Tennis Forum banner

'Krajicek's DRAMA interview' Misa: I can't take it anymore!!

4K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  Yellow Moon 
#1 ·
What a sad interview :sad:
Part of the interview translated:

Michaella Krajicek blames her poor results on her tough relationship with her parents. Krajicek has been living and training in Florida for the past 1,5 years. A choice that didn't was respected by her parents.
Misa: That my parents don't support is one of the reasons that i'm not playing well. I take my personal problems on to the tenniscourt. If i can't focus for 100%, it's going to be tough! It's really hard when you are having personal problems.
One of those problems is that her parents don't accept that she has a relationship, with her 35 year old fitness coach. Since i'm having a relationship with Allistair, it has gone awfully wrong!

My parents are saying in the media, that they can't get in touch with me. Apparently they don't have my number and i haven't spoke Richard (Krajicek) for about 1,5 years.

Fed Cup:
Last year Dutch fed cup coach; Bollegraf also talked badly about Misa in the media. It was the main reason that Krajicek stopped playing fed cup. That's too bad because i love to play for my country. I hope i can play in 2011 for my country with another coach then Bollegraf.
I can't understand that the Dutch Tennis Asocciation has decided to keep on going with Bollegraf. Arantxa and i can bring Holland back to the world group.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Krajicek's DRAMA interview. Admits relationship with her coach&Problems with pare

Oh dear Misa :tears:
I can totally understand that her parents can't understand, why she is having a relationship with her 35 year old coach.
But really sad to read that she basicly lost contact with her whole family

#6 ·
that's what parents are for Misa;they worry and they get angry.I mean you are dating a man who could be your goddamn dad:eek:can you blame them?:rolleyes: :mad: :shrug:

#7 ·
What a sad interview :sad:
Part of the interview translated:

Michaella Krajicek blames her poor results on her tough relationship with her parents. Krajicek has been living and training in Florida for the past 1,5 years. A choice that didn't was respected by her parents.
Misa: That my parents don't support is one of the reasons that i'm not playing well. I take my personal problems on to the tenniscourt. If i can't focus for 100%, it's going to be tough! It's really hard when you are having personal problems.
One of those problems is that her parents don't accept that she has a relationship, with her 35 year old fitness coach. Since i'm having a relationship with Allistair, it has gone awfully wrong!

My parents are saying in the media, that they can't get in touch with me. Apparently they don't have my number and i haven't spoke Richard (Krajicek) for about 1,5 years.

Fed Cup:
Last year Dutch fed cup coach; Bollegraf also talked badly about Misa in the media. It was the main reason that Krajicek stopped playing fed cup. That's too bad because i love to play for my country. I hope i can play in 2011 for my country with another coach then Bollegraf.
I can't understand that the Dutch Tennis Asocciation has decided to keep on going with Bollegraf. Arantxa and i can bring Holland back to the world group.
Yeah, so basically we only have one side of the story. I find it odd that both her parents, her brother and even Fed Cup captain are "agaisnt her" with no reason :confused:

#20 ·
It does seem proof that women lack the same professionalism and drive that men have. I dont get why keep mentioning 35 as if its some absolte disgrace. Hes 35, not 55, and shes old enough to make her own mistakes :shrug:

#21 ·
She's 21, and old enough to make her own decisions. Fourteen years isn't that much in comparison to some couples. I know several couples who have 15-20+ years difference between them. It's definitely not the norm, but I wouldn't say that it's "shocking" or anything remotely close to that. Maybe she just has a more mature outlook on life and needs somebody a little more mature and stable than someone her own age. It happens.

#31 ·
too bad these young talents get so easily imbalanced (hormonal chemistry or whatever). Similarly to Misa, the CZE player (but living in Paris) Petra Cetkovska slid down on with her French coach, Maxim Boyé and so did her ranking: from 49 in 2008 to current 235. She didn't care much for home visits (cares more for Czech beer, which she ships in to FRA from Pilsen :hehehe:), post-treatment of injuries took the place of pre-tourney conditioning, lost her game drive and killer instinct, and at the age of 25 realized she became more of an exhibit at rec courts than a competitive tennis professional :cool:. It took Petra two years to realize her prospect-less downfall (besides, "coach" was earning less and less once her ranking dropped below WTA Qualies, yet the tourneys remained just as hard), split, took on serious training with Stephan Charret (shared with Mathilde Johansson, also living in FRA), and may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :angel:. As for Misa: give her time, but hopefully she won't waste too much of it ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.