Tennis Forum banner

Birmingham 2007

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  DutchieGirl 
#1 ·
Misa is on the entry list for this tournament for the first time!

The entry list of May 9th:
1 Jelena Jankovic
2 Daniela Hantuchova
3 Na Li
4 Tatiana Golovin
5 Vera Zvonareva
6 Marion Bartoli
7 Ai Sugiyama
8 Samantha Stosur
9 Mara Santangelo
10 Jie ZHENG
11 Olga POUTCHKOVA
12 Severine BREMOND
13 Maria KIRILENKO
14 Alona BONDARENKO
15 Michaella KRAJICEK
16 Agnieszka RADWANSKA
17 Eleni DANIILIDOU
18 Nicole PRATT
19 Jamea JACKSON
20 Meilen TU
21 Nathalie DECHY
22 Sania MIRZA
23 Roberta VINCI
24 Elena LIKHOVTSEVA
25 Yung-jan CHAN
26 Vasilisa BARDINA
27 Alicia MOLIK
28 Julia VAKULENKO
29 Laura GRANVILLE
30 Anastasia RODIONOV

See less See more
#3 ·
In the first round she'll face a qualifier (hopefully not Brenda if she qualifies!) and then if she wins probably Sequera. In the third round she might face Na Li.

Krajicek [14] vs. Q
Baltacha [WC] vs. Sequera
Shvedova vs. K.Bondarenko
Bye vs. Li [4]

#6 ·
Why should Brenda need the points? She didn't make Wimbledon qualifying by her ranking, so the points she earns will not help her there.

Anyway, I guess she will quit after Wimbledon if she does get a WC. If not, who knows what she'll do?

#7 ·
In het interview van gisteren op radio 1 kwam het er op neer dat ze een tweede tenniscarrière begonnen was. En dat ze niet alleen op Wimbledon wilde schitteren, maar ook de andere Grand Slams zijn mooi. Ze had het alleen vooral over Wimbledon, omdat ze daar de grootste kans maakt op een goed resultaat.

#9 ·
Misa got a really nice draw here! She should make 3rd round, and QFs or SFs is totally not impossible if she is playing well on the grass again. Should pretty much guarantee her a seeding for Wimby seeing as Golovin and Zvonareva are unlikely to play anyway. ;)

#10 ·
:bigcry:
She lost against Fedak (how on earth...) 6-7(5) 3-6. She led the tiebreak 5-1...

I really thought grass would do her good, but now it seems that only applies to Rosmalen. My week is ruined; hopefully she does better next week because those tickets were pretty expensive!

Good thing I forgot to bet on her :p

#11 ·
Pff what the fuck is this?
Everytime when I think she's back on track there comes an unexplainable loss. This is really very bad, she had to reach at least the semifinals here, this was her tournament!
This is why she will never become a real top player, she has still too much strange losses like this one.
Very dissapointing!

#12 ·
Pff what the fuck is this?
Everytime when I think she's back on track there comes an unexplainable loss. This is really very bad, she had to reach at least the semifinals here, this was her tournament!
This is why she will never become a real top player, she has still too much strange losses like this one.
Very dissapointing!
Saying 'still' means there's room for improvement, and thus 'never' does not apply.

#15 ·
Yes that's true but I see no improvement. She's losing matches like this since she started at the WTA. After three years it should be expected that she becomes more constistent and that she learns from those matches. She's still not focused enough at the beginning of matches and she's not very good on the tactical side. I mean, she has difficulties with changing tactics when she's losing, most of the time it seems that she can't find ways to turn around matches like this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.