Tennis Forum banner

Auckland 2012

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Qalahari 
#1 ·
she is in Auckland
does it mean she will play doubles with Barrois?
or any other news on a regular Doubles-Partner?

#4 ·
Nein, bislang nicht. Mit Görges wird sie auf keinen Fall in Melbourne spielen, da diese mit Petkovic dort spielen will. Ich bezweifele bei Grönefeld auch stark, dass es jetzt im Doppelranking noch mal deutlich nach oben gehen wird. Selbst hier ist sie ja nur noch die deutsche Nummer 3 und gar nicht mehr so weit von einer Jasmin Wöhr entfernt. :unsure:

#5 ·
Ich hab da auch keine grosse Hoffnung.
Und ehrlich gesagt macht sie das doch nur damit sie nochmal schön reisen kann, und nicht von Challenger zu Challenger tinkeln muss.
Wenn sie es sich leisten kann gerne.
Ich hoffe jedoch das Rittner nicht Kerber zuhause lässt beim FedCup nur um eine Grönefeld mitzunehmen.

#6 ·
(1)Peschke/Srebotnik v Derkmeijere/Moulton-Levy
Hampton/Woehr v Birnerova/Brianti

(3)Hlavackova/Hradecka v Arvidsson/Larsson
Cirstea/Jurak v Barrois/Groenefeld

Cornet/Niculescu v Bogdan/Dulgheru
(WC)Fanning/Kulikova v (4)Goerges/Pennetta

Errani/Vinci v Lisicki/Peng
(WC)Erakovic/Marino v (2)Mirza/Vesnina

#13 ·
ALG is a lost cause

She tries to repeat the likes of Christopher Kas or Alex Waske who remain top50 material in doubles

But the real reason is that her brain is not ready anymore for the critics of her body weight and the lack of singles success. On the other hand, which is dramatic, she is ready enough to play the big events and avoid qualifyings or ITF but rely on big stages and feel as if being "top50"

That´s the main reason girls like Lucic did not have success for years because their brain was not ready for ITF but believing they still have a name and they deserve star status in treatment and tournaments. Bovina is another name I think of

What I do hope immensely is that Babsi Rittner won´t rely on ALG in FedCup anytime soon as we have 4 top stars and let Kerber stay at home just to rely on Gröenfeld, would be rubbish. Once ALG has a year with Barrois and is remaining top50 rather than improving her rank to top20 level again, maybe she will wake up

This whole experiment will ruin her brain only more rather than improving her game. Once she gets a partner like Vania King back, maybe yes, but without a top partner, the whole next 2-3 years are lost years - and well deserved. The player herself ruined her whole career just to be treated with diamonds+luxery again in big events rather than sweat+tears for returning to form

#15 ·
I think the problem is that there's an element of unresolved psychological trauma in regards to the blood, sweat and tears you speak of. She's never seemed spoilt to me or too interested in living the high life. There's just no discipline there; Font de Mora sapped the enjoyment out of competing and working hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.