Sydney Q1: #673 Storm Sanders storms past Eugenie Bouchard 76 76 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #46
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sydney Q1: #673 Storm Sanders storms past Eugenie Bouchard 76 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
its more of a 60s hippy name like Sky or Meadow
But her parents probably grew up in the 80s
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #47
country flag Jose.
CL*2NE1

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

Storm She has a nice lefty game

I agree Bouchard is not that good, a bit overhyped by her looks like many players on TF (Yeah, Goerges too ). And I say this looking at how she plays and not on her results, she improved a lot last year but I still don't see her being a big star on tour like many people are predicting...

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #48
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
The girl is 18, give her a break. Loads of junior have a tough time during their first pro season, let alone their first 2 events. THIS is a disappointing loss but this doesn't make her whole season nor her whole career. Give her a few months before judging what is her "usual level". I mean she's played a whole summer and a good fall period with good results and you're saying she was "above her usual level". Only by judging on 2 matches that she has played in the same week at the start of the season? I'd say the numbers only shows that she's having a bad start of the season and that her usual level is more like she was playing during the 4-5 months at least. Logically you know more about her game by looking at the results she,s had for 4 to 5 months than 1 week.
I'm not judging her potential based on the two losses she has suffered so far in 2013. I'm judging her potential based on the times that I have seen her play and been completely underwhelmed. She didn't win a slam until she was 18 for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
Yeah, you can't say a stretch of weeks is "playing above her level."
...next.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #49
country flag Dann2695

Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice

WTF Genie
Dann2695 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #50
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold

Storm Sanders vs Tornado Ali Black vs Hurricane Black
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #51
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

No worries Genie, plenty more opportunities to come. Some people will hate on her because she's pretty, and you have to ask yourself what kind of person hates someone based purely on their beauty...that rights a person who is attracted to ugliness!
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #52
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Timmykinz View Post
No worries Genie, plenty more opportunities to come. Some people will hate on her because she's pretty, and you have to ask yourself what kind of person hates someone based purely on their beauty...that rights a person who is attracted to ugliness!
What about people that like Genie only because of her looks?

I like Genie (but like Storm more), but not because of her looks. But I'm sure a lot of people do
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #53
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

I went to this match, quality was fairly average. Sanders was the aggressor the whole way through. The match was really on her racquet which is not a real good sign for Genie.

Storm absolutely hammers the ball off the ground and is still fairly solid - serve definitely needs work though, super low ball toss.

Genie was really average though, was double faulting a lot and catching her ball toss constantly, her usually strong ground game was really ineffective - Sanders was teeing off left and right. I'm not sure if Bouchard was sick or something, she definitely didn't look like herself on court.

Funny note though, when they left the players area Genie strolled out with her coach, maybe mother, and agent and a fitness trainer completely decked out in her Sharapova Collection gear while Storm followed completely alone Nike top, Adidas skirt. It was a real contrast.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #54
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

ashley harkleroad part deux
wildemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #55
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
ashley harkleroad part deux
Let's hope so.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #56
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktor View Post
while Storm followed completely alone Nike top, Adidas skirt. It was a real contrast.
She doesn't have a clothing sponsor? Strange

She has a racquet sponsor
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #57
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Let's hope so.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #58
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
I'm not judging her potential based on the two losses she has suffered so far in 2013. I'm judging her potential based on the times that I have seen her play and been completely underwhelmed. She didn't win a slam until she was 18 for a reason.

Lol Well I don't think anyone is thinking that she,s going to be top 50 by the end of the year so i don't get what's so underwhelming? Or maybe you're setting your expectations way too high. A player winning a slam at 14 is not assured to be succesful more than a girl who won at 18. Look at Robson, she's been playing strictly pro events since the last couple years and she's only cracked the top 100 and got good wins only last summer Loads of young americans that you are yourself hyping are not even making the top 200 and they've left the juniors since a while. Can she be a top 10? yes, will she be with the level of play she's had in the last year or so? Not at all, she'll need to improve alot. It's a graduated process tho and you need to give her time. You're so quick to jump to the conclusion that she's overhyped but you don't even wait for a full year as a pro to say that when you must know more than anyone that it takes a good two years for the average junior to really make the transition to the pro

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #59
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktor View Post
I went to this match, quality was fairly average. Sanders was the aggressor the whole way through. The match was really on her racquet which is not a real good sign for Genie.

Storm absolutely hammers the ball off the ground and is still fairly solid - serve definitely needs work though, super low ball toss.

Genie was really average though, was double faulting a lot and catching her ball toss constantly, her usually strong ground game was really ineffective - Sanders was teeing off left and right. I'm not sure if Bouchard was sick or something, she definitely didn't look like herself on court.

Funny note though, when they left the players area Genie strolled out with her coach, maybe mother, and agent and a fitness trainer completely decked out in her Sharapova Collection gear while Storm followed completely alone Nike top, Adidas skirt. It was a real contrast.
catching it with her head?
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote