Tennis Forum banner

Amazing Athletic Anca Barna !

13K views 196 replies 30 participants last post by  mk27 
#1 ·
OK, OK, I will think of a better title. ;)

Go Anca ! She has had an excellent start into the new season.

Auckland:

1st round - Adriana Serra Zanetti 6-3 7-6 (8)
2nd round - Vera Zvonareva 3-6 4-6

Canberra:

1st round - Martina Müller 3-6 6-4 7-6 (6)
2nd round - Magui Serna 6-7 (5) 5-7

Australian Open:

1st round - Francesca Schiavone 5-7 6-1 6-3
2nd round - Lisa Raymond 6-3 6-1
3rd round - Venus Williams 1-6 4-6

This will most definitely bring her a new career-high rank in the upcoming rankings. :D

Her next event will be either Tokyo or (more probable) Paris.

She has very little points to defend until Estoril in April. A good chance for Anca to reach her biggest aim right now - cracking the top 50. :)

And we won't forget to keep track of her younger sister Adriana. :)
After a rather disappointing year 2002, she is currently ranked no. 253. Hopefully she can come back to the top 200 again this year.
She will probably begin her season next week at one of the bigger European challengers. Good luck ! :)

See less See more
#6 ·
Great title........ can't think where i have seen it before :confused:

I quite like the title ;)
it suits her as well :)

go Anca ;)

#8 ·
Anca is not in Tokyo. Good for her, as she flew back home right after the Venus-match and it would have been stupid to go back to Japan now.
I think she only committed for the case that she miraculously reached the 2nd round in Melbourne. ;)

Thanks for the pic, dnadd. :) Which location is that ?

#9 ·
#10 ·
As Anca is not playing this week, we can follow how her sister Adriana is doing at the $25K challenger in Belfort, France. :)

In the first round she plays qualifier Maria Jose Sanchez Alayeto, who was the most successful player at $10K-satellites last year, winning 4 of them.

Tough match, but good luck Adriana. :)

#13 ·

this pic of Anca & Adriana is abt. 3 years old, Adriana is much slimmer now (maybe even slimmer than Anca) !

good luck next time, Adriana! :wavey:

#22 ·
ANCA hat in der ersten doha-runde gegen PIERCE 2:6, 6:2, 3:6 verloren, führte im 3. satz bereits 3:1 und nahm bei matchball gegen sich eine behandlungspause....
ich bin enttäuscht. gegen pierce muss sie gewinnen und diese aktion beim matchball ist sehr fragwürdig....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.