?” she asked enthusiastically.
“Yay tortillas!! Gimme five my man!” Rafa said.
“Um...Alright just please don‘t call me that.”

“She wants me, I know it. I can see it, it’s obvious. It’s just her stupid brain getting in the way. So what if I have a girlfriend, who cares? ...Okay, don’t say that, you’re better than this. But what if I didn't have a girlfriend? What would have happened then? Would she still have rejected me? Am I being desperate, is this like appalling to her...was the flirting too much? You know what Novak, she’s right. You DO have a girlfriend so what’s the point of thinking about this?I should just let it go. Oh my God, did I just cheat on my girlfriend? Well OK I didn't cheat exactly, but I would have if things had gone better. I need to stop this, it’s wrong. Yeah I’m letting it go...It’s done.”

“...So overall I think I’m gonna go with the red dress. It’s kind of short, but not in a slutty way, you know? And also the cut is really...”
“What did you mean by that?” Novak interrupted suddenly.
“Oh, come on, it’s a nice dress! Jesus don’t be so judgmental, you haven’t seen it!”
“What?”
“What?”
“I said, what did you mean when you asked me to pretend nothing happened?” he continued annoyed.
“I thought we weren't going to discuss this.”
“Is it just because of my girlfriend? I mean, if I was single, would you still have reacted the same way?”
“Novak..."
“Or is it something else? Is it that you don’t find me attractive or something?”
“But you do have a girlfriend so why are we talking about this?”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.