Tennis Forum banner

IW Chat Thread

15K views 393 replies 38 participants last post by  pedropt 
#1 ·
Cheering and Jeering for players other than Maria Sharapova
As requested, because it was pretty popular during the Australian Open
:cheer:

#239 ·
Sara would be easier for Maria, but not so much.. She's playing well! Marion would be tougher and better preparation for Petra/Victoria if those matches were to happen!

#241 ·
I'm impressed with Errani. I really thought she'd be a one-hit-wonder with that French Open. But she's been a consistent top 10 player for the past year. She fights and scraps for everything on the tennis court even when she knows she's outgunned by the very top players. And being on the number one doubles team has certainly helped her with her singles game.

One thing that does need to be pointed out about the Maria/Azarenka matchup is that Maria's 2 wins against her last year were indoors. And that does matter because we all know how variable weather conditions effect her game considerably compared to many other players. Maria hasn't beaten her outdoors in years and that's something she needs to overcome as soon as possible to build confidence.

#242 ·
Everyone hates Errani and think sshe shouldn't be in the Top 10, but she has much better results than most other Top 10 players. For example, in 2012, after Serena, Vika and Maria, she had the best GS results :lol:

She had a QF at AO, Final at FO, R3 at Wimbledon and SF at USO. That is great.

IN addition to that she won 4 titles (altho small, but still titles) and had lots of other QFs or better. She had early exits too, but she has been consistent overall.

Also, this year, after a terrible start of the season and everyone prematurely celebrating her exit from the Top 10, she reached the finals of Paris and Dubai and won Accapulco (plus a QF at Doha and at least a QF in IW as well).

I'm not a fan of her game, but I can't hate her because she has worked so hard to get where she is at. Everyone hates her, so I kind of feel sorry :sad: :awww: :hug:

#249 ·
Nole isn't even interested in the match.. Grigor was playing well and hit 4 DFs to give the break away, failing to serve out the first set! :lol:

#254 ·
Grigor has a nice tan! He's probably spending his days by the pool with Maria, sunbathing and sipping cocktails! :hysteric:

#255 ·
Nole signed the camera and then wrote 'AUUU' :lol: why is everybody writing weird things after winning matches?! :lol:

#259 ·
Caro-Vika :hearts: I'm desperate for Caroline to win this, but she definitely isn't the favorite! :hysteric: Kerber-Stosur could be interesting too.
Petra will win vs Maria, who must be exhausted after those long matches she's had!

#261 ·
Kvitova/Kirilenko going to a 3rd set. Petra had it in cruise control, up 6-4, 4-2 and the wheels come off and she loses the next 4 games. That's something that's happened to her too often in her career.

I do hope she gets it together in the last set because I want Maria to face the biggest challenges in the semis and finals and overcome them to prove me wrong when I doubt her. And Petra and Vika are 2 of the 3 biggest obstacles Maria will have in front of her all year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.